Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's Chat

I JUST KNEW IT, I HAD THAT GUT FEELING!

I am doing the happy dance for you!:clap2: I am so happy Beanie! This is the first chance I got to get here today, doing some typing jobs for the neighbor.(he and his wife are such sweethearts) Gosh, now I can uncross all my stuff huh? :) :cheer2: I can't tell you how happy I am for you! So, how long till you know the date?

I'll check back tomorrow, still have some more stuff to get done!

Hey everybody....I was off work today to take my son to be tested to ensure he didn't have any speech problems. He was born with two baby teeth and they had to be pulled when he was a week old. We just wanted to ensure his speech wasn't impaired. It wasn't and he is developing great! Made my daughter's day by going and having lunch with her at school today. Didn't get much alone time today, but had a good day today.

Congrats again, Rene.

:kiss2: Awwww, Beanie..... Thats Great!!

I told you we were gonna do this together :)

That mantra we started chanting must have worked. Keep pinching yourself..... it's a dream come true! Love ya honey :Banane34:

I Got the Job!!!!

:bounce: After school yesterday I had an interview. There was a panel of 4 women with some of the weirdest questions in the world. I blew it.... or least I think I did because I raced home to my girlfriends and dished for an hour. I went home at 4pm and the phone rings.... its personal offering me the position of SCHOOL NURSE at Hayden Elementary!

They are so desperate to get me in there they want me before orientation. Training will be this Friday which gives me a chance to say good-bye to my kids at Meairs School today..... and thats not going to be easy. Those little monsters have wiggled their way into my heart and I will be blubbering all over the place. So, say a little prayer for me, because thats gonna be super hard for me, but I know this position will be good for our family -- and me too. I pinched myself all night and I still can't believe it :whoo: whoo hoo!

PS: my niece is being induced later today, so we get a baby too! :biggrin1:

CONGRATULATIONS BEANIE & PATTY! :clap2: :clap2:

Wow! A lot can happen when you don't read LBT everyday... Beanie, I had a feeling you were going to be approved! I just couldn't be happier for you. I'm so proud of you for sticking with it and not taking no for an answer.

Patty, congrats on your new job!!!!! :rose: Don't worry - I'm sure the kids at your new school will love you just as much. I know how hard it can be to say goodbye, but great things lie in store for you. Isn't the dietician appointment frustrating? I told my dietician that I knew as much about food as she did. Then I clapped my hand over my mouth and felt really stupid, lol. I was trying to tell her that after years of reading about food, weight loss, dieting, etc I knew all there was to know, but it came out wrong. IMO, most heavy people know more about nutrition than skinny people. We just have a tougher time making healthy choices.

Any news on your interview Betty? Good things always happen in threes, right? :)

Sorry that I haven't posted - DD got sick a few days ago and it's been hectic around here. I took her to the urgent care yesterday because I thought it would be quicker than going to her regular doctor's office. BIG MISTAKE! It took us 3 1/2 hours... She has a bad ear infection and strep throat, so we started antibiotics. Poor little bug. So much for enjoying time away from DH, lol.

Cindy, how are those eyes doing? Pink eye is such a nuisance. Has your daughter managed to avoid catching it? Are you back to school yet? By the way, it's Anne with an "e" :Banane34:

Rene, that's great news about your son! How old is he? My son didn't say his first word until he turned 2 and now I can't get him to stop talking, lol. My DD is the same way, although we may have to do speech therapy for her because it's pretty unusual for a girl to be a late talker. She turned 2 in December and she only has 15-20 words. For now the Pediatrician wants to give it a couple of months to see if she progresses.

Sherry, good luck fighting that chocolate devil! I've been struggling with food the last few days so I feel your pain. I still haven't gotten a hang of the whole stress eating thing. The band keeps it in check, but there's no stopping Ben & Jerry's, LOL! Oh well, let's get back on track together!

Zan, I hope everything is okay with your Mom! Were the doctors able to give you any answers?

Eileen, hang in there! You've almost made it through your first week back to work. Just 49 more weeks to go before your next vacation (sorry, I couldn't resist! LOL) It'll be easier next week now that you're back in the swing of things!

I know I missed a few of you, but I hope you're all having a great day!

Congrats Patty on that job.

Anne: sorry to hear about your little one I hope she gets better soon. I just got my son over one...so I know what you are going through.

I hope everybody has a really great day...I am on cloud nine!! Wore a 16-18 top to work today!! whohooo!

Congratulations, Patty, on your new position! Goodbye's are hard, but you have go through them to get to the next place. Good luck!

Anne...hope your DD is doing a little better today...strep throat? That can be tough! So far, DD does not have pink eye. I am at work right now! yea.

Betty, it's your turn now...now that we have all our body parts back (from Beanie's "crossings"!) we can cross them for you!

It's fast and furious here...when I'm out a couple of days, their world doesn't rotate!

Later, Cindy

Congrats Beanie & Patty !!!! LOVE YOU !!

Sorry folks I'm having a really bad day at work.... been crying for the past 3 hours... Don't worry I'm okay... just to soft hearted.

I'll tell you all more tomorrow when I can focus better.

Beanie hit the lottery and take me with you.

(some people suck!)

Eileen, I'm sooooo sorry that I made the crack about your next vacation being far off... What bad timing!

I'm sorry you had such a bad day! (((((((HUGS)))))))

More good news...

My Surgeon's office called ME today - to let me know they got an approval letter from the insurance company!! Totally Kickin!

I have my pre-op consult on the 24th- after I get back from New York.

YEE HAW!!!

Thanks, you guys, for all the congrats and well wishes. I feel like a Rock Star! :]

Of course, we still have to see what the change of my insurance plan has done to me. I might have to jump through yet more hoops before all this is done - but at least Blue Cross didn't take 3 weeks to get the letter out. That's really what I was expecting.

Zan - how's your Mom? I hope she is feeling better. I will be staying at the Hilton Pearl River. Alas - this time I am sharing a car - so I won't be as mobile as I was last trip.

Cindy - yep, that's me in the Santa Hat - glad somebody caught that. :] How are your eyes doing? Still itchy? I hate pink-eye. I can't stand it when I am not supposed to scratch an itch!

Sherry-Baby - sorry you are down. I know that I always eat like a mad-woman when I am tired. I swear the body is compensating for exaustion by taking in more calories. Get some sleep and hopefully, it will start to get better, soon. *Do you have a long weekend coming up? I hope so.

Betty - Any word on that new job?

Keri - Glad to hear DH is not impaired. And surprises are always great for little girls. Enjoy that while it lasts. If you show up on her when she gets a little older - she will probably expire from embarrassment... lol! And WOW!! 16/18?!?! I haven't worn clothing that small since high school... and that was LONG ago. Congrats!!

Patty - I am trying for a Feb 3rd date... But I will find out more when I meet with my doc. Congrats on the new job - and the new baby!! (And my secret thing to do if I ever get to goal is to learn Latin dancing - like the Tango).

Lisa - Sorry you are having a hard time with the eating thing. I hate that hunger business. Big Hugs!!

Anne - hope DD feels better soon. I know I used to get strep on a regular basis... it is NO FUN.

Eileenie - if I win the lottery, I will hire you to be my personal assistant with a nice fat salary & benefits... you can schedule appointments for me. It will be mindless - and the travel will be good. (and of course, your boss will be the BEST!!) So sorry about the rough day. Some people really do suck. HUGS!!

Well, My Darlings... I must away. I have a hot date with a treadmill... and I must continue my battle against the Evil Eliptical. I am back up to 17 minutes.... Only two minutes short of my record. And don't forget!

I will be in my Orangeburg office next week. Saturday the 21st is Play Day. I will be done at the office on Friday evening - and my plane doesn't leave until Saturday afternoon at 3:54 - so I will be available for Fun after 9-ish and before 1:30. We can get together anywhere between Orangeburg and the Newark Airport. Can't wait!!

Hugs all around!

Irene

Aww Eileen I'm sorry your day wasn't a good one. I've been there...and I know what you mean about being soft hearted. Just remember it's not you that's wrong for being that way. Some people just don't get it. What is it that you do for work?

Rene...sounds like things are going fantastic. That would be so cool if we had the surgery on the same day. Thank you for the pep talk too.

Just another busy day at work but, I made better choices today :) Still had a Hershey's kiss but only one today and made myself SAVIOR it. Soon they will be completely gone with my staff eating them as well and NO MORE. Those were a gift so I had to choice but to leave them out there for peeps to eat.

Hope everyone else had a good day and you're having a good night now. Hugs to you all

Congratulations Beanie and Patty. Beanie, I knew 2006 was gonna be your year, looks like Patty's year too.

Eileen, I'm so sad that you're sad. When you feel up to it, come here and we'll give you lots of hugs :) !

How are the eyes Ms. Cindy? Much better I hope.

Hey everyone else!

:)Many thanks for your heartfelt thoughts, everybody. School went swimmingly and I hugged every child and told them to I'd come to visit often. When I left school I attempted to go for my employment physical and they told me all the Drs went to lunch(it was 12:30) and please come back at 1:45. Well, that put a kink in my plans so I decided to run errands before the kid pick-up hour arrived. After banking at my teachers credit union I asked to see a loan officer. I told her my WLS story and why I needed $500.00 -- a one night stay at hospital is $250., $100.00 for HMR shakes, a rental for a lounge chair 50. and liquid meds & Vitamins. Could I get a small personal loan. Her magic fingers danced the keys and she had me approved for $1,000. WOW that was amazing. I had victory again! It has been many many years when my DH & I couldn't be approved for anything and now on my own they are throwing money at me! I have come a long way BABY! I thanked her kindly.... and a Grand was a bit too much to play with, so we played with the numbers to make them smaller and she printed an approval letter. Soooo, when I get my surgery approval I can get my nest egg and really prepare for lapband-land :)

Eileen: I ache for you.... please come back and share with us.

Sherry: Is your surgery in February sometime? I'm aiming for 2/15 It would be wonderful if us 3 have the same month. Hey, did you know that they make hershey kisses sugar-free? They are tasty too!

Well, gotta make dinner and get ready for my first day of work -- yeah!