Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all! I'm Cam. I was just banded on 12/18/1. I feel 98% better then the first week of being banded.

I was NOT expescting that amount of pain...but thankfully that part is over. I was banded in Mexico at the Port Angeles Hospital in Tijuana. The facility was clean and I was overall happy with the way things went. I am dissapointed in the lack of post op support but I am ok with that now since I started hanging out on this website.

I am on solid/regular foods now and feel like I am doing ok. I did throw up once in my 2nd or 3rd week but I think I drank my milk to fast (I was really thirsty I guess) but it wasn't horrid, I didn't have any food only liquid that I threw up. I was SCARED however because I really didn't want my band to slip or rip a stitch.

All my incisions are healed except one that is right under my breast so it's taking awhile to heal (it's hot under there, eww) so hopefully that will heal soon. I still have some pain at my port site but I hear that can take 2 months or so.

I have yet to work out which I suck for!! I am trying to find avenues to get me motivated. At first my excuse was pain, then it was fatigue and now there is no excuse. So I am trying to jump on the "band"wagon. ughhh its so tough in the winter!

I don't have a local support group (that I have been able to find yet) so i think this website is awesome! So far everyone has been friendly and helpful.

Ok so now on to my stats.:

I'm a 29 yr old single mother

my family has given me grief since I was in 2nd grade (my mother put me on slim fast in 3rd grade)

My grandparents and parents decided to finally go ahead and get me the surgery without my knowledge, one day they called and told me what they wanted to do.

I am happy I got the surgery, although I am concerned at times that my family did this for me for the wrong reasons.

My 7yr old is definately on the same track as me (overweight) and I am VERY careful about the things that I do with her and trying to feel positive about herself and working on the transition of both of us eating better and hopefully helping her lose some weight with me without her being to aware of it. I don't want her to focus on weight while she is growing up, SO if I can do it without making it a huge deal that would be my GOAL.

I started this journey at 272lbs and I do NOT have a goal wight. I found that a goal weight stresses me out and a deadline is even worse.

I would like to go down a size or 3 before my 30th birthday on March 2nd. But IDK if that will be possible. We will see.

That is all I can think of for now. I am excited to share this journey with you guys!

Thank you

Cam

Hey all! I'm Cam. I was just banded on 12/18/1. I feel 98% better then the first week of being banded.

I was NOT expescting that amount of pain...but thankfully that part is over. I was banded in Mexico at the Port Angeles Hospital in Tijuana. The facility was clean and I was overall happy with the way things went. I am dissapointed in the lack of post op support but I am ok with that now since I started hanging out on this website.

I am on solid/regular foods now and feel like I am doing ok. I did throw up once in my 2nd or 3rd week but I think I drank my milk to fast (I was really thirsty I guess) but it wasn't horrid, I didn't have any food only liquid that I threw up. I was SCARED however because I really didn't want my band to slip or rip a stitch.

All my incisions are healed except one that is right under my breast so it's taking awhile to heal (it's hot under there, eww) so hopefully that will heal soon. I still have some pain at my port site but I hear that can take 2 months or so.

I have yet to work out which I suck for!! I am trying to find avenues to get me motivated. At first my excuse was pain, then it was fatigue and now there is no excuse. So I am trying to jump on the "band"wagon. ughhh its so tough in the winter!

I don't have a local support group (that I have been able to find yet) so i think this website is awesome! So far everyone has been friendly and helpful.

my family has given me grief since I was in 2nd grade (my mother put me on slim fast in 3rd grade)

My grandparents and parents decided to finally go ahead and get me the surgery without my knowledge, one day they called and told me what they wanted to do.

I am happy I got the surgery, although I am concerned at times that my family did this for me for the wrong reasons.

My 7yr old is definately on the same track as me (overweight) and I am VERY careful about the things that I do with her and trying to feel positive about herself and working on the transition of both of us eating better and hopefully helping her lose some weight with me without her being to aware of it. I don't want her to focus on weight while she is growing up, SO if I can do it without making it a huge deal that would be my GOAL.

I started this journey at 272lbs and I do NOT have a goal wight. I found that a goal weight stresses me out and a deadline is even worse.

I would like to go down a size or 3 before my 30th birthday on March 2nd. But IDK if that will be possible. We will see.

That is all I can think of for now. I am excited to share this journey with you guys!

Thank you

Cam

Hi Cam,

I think it's great what you are doing with your daughter, most people don't realize how traumatizing it is for a child to be harassed or ridiculed about their weight, it's so heartbreaking. I was also an obese child, luckily I wasn't teased as much as other kids were, but I knew I was different and was reminded of it everyday. Your approach, I think, is the best thing, no one needs to be made to feel bad about being overweight, what we need is guidance and knowledge about nutrition. You're gonna do great!

We almost have the same "birthday" lol I was banded Dec 13th. Good luck to you on your journey!

Thank you. I'm hoping I am. Its tough to know if we do anything right. Lol now the tough part is going to be trying to stop my family from treating my daughter the way they have treated me. Its alrady started. Booo

Thank you. I'm hoping I am. Its tough to know if we do anything right. Lol now the tough part is going to be trying to stop my family from treating my daughter the way they have treated me. Its alrady started. Booo

You're the Mommy so you have to defend and protect your child, break the cycle. People can just be so down right mean! I think with your positive attitude and new healthy lifestyle, she'll be just fine and so will you. =)

Thank you

Cam

Hi,

I was banded on 12/17/10. I've lost a total of 20 lbs. I had no pain except for the gas pain in my shoulders. I feel great and walk 1 1/2 miles 4 times a week. I have not had a fill, but I go back to the Dr. on the 1st of Feb. I hope he will then. Good luck to you

we all need encouragement!

I just wanted to let people know that responded to this before...I was able to buy a new outfit for my birthday and it felt great. I wasn't down as much as I would've liked but I still went down a few sizes so I was happy!