Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's Chat

OMG they ARE all the same hahaha. I thought it was just me and my life having to deal with the simplest things that could of been done that weren't. Nothing like seeing clothes on the floor in FRONT of the hamper. I even tried leaving the hamper open...nope didn't make it. I swear they must not see it! I love it when my DH or son say they've helped me clean when they might of vacuumed or washed the kitchen floor and that's it! They didn't see me take over an hour to clean two bathrooms alone. I even keep those Lysol wipes in the bathrooms for the "problem" usages. Nope they leave that for me too UGH. I'd go on strike but the only person it would bother would be me hahahaha. Oh well...life goes on and it could be worse!

Yes Eileen I just don't understand why the docs wait sometimes. Like you said...you would of avoided gaining weight had the fill been done when you asked. Seems to me that if we stayed the same or only lost a pound in a month that they would ask us if we're cheating or eating too much and if you told him you feel no restriction and you're having a hard time monitoring the food that he WOULD give you at least a small fill. Grrrrrr all that hard work to lose it and then to have some come back HAS GOT to be frustrating. Good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get that fill!

Laundry! Isn't it just the most unending, thankless task of all? Weirdly enough, it's the one housekeeping task that I kinda like...it's clean, I like the smell, and you can see how much you have accomplished! Don't throw shoes at me, but we do have someone come every other week to do the heavy cleaning...dusting, vacuuming, bathrooms, floors, etc. It's just something I don't like, and I don't want to spend my time off of work to do it. It is surprisingly affordable. So, I deal with the laundry...it would like really whiney if I complained too much about that.

Around here, all 3 of us are packrats, so having a House Beautiful home is not a reality. LOL! It's driving me nuts lately, and I've done my share of grousing...when all the storage areas are full of old crap, where do you put the new crap? (Is crap okay to say on the boards...if it isn't, just tell me!) Every chance I get, I'm sneaking something (of theirs!) to the trash, and burying it under something so they don't see it and sneak it out! Yes, they do that! LOL!

I am soooo looking forward to pictures from Zan, Eileen and Beanie!!!!

Eileen, you know, I say you just call the dr. and say, "I'm ready for my fill." Just like that. You are the customer. I don't know what size plates of food you are talking about, but I can eat quite a bit myself, with a total of .7cc in my band. It all depends on how slow I eat, and how well I chew...I've noticed that if I'm upset at all, I will get that golfball every time! The band makes you focus on your eating, that's for sure! Everything will work out.

Betty, you little party girl! Glad you had a good time!

Pat, here I am! I'm sitting here watching the 2nd football game, and hoping the Seahawks do better than the Broncos! I forgot to tell you yesterday that I use Bare Escentuals make-up, and have for almost two years. It is expensive, but it lasts a LONG time, and I buy it on Ebay sometimes for a little less than it costs elsewhere. I really like it, and it has helped my complexion. I've always had a pretty good complexion, but since the menopause thing, I get more break outs...isn't that a kick in the patootie? So, do tell...how did you like it? I bet you bought one of everything!

Sherry, I'm gonna check out your picture after I finish writing this...we held vigil for Beanie until she got her band approved, and we will do the same for you!

It is raining in North Texas, and it was actually nice to be outside in it. I am one of those reverse SAD people (seasonal affective disorder); I like bad weather...rain, snow, thunderstorms....they make me feel cozy.

About the journal...I am using it for my real journal stuff...I don't always talk about this stuff on the regular threads...so the journal doesn't have much to do with weight.

I've gone on too long, and still didn't address all of you! Please forgive, and I'll getcha next time!

Cindy

Just a quick note, then I'll be back later! The scale finally moved! I am down 2 more pounds this morning!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: That makes a total of 92! Gosh, I am doing the happy dance this morning! It seems like it has been forever since it moved at all! I can't get my ticker to change though, still working on it.

I just had to tell someone, DH already left for work! Be back shortly!

Good Morning,

YEAH BETTY!!! Congrats on the 2 lb loss :)

Oh is it wet, cold, rainy, snowy, slushy out...Beanie be glad your home. Ya gonna post any of those pictures from Saturday? I know folks are dying to see Zan :thankyou:

Nothing much is new to report, sosdd.

I slept like crap... went to bed around 1 pm b/c my brain was on overdrive. I just kept thinking and thinking and thinking... uhhhh. Hate those nights. So I got about 3 1/2 hours of sleep...then I had to drive here in this crapy weather..... other than that....things are good HAAAAAAAAA!!!! rant over.

Yesterday I took DD to see Hoodwinked. Its more for adults and very cute. DH laughed more than DD. The characters had NY accents and the grandma in the movie was very funny...she was a hip granny....of for those of you who don't know what its about..... The movie takes place after little red riding hood visits her grandmother and the wolf is in the bed and g'ma is tied up in the closet.... thats all I'll say.

How are you today ?

Morning all,

Betty you are amazing! I could never imagine a 92lb weight loss, you could do a Gene Kelly dance on the ceiling. Which reminds me, I haven't heard from my clinic in over a week and need to call them today to see where I am in the approval stage. I've been so caught up with the new job I kind of put it on the back burner. Yesterday I was at the Pharmacy and they had a do it yourself blood pressure machine, so I stuck my arm in it and it told me that I was normal. What a relief. So, my to do list today is to #1 Call the clinic

#2 Call my kids tutor

#3 waiting on HR for a BP retest

Ohhhh, kids are up, gotta go!

:clap2: :clap2: CONGRATULATIONS BETTY:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

You're the bomb girl. Lets see the way I figure it, you were banded two months before me, so I only have about 40 lbs to lose in the next two months to catch up, LMAO, ROFLMAO, INSAINLY LOL.:clap2: :clap2:

Patty, I love Gene Kelly, Fred too !!! I met Gene's brother years ago at his dance studio here in NJ. Nice nice man he was. Good luck with your things to do today :) I need to win the lottery... better go play huh.

Pat, you keep laughing like that and you WILL lose 40 lbs in 2 months... :thankyou:

:thankyou:

Way to go, Betty!!!!!!!!!!

That is soooo awesome, 92 lbs!!!!!!!

Pat, I think I can hear the maniacal laughter all the way in Texas! Laughter IS the best medicine, so keep it up! I don't think I'm gonna make that amount, at this rate. I haven't seen my scales do anything but mmove up one pound - down one pound- up one pound....but, like you told us, my clothes are getting loser, and I can wear some pants I hadn't been able to wear a few weeks ago, so something is changing!

Eileen, what's up with the sleep? Same thing going on here. It's been going on for the last 3 nights or so...I try to use all my relaxation techniques, but they are not working right now. Let's have nice warm cup of tea tonight before bed...herbal, of course...and see if that helps. Maybe a warm bath?

It's already the end of the day, and I'm just posting....it's been so busy today! Problem du jour: a good way to tell my sis that my DH and her DH can't really be around each other, due to her DH's hard drinking. It seems simple enough, but we also have to tell her that he absolutely cannot drive a car that my DD is riding in. It is tough, but it would be tougher if something happened. Thought I'd throw it out there if anyone wants to bite.

Guess what? Another meeting to go to...I bet if we had time to DO the things we MEET about, we wouldn't need meetings!

Love you guys, Cindy

Good evening everyone. Sorry for the extended absence.

For those of you that are sick and tired of my whining about life insurance, please scroll down to the next post.

For those that have have not been following my plight, the situation is that since having the band, I have been trying to buy life insurance. I can't get anyone to give me a policy. Most will not even send me an application once they hear anything about the band. The reason is solely because I had the band done and they feel that bariatric surgery is too risky. The status of my health now has nothing to do with anything. I should have gotten the policy while I was morbidly obese, had two co-morbidities and taking a hand full of medications every day. It would not have been a problem then. ANYWAY...

Today I was told by a broker AND I QUOTE: "look, I represent 15 different companies, and I can tell you that none of them will entertain the idea of giving you a policy until at least 1 year after the surgery." Further he said: Even if after a year and I have no complications, and I am 100% healthy as humanly possible, I will NEVER qualify for a preferred rate. The best I could hope for is standard rate.

This life insurance thing has been my biggest challenge since getting the band. I can't help but feel like I have let my family down and they are not being protected the way they should if I die in an accident or something.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Ivan, sorry you are going through such trials and tribulations with the insurance industry. Still, I don't think you have let down your family. You have taken control of a big health issue that would have surely lead to some serious consequences. A year after your surgery, you can get life insurance, not at the cheapest rate, but you can get it. I have life insurance, and wanted to upgrade the amount (this was about 3 years ago) and was denied due to being so much overweight. I remember they specifically said I had to weigh no more than 230 to qualify to raise my coverage. So, I still haven't been able to increase my coverage. Isn't it weird that you can drink like a fish, engage in all kinds of risky behavior, but since you can't document it or measure it, you can get all the life insurance you want? But have lapband surgery, and whoa! No way. It doesn't make sense. You HAVE taken care of your family by taking care of yourself. It will all work out for you. Cindy

Hey Guys, I am alive and well - but no time right now to give you any details.

lunch on Saturday was FAB-U-LOUS and I loved meeting Zan and seeing Eileen again. And that DD was ADORABLE.

I will get the pics posted and fill you in on all the dirt asap.

Hugs to all!!

Irene

Good Morning,

Ira, hang in there!! something good will come, you'll see (skinny :girl_hug: )

Cindy, I have no clue about the restless night. I was better last night. It comes and goes for me... now whats shakin with you? something bothering you?

Beanie babe...... Please tell us how your Doctor's visit went today...we're all waiting :girl_hug:

I'm so lucky, today I get to sit in a meeting from 11:30 am to 4:00 pm... yeah, I'm jumping for joy dontcha know :faint:

So my friends, with that..... Have a wonderful day :)

Good Morning,

:notagree I am a bit sleepy this morning.... I think it's the stress cold that I have. I'm in the coughing stage and I want it to go away. At work I met the real registered nurse, she comes in once a week and her name is Katie. She totally encouraged me to listen to my insticts when kids come into my office and what to do. Over half of the little monsters are what I call "frequent flyers" they come in just to leave class. Ya give them the once over, take a temp and send them back.... no coddling. Today I get to meet our floating substitute, Susan. Shes going to teach me files today but she is also the one who would step in when I have surgery....Shes my VIP and I need to make friends. So, before my little monsters get up I'm gonna make a lunch pail. Bye,

Good morning,

I haven't had time to check all the posts, but wanted to say hi.

My plan for the day is to make healthy food choices. Already did 80 crunches and more to go later today.

Thursday I go for my fluo so hopefully we will find out if I have a leak or not. I am thinking I do, but I also think I'm thinking to much.

Bye for now, di