Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 1/4/10..couple questions

Hey everyone. I've been checking out these forums both pre and post op now and since I am a week and a day removed from my surgery, I have a few questions for people with more experience than I. I'd greatly appreciate any responses.

1. 8 days later, I'm on the full liquid portion of my diet but that really only has included Protein drinks with skim plus, creamed Soups and pudding in addition to water/broth. I sometimes drink way too much at a time but it does not seem to negatively impact me. No discomfort or feelings differently than before surgery. Is this normal?

2. All of the incisions sans the largest one where the band was put is are no longer bothersome at all. They've all scabbed over(including the one in question) but it is itchy and slightly embossed. I've washed every day with soap and Water. Also, I like to sleep on my stomach, which I obviously haven't been able to do since the surgery. I tried last night and it wasn't too bad except I felt slight discomfort where the band is. What do you think about the stomach sleeping? and of the discomfort around the incision?

I might have a few other questions later on. Drawing a blank right now. I know each person's experience is unique but there is obviously some similarities because we all had the same thing done. Any input for a newbie would be helpful.

Oh, I could also use some help on how to set up a 'signature' so to speak for my posts. I've posted on forums before and I am relatively savvy when it comes to this sort of thing but If anyone could suggest a website where I can get one of those trackers, that'd be cool. I don't really have any set goals just yet since I am in relatively good health other than being morbidly obese(LOL) but i'm sure in a couple weeks when I visit with the performing surgeon, I'll set some stuff I'd like to keep track of.

356 lbs at time of surgery. 5'10 25 year old male. My primary doctor told me that 'you wouldn't know you were so heavy based on your blood work results'. Story of my life.

Hey everyone. I've been checking out these forums both pre and post op now and since I am a week and a day removed from my surgery, I have a few questions for people with more experience than I. I'd greatly appreciate any responses.

1. 8 days later, I'm on the full liquid portion of my diet but that really only has included Protein drinks with skim plus, creamed Soups and pudding in addition to water/broth. I sometimes drink way too much at a time but it does not seem to negatively impact me. No discomfort or feelings differently than before surgery. Is this normal?

2. All of the incisions sans the largest one where the band was put is are no longer bothersome at all. They've all scabbed over(including the one in question) but it is itchy and slightly embossed. I've washed every day with soap and Water. Also, I like to sleep on my stomach, which I obviously haven't been able to do since the surgery. I tried last night and it wasn't too bad except I felt slight discomfort where the band is. What do you think about the stomach sleeping? and of the discomfort around the incision?

I might have a few other questions later on. Drawing a blank right now. I know each person's experience is unique but there is obviously some similarities because we all had the same thing done. Any input for a newbie would be helpful.

Oh, I could also use some help on how to set up a 'signature' so to speak for my posts. I've posted on forums before and I am relatively savvy when it comes to this sort of thing but If anyone could suggest a website where I can get one of those trackers, that'd be cool. I don't really have any set goals just yet since I am in relatively good health other than being morbidly obese(LOL) but i'm sure in a couple weeks when I visit with the performing surgeon, I'll set some stuff I'd like to keep track of.

356 lbs at time of surgery. 5'10 25 year old male. My primary doctor told me that 'you wouldn't know you were so heavy based on your blood work results'. Story of my life.

liquids shouldn't bother you but learn not to gulp because as you get fills this could cause some pain. Learn now and you will avoid that. I slept on my stomach around day 5 or 6 with now problems. As long as your scar area you are talking about isn't red and inflamed there should be no problem. You should be seeing your surgeon soon for follow up after surgery. If you do think there is a problem do not hesitate to call him. I'm not computer literate so someone else will have to help you about the rest of the things you are asking. Hope you have a fine journey as you have taken the most necessary first steps.

Hi there!

The liquids go right through the opening so it's normal to be able to drink a lot. I'm a stomach sleeper too, so I did that as soon as I could stand it. I didn't experience anything negative from doing it. Also, itching is a normal part or healing. as long as there's no excessive redness or discharge, you are most likely fine. But a doctor should see it if you have any concerns.

I actually just figured out this ticker thing myslef! So... go to tickerfactory.com. It will ask you to pick the ticker you want and enter your stats. At the end, you highlight copy the URL they give you and paste in into the signature section of "edit my profile". pretty easy :-)

Good luck!!