Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diet examples

Hey guys, I just got a fill yesterday, and I'm up to 6.5 cc's. I'm struggling a little bit on what to eat. Can you guys please give me some examples of your day to day diet? I'm worried about eating too much and sliming all over the place and being in pain, so I've been eating really lightly and I'm starving. Tonight I made some egg whites and spinach and mushrooms, and I ended up sliming 3 bites in.

I'm just curious what you guys eat to stay full, feel satisfied. I also think I need to adjust to way smaller portions. I was at 4 cc's before and I didn't feel much restriction.

Thanks!

I have no fill anymore, so I'm back on normal sorts of portions of bread, cereals and such. But I found with restriction (which was never that tight for me) I really truly needed some carbs in my day to bulk up what I ate and give me lasting satiation.

I loved a salad with Protein lunch, for sure. But it didnt last past 2 hours for me before I felt peckish. Put that salad and Protein on a piece of wholegrain bread and I was right till dinner time.

That's only if you can eat bread and if you choose to eat bread though. if you're low carbing, that advice isnt going to help. In that case, small protein Snacks regularly seems to be the general advice, but I always find I'll keep prowling until I eat more balance and include the carby foods,.

I've been slightly too tight once in five years and what I found was that I could only eat a little but was constantly starving because I couldnt eat enough at a time to sustain me for more than an hour or two. YOu dont have to be vomiting up your own saliva to be too tight. however, you've just had that fill, give it a while to settle, a bit of weight loss perhaps and you might find this problem disappears.

You might get more varied advice by posting in the post-op area but here's my .02 and opinion. :)

It's possible that you are struggling because you're swollen from your recent fill. Go easy on your band for the next couple of days. Maybe go back to liquids for a day. Every time you get stuck on something, you're just aggravating that swelling. If you're still dealing with stuck and sliming issues after a week or so of being kind to your band, then you most likely have an overfill (assuming you're doing everything else right). My surgeon said that stuck and sliming episodes should be *rare*.

The first thing to keep in mind is that restriction (I dislike that word) is not physical restriction but cessation of hunger. By eliminating the hunger, *we* are better able to make the choice to restrict how much we eat. Before I understood this, I had 8.75cc in a 14cc band and was getting stuck and sliming at every meal. Now I have 6cc in my band, can eat anything I *want* without getting stuck or sliming but can go 4 hours after a meal before I start feeling normal hunger that tells me it's time to start preparing my next meal.

My normal Breakfast is 2 eggs and 2 strips of bacon. lunch is 3 oz of Protein and 1/2 cup of vegies. dinner is the same but I add in 1/4 cup of starches (rice, Beans, potatoes). I avoid wheat product and sugar because both cause intense cravings for more. I avoid artificial sweeteners because they cause cravings for sweet things. I do not eat between meals.

I am a diabetic so in the beginning, if I did have a day where my blood sugar was swinging, I would eat 1 oz of hard cheese or a hard boiled egg as a mid-meal or evening snack. However, as of a week or so ago I've gotten control over my diabetes to the point where I no longer have to take insulin...and my blood sugar is stable enough that I don't need that mid-meal Protein snack anymore.

My favorites are cottage cheese w/a spoon of peach/strawberry preserves or jelly and scrambled egg with bits of ham and veggies in it. Today for lunch I did scrambled egg with 1/2 cup of ranch Beans I had made and put it on two tostada shells and a sprinkle of cheese. It sounds like a lot of food, but really isn't.