Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's Chat

LOL you guys crack me up! I love this site.

I'm home alone everyone out. First time in my LIFE I'm watching a football game by myself! I only started liking FB 2 yrs ago. I don't know if any of you ever heard of Hope Stout, she was a young girl that lived near us. She was diagnosed with cancer and when the Make a Wish foundation came to her and aske her what her wish was, her wish was for all the other children to get thier wishes...There were quite a few of the Panthers who help Hope achieve her wish. Hope died 2 yrs ago. But her legacy continues and still many of the Panther player help to make it continue. So that is really the start of me realizing that a lot of these mocho guys have a huge heart and a very strong faith.

So I'm off to watch the game now alone with my Water bottle.:clap2:

ttyl, di

You all are so silly.

Keri..... I'm watching your stats and girl, when you hit 199 Your gonna hear me screaming all the way from jersey. I'm so excited for you. I have 32 lbs to go b/4 hitting that mark but dang gum it, I'm gonna do it.

Dianne thats so sweet and sad. Enjoy your game :confused:

Betty, I've invested 8 years into that company and I'd hate to just say Yuck Fou to him, so I'm biding my time and hoping something else comes up in the same company... its HUGE so somethings gotta turn up. I'm not gonna let that dumb scum get to me. He had me one day, that it !!!

Patty, small ass HAAAAAAAA !!!! smaller than a hippo yes thats about it lol.

Pat, you know I was thinking... there's so much crap in my drawers that you wouldn't see the pretty liners :) lolol.

Okay kids, I'm getting on that dreadmill now... so I'll catch you all tomorrow.

Love you !!

Hey everyone....it's 6:16pm and BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR it's freezin here. The wind chill made it 3 below and boy is the wind terrible!

Eileen/NJ - I didn't do my bike yesterday bad bad, but I did walk alot today and lots of stairs to the point where my heals and lower back are aching. Yet another reason why this chick can't wait to be banded and lose weight. I'm tired of the aches and pains and being only 41 UGH. We had gone to the Boat Show in Providence, RI today. We already own a 18.5 foot Trophy but, sometimes you can get great deals on fishing gear. Lord knows! I'm going to be eating a lot more fish this summer heh heh. 8 years with a company is tough to put past you. I'm sure something will come your way :)

Pat/Nana - I've never heard of using cloth to line drawers with. That must really be alot of work. Do you have to sew the cloth? Do you sew?

Betty/harley - Congrats on the work. My DH is a computer tech and has his own business fixing computers, setting up networks etc. I know how tough it can get when you're not working. He has great weeks then other weeks when no one breaks their computer so no money is coming in...not easy. You have alot of experience under your belt though so something permanent should come around for you soon :confused: One door never closes without another opening! I was laid off from my job of 16 years and 3 months later found a similar job making more money. I guess I needed that push out the door to get me looking :)

Patty/Dutch - Sorry to hear it's cold there but have you checked out the weather in New England. YIKES we're freezin here. Congratulations on your new job and Good luck with the kiddies :success1:

Keri/Banded - Sweets are definately a struggle. Why can't veggies taste like chocolate cake? Have you tried to make home made brownies and substituting the sugar with splenda and the oil with applesauce? I've done that before. They are a bit spongier but definately help with the chocolate cravings. Hmmmm wonder if we could add some scoops of Protein Powder to make some of the guilt go away and add more nutrition to it? hmmm that's a thought!

Dianne/Sunsett - My DH loves football so I've been sitting and watching some of it. I'm learning but, not completely understanding the game yet. I hear there is a Football College out there women can attend I wish it were around here :waytogo: Would love to yell out what kind of call it was before my DH did to surprise him lol.

Well that's it for now folks! Hope everyone is having a great day...evening

Hugs

Sherry

Pat...no, the picture turns itself into letters and numbers, and is a huge file...so huge, I can't even send it to you to show you what it looks like. I have no idea why it does that. Does anyone here know?

Betty, you got the Colts, but not DA BEARS. I like them, too; but have usually liked the Panthers, and now that I hear the sweet story about Hope House (sorry....can't go back to that page without losing my writing) I like them even more. I watched all 4 games! I grew up with football...by dad played hs and college ball, and DH played hs and college ball, and did training camp with the Seahawks, then coached hs ball for a while (until DD was about 2). I can't remember if I've told ya'll that before. Sorry if I did. So, I enjoy the game. DD would make a good offensive lineman, just like her daddy!

Laptops get hot after a few hours!

I am proud of all of you who are exercising and eating right. I'm having a hard time pulling out of the holiday eating habits. ESPECIALLY when I am at home. At school, it's much easier!

When DD and I went shopping, she was 'helping' me look for clothes, and she was asking if I wore 3X (I used to!), and I said no. Then she asks if I wear 2Xs, and I said let me see it. It looked so big! So, at Dress Barn, I wear a 1X....a 1X! I had already bought a couple of XLs before, so hey! I'm shrinking even if the scales aren't moving. Pat, your idea of muscle vs. fat is interesting, and I'd think it might be true, except I'm not exercising, so don't know how the muscle is getting in there! LOL

I imagine I'll consider another fill (a teensy one) in March, during spring break. I don't have many days left that I can take off for that. It is getting late, and even DD is hinting around that it's bed time, so I'm gonna go and I'll see ya tomorrow!

Good Morning!

I am going to check in before I get to my work this morning.

Cindy - Both my teams lost!B) I used to watch football all the time, then it seemed like they traded so much that I couldn't keep up with all the names and who played for who anymore, and it kinda made it bad for me. I am more into the NBA now. But, I do like to watch the playoffs now. Cindy I am like you, since the holidays I just can't seem to get myself straight again. I am starting again today!:clap2: I find when I am at a standstill I lose inches too, that is if I am eating right!

Dianne - that story touched my heart too!

Pat - I'll bet you are getting in your exercise helping with that move!

Sherry - Thanks! I needed to hear that right now.

Good morning to all the rest of you, going to go check a few threads and then hit the work!

Good Morning,

I thought I'd check in too while "the door" is closed and "he" can't see me HAAAAA!!! Pffffffft !

Nothing much is happening today, but it is very very cold. 17 degrees today and tomorrow 40 - 50 ??? WTF ??? Old man winter can't make up his mind (typical male LOLOL B) ).

Soup time !!!! The local grocery store had my $3.00 soup on sale for $1.49... can you say clean the shelf off ? yep. So I'm having my butternut squash soup for breakfast... oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah LOL. I think I bought 12 boxes (it comes in boxes not cans).

I'm bored....anyone wanna go shopping? I don't have $$ but we can window shop and talk about the crazy people we see :)

Good Morning All,

Patty, No, I don't have a ranch, LOL, I was teasing Texas Cindy and referred to my home as a Virginia "ranch". When we need extensive yard work done, we have some of the laborers come here and do it, so when they turn in their time, they say they worked on the ranch. It's six acres, so here in my little county it's like a ranch.

Sherry, I was putting shelf paper/plastic down at my sons new home, in the kitchen and bathroom cabinets and drawers. So, when Elaine replied, she did a play on the workd "drawers", and told me I could line hers, so that's where the fabric idea came from, I think that's how it went. Anyway, if you refer back a couple of pages, you'll see where it was a joke. Sorry for the confusion, and NO, I don't sew or cook, but I do a pretty good job of lining drawers, LMAO.

Had the 2yr old spend the night last night so mom and dad could break in the new house, hehehe.

Cindy, you've got a crazy computer system. The program I used to forward the first time was Picasa and then I used Photo Explosion, but I think I already told you that in your email, (CRS again).

Good morning everybody! I'm just sitting down with my Zone bar... I think I like these. Not quite as "bricky" as some others that I've tried. Thanks for the recommendation Cindy. B)

I had a really nice weekend. DD was feeling better and DH was home from his business trip, so yesterday was very relaxing. We hung out at home in the morning and then took a drive out to some property that we're thinking of buying. Speaking of property - Pat, your home is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing a pic with us. Very cool to see it from the air too.

I think it's official - I'm on a plateau. I stuck to about 1000 calories yesterday and did an hour workout and my weight was the same this morning. It's been going that way for a few weeks now... and it stinks, lol! I know I just need to stick with it, but I get down when that scale doesn't move. I guess that's pretty normal, eh?

This week is a busy one... I'm having the MIL over for dinner tonight. She lives alone so I try to get her over here as much as I can. The stew is already in the crock pot. Is there any greater feeling than having dinner taken care of at 10am? I wish I'd make myself use that thing more... Anyone have any good crock pot recipes? :)

Elaine, good luck finding a new job in your company! I don't blame you for not leaving after 8 years. There can be a lot of benefits with seniority. Does your company make it easy to find open job postings?

Keri, you are doing so great with your weight loss. 6 miles on your bike is awesome. I think I'd be limping with a sore booty for weeks if I tried that, lol. I gave in to the chocolate demon yesterday too... Those hershey's kisses with caramel were created by a sadist. My sister warned me not to try those, but would I listen?

Sherry, I hope the weather warmed up a little for you. I can handle the cold, but when the wind chill dips below zero it's a little tough to take. I like your idea about switching the oil for applesauce when baking but I'd have to be pretty desperate to eat a cake made with Splenda. :) Eww! I don't know why, but I've always had trouble eating artificial sweeteners. That's probably why I got fat. You know, that and the bingeing, lol.

I hope everybody is having a good day. Beanie, enjoy your extra day off! Does anybody else get a holiday today? HUGS to everyone.

Good morning, my best band buddies! I've said this before, but I'm a little jealous of your cool weather! It is muggy and way too warm for my taste (for January anyway!) Hopefully, we wil get some rain...the fires have been so destructive.

Pat, thank you for posting the pictures of your ranch. It is definitely a beautiful place...I think DH would LOVE it! Lots of room for gardening. I would love the dock, myself! I love being able to picture where you are in the house, and now you need to post a picture of your hogs. It's a beautiful place, Pat! You must be so proud of it.

My DD is on the phone with her friend, talking about bowling with her friend and her friend's dad. Of course, that means I have to drive her down to Denton...

Betty, oops! I wanted the Colts, too, but somehow goofed up the final score..I think it's called DENIAL. LOL!

Gotta run for now...Eileen, I do my window shopping on the computer! LOL!

Cindy

Hey all, I got up bright and early and went out for Breakfast with DH. It was nice and quiet I guess most people didn't have the day off or they stayed home because it's just too DANG cold. My car didn't like starting this morning lol. After breakfast we went to Walmart to try to find me one of those personal type blenders but, no luck. Oster has one that is a regular blender and it has cups that you can put on the blender with travel covers but none on the shelves of course. UGH. Fortunately we were there early enough that there was actually food on the shelves to buy lol. I swear sometimes I go in there and I end up with 1/2 the groceries I need because so many people shop there around here. I was able to get my waters, light stringcheese and lowfat cottage cheese. All of which helps keep me out of trouble :) Got home, put that all away, cleaned my kitchen and FINALLY took the ornaments off the tree. DH has to take the tree down and get it in the attic than I'll have my kitchen dining room back B)

Betty - You're very welcome and I truly do believe good luck is coming your way. I just feel the karma and I can't explain why.

Cindy - I'm with you...being at work makes making the right choices much easier. Although there is always junk available I just keep myself busy and take whats in my lunch bag to eat when I'm hungry. I find packing some lite string cheese, individual lowfat cottage cheese or sf Jello helps. The Protein keeps me fuller faster so I tend to eat that as an afternoon 3pmish snack so I'm not starving when I come home and make dinner.

Eileen - I never heard of butternut squash Soup but that sounds sooo good. What brand is it? What are the nutrional values? You have me curious now. You know what......this is one gal that hates shopping. Yeap, I'd rather shop on line than go to the mall. I find them soooo hot and crowded here. Usually if I go I go into a specific store and get out. I don't mind our family's traditional day after Thanksgiving shopping at the outlets because we're in and out of stores and they are all in the open air..no inside halls. So if I get too hot I just pop out of the store. Oh ....can you tell I HATE winter jackets too hahaha. Can't stand the BULK of em. Since most of the time I'm going from the car into work or the house or right into the store I don't wear one. People are always giving me heck but you know (knock on wood) I rarely catch a cold. :)

Pat - Can you say DUH SHERRY hahahaha Man, did I really lose the punch line on the "drawers" thing. I seriously thought it was something new to do when lining them hahaha. I've only seen the vinyl time liner on rolls thats what I use. But, heck if someone had a new idea I'd love to learn lol. You're home is beautiful!!!! My DH would love the doc for sure. He loves to fish.

Anwyn - Sorry to hear about your plateau. Man they are terrible and I know I'm going to run into that as well. Keep up what you're doing and it's sure to break! I hear Green Tea helps too. Have you tried it?

Hugs

Sherry

Morning,

Cold & Windy here....I can hardly move my mouse.

I have the day off and the kids are still with their dad. I'm gonna head out to try and get my employment physical done which completes my personel packette for work. Do you think they will weigh me?

Pat: you own a small country.... lol and it is beautiful (can I come visit?) I live in a 2 bedroom mobile home w/ 4 children -- we are shall we say COZY.

Eileen: you have been talking about that Soup since surgery, is it really that good? I've never tried squash soup.... I'm curious now! Ohhh, shopping, I'd love to go.... me have no money either :kiss2:

Sherry: your shopping trip to Walmart sounds like you're "nesting", keep looking for that blender, the right one will come along soon.

Anne: I agree, Zone bars are the best, and I think I will be buying them by the case. Keep up the good work!

Hey, gotta scoot,

OH I have great news! I brought a thing of fancy string cheese with caraway seeds in them and I finially opened it because someone, I can't remember who mentioned the word string cheese!!! Thats all it takes these days! Well it tastes HORRIBLE! I'm so excited......

I know I'm nuts, hope you all are having a nice day.

Rut Ro it was me that mentioned string cheese but, EWWWW don't think I'd like caraway seeds in it lol. I buy the Sargento Light string cheese...it's good and I actually make a project out of eating it. I know weird but it works for me and slows me down lol. I take about 1/5th of a piece then pull that in half and eat it. I've been practicing my slower eating this way. Then I feel the string on my tongue before I take a bite then chew. Weird to some but it's slowing me down lol I'm getting more Protein and Calcium in and it keeps me from getting hungry B)

OK - I have dragged myself out of the vegetative state that I enjoy on weekends long enough to stop by and say howdy!!!!! I must crow a little bit - because we did go out to the gym yesterday, and we are going again as soon as I am done here.

I am doing laundry and packing for my fab trip to NY. It would be ALL good except that my flight leaves at 6:30am!! ICK. I have to leave the house at 4-4:30 to make my flight. (Did I say ICK?!?)

I am also somewhat excited because I am almost back to the same stamina level I had before I took a month & a half off exercising... I am back up to 16 minutes on the Evil Eliptical - and remember, I stop when my heart rate reaches 10 beats over the recommended cardio rate - So that extra minute really means it takes that much longer for my heart-rate to go too high. YAY!! Breathing is good.

I think I am also going to start tracking my crunches... We have these evil crunch machines at the gym. You sit on the seat, wrap your feet behind these little bar-thingies, grab the handles over your head, and then LIFT YOUR OWN BODY WEIGHT using your abdominal muscles. I can do about 10 - with space in between. (The first time I tried, I could only do 2) I tell you - THAT feels like accomplishment. And it really helps my back. I get practically crippled if I don't do some sort of crunches.

I am so excited about the whole pre-op consult that I can hardly wait for the next week to pass. Only a week from tomorrow!! Woo Hoo!!! I have no scale, so I have no idea how much I weigh - but it surely would be cool if I had lost another pound or two since my last visit!! I have been working at it a little bit, after all...

Cindy - you hip hop queen! Congrats on the 1x size! Now get off your butt and exercise some more... Keep on Dancing! Get back on the band-wagon chickie!! I have a big ol' size 9 that is waiting to connect to soft posterior tissue... Don't make me come up there!!

Sherry - I like the brownie idea - but I am not sure if Protein powder can be cooked - and still do what protein is supposed to do. I saw on some website that you should never get your protein powder more than "coffee pot hot". And, if you can find one of those Oster blender cups - go for it. I love mine. Although, the "travel" lid is NOT water-tight. If I have to go anywhere, I just leave the blade thingie on until I get where I am going to drink it. I don't ever try to drink & drive - unless it has a straw.

Paula - Great to see you here!! Stop by any time to chat...

Patty - you get your own bathroom AND a parking space? How cool is that?!? I am totally jealous! And yes, I have done all that pre-op stuff a long time ago. I think that they MEDICALLY cleared me for the surgery in September. It's just all the insurance garbage that has kept me from having it... So now, all I need is update bloodwork and a surgery date!

Betty - we missed you! Hope you aren't working too hard. I am still keeping fingers crossed for job opportunities.

Pat - what a beautiful home! Perhaps you should call it an estate? Does it have a name? Around these parts, people tend to name their spreads... especially big pretty ones, like yours. How about Thinwood?

Keri - SIX miles?? And here I thought I was doing well with three on the stationary bike... DANG! Personally, I think you should get points for chasing after the kids... Well, so the cat nanny job is out... Hmmm. I will have to think and think. I have always planned on minimal staff after I win the big lottery - but one can never have too many cool friends around. I will have to think of something good.

Eileen - you are such a flirt!! Inviting folks to line your drawers!! But I am glad you are feeling a little better. Dang that stinky supervisor!! He needs a good swift kick right to (well - choose your target!!) And DH bought some of that squash Soup for us to try. I will let you know how we like it.

Dianne - how did the game go for your? Congrats on the cheese thing. I have a hard time with Cheese - I love that stuff more than chocolate. If I had to choose between never eating chocolate again, or never eating cheese, the chocolate would be so outta here...

Anne - Are you thinking of moving? Or is the property for something else? Just curious... Glad to hear DD is better. And THANKS - somehow I had managed to miss the fact that there are now Kisses with caramel... I can avoid the chocolate on it's own - but chocolate and caramel together?!? I had better go have a piece of cheese... I hope the plateau breaks, soon.

I hope all our friends that haven't check in for a bit are doing well.

I know Ira is still alive... he sent me a PM. Hi Ira!!

Big Hugs for Everybody!!! Gotta go to the gym~

Irene