Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's Chat

Hey Keri!

Nice to see you, here. Please feel free to butt in any time!

Thanks, everyone, for the crossed fingers. I will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Walk-in? Translate - does this mean a 2nd interview? Or does it mean that you are now officially employed?

Edit - 6pm central time... Oh - and as of 5pm on the West Coast, I have heard nothing... When I called, they couldn't help me because I didn't get the same person I talked to this morning, and I don't have my letter with me that shows the case number here...

*sigh*

Hi Everyone,

Well I just got back from the gym! Yeah!!!

The weather is amazing here….it’s supposed be close to 60 again tomorrow!!

Dianne – what game on Sunday :confused: ??? I don’t think the Giants even showed up! I got so much grief in the office on Monday! Well I guess I have to get over it and find some other team to root for in the SB.

Cindy – pink eye! Eeeewww! I had it once and it was not fun!

To chime in on the celebrity thing… I’m just nosy so I always want to know how other people lose weight...but, I agree with that celebrities are not required to tell the world everything. I saw Star Jones on Good Morning America this week and she said she is not telling specifically how she lost the weight because she does not want to be a spokesperson for a specific weight loss plan. Okay .. I respect that but still want to know!!

Beanie – Fingers are crossed and the voodoo dolls are out for good news on your independent medical review!! What is the exact address of where you are staying in NJ? I’m sorry I forgot and can’t find the info on your previous post. Time to check Map Quest and NJ Transit again and figure out how to get there!

Not much going on with me…I spent the weekend with my nieces …I know I’ve said it before but it’s worth saying again… Mom’s with young children are amazing …I don’t know how all of you do it. I was exhausted after 3 days!!! It was so much fun! I love being the favorite aunt and playing with them non stop. There is nothing better than getting a million hugs “just because”!

Betty - My crossed fingers are working overtime for you for good news on the new job!

Well I think I smell my dinner burning so I better run…

Have a good night everyone!

Man oh man....10:45pm eastern time and I'm still wide awake and work on da brain. I worked so late, so many hours today wahhh wahhh wahhh hahahaha. Working Mental Health claims is making me crazy (the pun is intended heh heh) Anywho...glad to hear you're all doing well.

Rene....I've got my fingers cross, my toes crossed (ouchy) and a prayer in the works. Good luck my friend...I hope you hear good news.

Betty....I'm getting jealous...I need to have the PUSH to exercise...dang nabbit that bike is callin me. I have to start back up again tomorrow. I was doing well then.....I lost it. Geesh all it takes is one night of ...nah...I worked long hours I'm too tired. Then it repeats over and over. Back on the bike for me...heck surgery is less than 34 days and I'm suppose to do it for 30 days prior...better get peddlin :confused: Thanks for the inspiration!

Have sweet dreams everyone and a great day tomorrow.

Hugs

Sherry

GoodMorning,

Betty: I hope today's the day and you hear about that job - luck be with you.

Today is my day to have yet another interview. I have an appointment with one of my favorite district schools for school nurse -- the funny thing is you don't have to have medical training for this position and last October I passed all the written tests to get me in -- so here we go again!

Yesterday I went to my Dietician and it was the dumbest meeting I've ever been to. Jenny wanted to know what was the most weight lost in any diet that I've been on. What I typically eat and snack on and what activity would I do if weight wasn't an issue. Hmmmmm, I told her that I eat what my community center gives me and sometimes mac & cheese is all we got. As far as the wishes for running marathons, my desire when I am thin would be to learn to polynesian dance.... except I didn't really tell her that. The hula dancing is a childhood dream and only wanted to tell you guys. She then told me that certain Snacks might make me "dump" so that I needed to make careful choices. I immediately said " I didnt think lapbanders had dumping. Ohhhh, I thought you were getting RNY. She apologized and changed everything she was telling me! Guess reading my chart was a bit too difficult for SOMEONE who does this all day long. I better make darn sure that EVERYONE knows this is what I've chosen and maybe when they wheel me in I should ask to see the band -- if there isn't one on the tray then I can run out the door! Well, gotta get the little monkeys up for school -- thats me update.

Good Morning,

Boss man is playing in another building,

so where do you think I ran to?? here sillies :confused: shake my booty.

Patty, my appt with the dietitian was stupid too but you have to go thru the motions. The lady I met with had a fat ass... so I went hmmmmmmm. LOLOL

Its hump day gang. Lets go shopping or at least we can walk around the mall. Bowling even sounds good to me right now LOL. This bites the big one, I wanna go home, but I can't... somebody's gotta pay the cookie bills. Okay I'm getting silly here... back to work.

Whats happening with you all ?

HI, Keri! We have a good time writing to each other in here! So glad you found us! I am home today, because now I have pink eye in the OTHER eye! Oh, well. It's just another day at home...

Crossing everything for you, Beanie!

Betty, who is wearing tank tops and shorts???? Apparently, someone who would rather show off than be warm! Thank goodness we are smarter than that! Of course, I see girls wearing flip-flops when it's in the 30s...I just imagine they have no idea how to dress. Sometimes I ask them if their toes are cold, and they say, "yes..." with a bewildered look on their faces. Geez.

Eileen, work is fun! Right?

Ann, (do you have an 'e' or not?) having time of your own is just necessary, I think. ARen't you glad there is some already built in with his trips? I bet Keri would like that!

I'm just hanging out today. I'll check back later, Cindy

Oh, Cindy....:faint:

I'm so sorry to hear about you eyes. Couple days of R&R and you'll be all better. Feel better soon :hug:

HEY YOU GUYS!!!

The Center for Resolution of Health Disputes called me back, at last!!

GOOD NEWS!!!

They overturned the denial!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

I am SOOOO excited! I can't wait to get the letter in my hands and get back with my surgeon!

Thanks for all the finger-crossing, prayers and good thoughts! I could not have made it through this LONG process without your support!

Love you guys!!!

Sometimes our firewall and security settings change in our company and occasionally we get access to sites we normally can’t. Something told me to check today and lo and behold…. I have access at work!!! Shhhhh don’t tell anyone!!!

Good day for me to check in – the voodoo dolls worked!!!! CONGRATULATIONS RENEE!!!! I’m so excited for you! That is great news!!!

I’m heading down to my Mom’s tonight; she went to the emergency room again last night. I’m going with her to her doctor tomorrow morning to try to get some answers. So I probably won’t be able to check back in until Friday or Saturday…

Congratulations again Renee!:confused:

:clap2: CONGRATULATIONS, BEANIE!!!!!!!!!:clap2:

This is the best news so far this year! It might even be the absolute best news of 2006!:) OH, that's YOU dancing in your Santa hat!

Life is good. :high5:

Hugs and more hugs, Cindy:girl_hug:

:clap2: :dance: :)Yay Rene!

Congratulations on your good news! Good luck with the surgeon :Banane34:

Hmm as for me I have been fighting the guys on my shoulder...you know the :decision: devil & Angel. Beat myself up, then tell myself I'm getting banded for a reason. See a chocolate eat say I'm not gonna do it then the EVIL one comes out (go ahead you won't be able to after......one won't hurt) Go away go away lol. I know for me "one is too many and 12 isn't enough" so don't do it. Well I ended up eating two until I could get that red man off my shoulder. Gosh I can't wait to get the band!

I hope everyone else is doing better than I am right now. No clue what it is....although kinda have a hint all at the same time. I'm tired from working too much soooo my will power is NOT the same. Ohhh the shame of it all :think. Well tomorrow is another day to start anew :hungry: better choices and move my butt :rose:

Hugs folks ...sweet dreams to you all.