Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's Chat

Good morning, everyone! How 'bout I do the 20 minute hip-hop dance cardio thing? My DH is up in Kansas hunting, so DD and I are hanging out this weekend. That salsa part kicked our patooties last weekend....are we supposed to be getting exercise every week or every DAY? LOL! I want to say a special welcome to the "girl from Nevada," beautifulTina...can we call you Tina? This is the best chat thread...you NJ girls are magnets for the fun people! Eileen, our "lost" friends are probably not sitting in front of the computer like we are! They are probably doing stuff! LOL! The way I look at it, it's hard to eat AND type, so I'm probably better off typing!

Lazy day planned here...if we get antsy, we might go shopping or something. Maybe get our hair cut....I'm just going to se what mood DD is in...sometimes she can spread all the Polly Pockets out on the floor and live in imaginary Polly world for hours!

Check with ya later, Cindy

oops, I posted this on the other January thread...

B U T -

Im just popping in to ask where in the world is Betty???

Good Morning Ladies,

Dianne: Your good thoughts on my first day of worked.... but boy was I bushed when I got home! Brain Dead :nervous Here's what I saw, 2 throw-ups, 5 stomachaches, 1 jammed thumb, 4 respiratory kids and gave 1 meds! Not bad for a Friday. Most of the day I felt... well sorta surreal because when I started the week, I never imagined that by weeks end that I would have a "real" job. I'm a bit calmer this morning and am super glad that the boys are on visitation. It gives me a chance to process all thats just happened. I giggle everytime I say that I have an office with a restroom of my own and get this.... a private parking space with "nurse" printed on it! :clap2: So this weekend I'm gonna continue unpacking from going to my Moms house -- need to do laundry so that I have work clothes. General housekeeping and thought I'd take myself to the movies as a treat.

Rene: My date for surgery has not been set. My ticker is my wishful surgery date and I use the word "vacation" so that when the kids sneak up behind me and read that they don't get upset. I won't be telling them or the Ex. Jumping thru the hoops are: Seminar, dietitcian, surgeon meeting, psych eval. I have done the Seminar & Dietitcian and I need a referral to meet the surgeon -- then they will give me the date. I believe the psych evaluation is included on what they call the all day visit pre-op then surgery. Have you done all this stuff? I am hoping for Feb 13 or 15 and now with the new job that puts a tiny wrinkle in the plan... emphasis on the word tiny. So, thats my life in a nutshell.

Wishes to all my girlfriends :kiss2: have a great weekend,

Hi y'all!

Sorry I have been MIA, but I am doing some contract work for the neighbor's company and I have to stick with it. I have sat in front of this computer for hours just working, but I need the work and I am so grateful for getting this job. It only lasts for a few months, so I want to get in as much as I can while I have the chance. You know, make hay while the sun shines.:rofl: :rolleyes:

I haven't heard anything from the other jobs yet, hopefully next week.

I haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts, but I will try to get to them later today or tomorrow. I want to stick with this job as much as I can.

I feel like I am missing out on everything right now!:cry But, I will be able to catch up with it all later.

I am addicted to this site and I am having withdrawals!:D

:think don't stay away too long Betty, we miss you when you don't check in every day.

DS and DNL are moving into new home today, I took charge of lining the shelves and drawers, an all day project.

Boy the weather here is nasty, temp dropped from 68 yesterday to 42 now, plus 39 mph winds, and they're calling for snow tonight, crazy, crazy, weather.

Hello to all, will check back later..

Hey Betty,

I've been meaning to tell you that I too miss your daily check-ins -- Please hurry back.

I just got back from a trip to the GoodWill store. My girlfriend bought a recliner loveseat for $10. and I bought an Ivory gown for $8. and it's waaaaay to small for me, but it was simply much too pretty to pass up.... and by next year I'll be wearing it Right? We have rain here in Southern California but that was early this morning, now it's just cool. We should have had this during Christmas -- did someone forget to tell the weatherman? Hope you all are having a pleasant Saturday,

Hey ladies!!! Sorry I haven't posted to chat today...I been doing hit and run lookees on the pc...in between chasing the kids, doing laundry...riding 6 miles on my bike that afternoon...whoohooo!

Bene- No thanks on the cat babysitter...I have 3 of my own...lol..I get walked on, layed on and stared at enough...thank you very much...lol. :-)

Eileen- glad you are feeling better!

Sherry- Congrats on not eating those kisses...I am now going to have to work on staying off the poppycock, just the nuts...dang it...just because it is a good deal doesn't mean I have to take advantage of it!

Dutch...congrats on making it through the first day with those kiddies.

Pat....what I wouldn't give for some snow here in Texas...if we don't get some cold weather soon the bugs will overtake us this summer.

Tina...welcome to the best chatthread!

Mouse...how are you doing today??? Cross your fingers we get that rain tomorrow...you know any raindances???

Betty...don't work too hard and you have to take a break sometime...we will be here when you can. :-)

If I missed anybody....I am sorry and will make it up next time....gosh time to get dinner ready.

Hi everybody! I'm having a great time watching NFL playoffs (sorry, Cowboys!) and the Seahawks won...yea! Can't like the Redskins if you're a Cowboy fan. Now, Denver is playing NEW ENGLAND...please forgive me, but I have to pull for Denver, since they are the underdogs. I bet ya'll are not rooting for the same teams I am! LOL! Went shopping instead of exercising, and ate candy, too! Not the best lapband day, but it was a fun day. My nephew came by and I helped him write some applications for overseas study. He wants to go to Costa Rica and improve his Spanish. Other than that, just totally goofing off in between loads of laundry. DD is in her room, our Valentine's craft is drying (the glue anyway), and that's about it. Betty, it's good to hear from you! I'll see the rest of you tomorrow. g'night, Cindy

Keri,

Running after all those kids.... I bet you dropped a dress size. Thanks for the encouragement. Can you tell I really really want my band. See Ya,

Good Morning and BURRRRRR is it cold out lol.

Patty, congrats on the new job, I don't think I said anything UHHH!! I'm such an ass. I can't wait to hear that you got a date for LB. I know your excited. I hope your wearing that little dress soon too. take pictures :)

Cindy, sounds like you had a great day. Unexpected "goofing off" lol is the best. candy? .... well I had a battle with a few candy bars last night myself and they won. Oh well, back to the grind today. Hope your team wins, I like voting for the underdog too. Unless its a NY team (NJ doesn't have any, I think lol). can you tell I don't watch sports LOL.

Tina, its good to see you here. WELCOME !!!!! and HUGS !!!!! Whats happening in your world today?

Keri, 6 miles on your bike WHOLEY SMOKES !!! your hot woman, hot hot hot. I'm very impressed and congratualtions, keep up the good work. Wish you would rub off on me...so you see now your stuck, you have to stay here to keep telling me how good your doing with exercise :confused:

Pat thats exciting that your DS is moving into a new home. Is it near you? I'd love for you to come and line my drawers (LOLOL, that sounds kinda personal doesn't it ROFLMFAO!!). Its cold here too, and very windy, garbage cans are all over the place, and I'm wondering just how long my flag is going to last outside lol.

Anne, whats happening. How's the little one today? Are you feeling better and how's the dieting going?

Lisa, how about you girlie.... how are you making out with eating, is it getting better?

Betty its good to see you. I feel the same way since I went back to work, I feel like I'm missing out on all of you and it really bothers me that I can't be a part until the weekends. Kinda like a weekend mom LOLOL !!!! I hope something comes along for you soon. Hugs !!!

Sherry, did you make it yesterday exercising? how did you do?

Paula..... I'm so glad to see you. How's every little thing by you?

Beanie beanie bo beanie fe fi fo meanie beanie !! whats up? What are you doing this weekend? When is your visit to the surgeon so you can get a date? Sorry if I missed it.

Well I gotta get my ass in gear and get to the grocery store to fight off the ninnies there. Then finish laundry and actually put it away !!!

Dianne, how are you feeling?

Zan, how's your mom feeling?

How about you all ?

Good Morning!

I ditto everything Eileen said, right down to the BRRRRR cold! (with the exception of doing laundry and going to the grocery store)

Thanks for saving me all that typing Eileen, I'll just follow you from now on, great minds think alike.

Hugs, everybody snuggle and stay warm.

More unpacking at my sons house today, (he lives about 4 miles away).

Eileen, you pick the fabric or "material" you want your drawers lined with and I'll try to help you out, :cry.

PS

Cindy, did you ever get the picture of my Virginia ranch???????

Good morning!

I have read though some of the last days, gosh you miss so much when you aren't here!:help:

Eileen - Hey girl some bosses are just plain idiots! I when though the same thing with one years ago, I just walked out and it hurt them really bad! It wasn't long after that they closed their doors, so I guess it was a good move. I was already doing accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, being his secretary (coming in an hour early and leaving two hours late with no more money) purchasing, office manager, filling in for the shipping when that gal went on vacation, and whatever else he decided I need to do. When reviews came up he told me he wasn't increasing my salary unless I learned three more new jobs! Well, I just couldn't take it any more, told him to shove it and walked out! Don't let him get you down!

Beanie I am so happy you got approved. I am anxious to hear when your date will be!

Pat - That's great your son is moving so close to you. Moving is lots of work, I don't want to ever move again!:)

Patty - I am so happy for you that you got the new job! It sounds like it will be a good one. Congrats on all those good finds too!

Paula - Welcome and thanks for thinking about me!

Cindy - We are hoping for the Colts or the Bears to win! If they end up playing each other, I guess we will just have to cheer for both of them!:confused:

Kare - Wow, that is what I call exercising!

Tina - Welcome!

Sherry - Great job not eating that candy!

Well, I am still catching up with everything, I hope I didn't miss anyone and if I did I'll catch you next time.

DH made me get out yesterday, we went for a ride then went out with the neighbors for a while. It felt good to get off the computer for a while!:)

It is chilly this morning, but supposed to warm up to 74 this afternoon. We really need rain, everything is so dry.

Catch you later, I would like to catch up on some of the threads!

I'd say good morning but it's almost lunch :hungry: time!

Brrrrrr... I know it's cold in Jersey but why did you send it to California too :omg: I'm freezing right here at my computer, whew!

Nuttin' special planned for today, spent the early morning wrapped in a quilt reading a novel. My kind of day.

Eileen: you have such a tiny ass, I don't mind that you sent belated congrats. Just a note, no LB date yet....we must have patience.

Betty: So good to see you. Lonely out there in the corporate world, please don't work too hard.... we need ya around here.

Pat: Did you say that you live on a ranch? I never knew that!

Beanie, Keri, Anne, Dianne, Sherry, Lisa.... Zan what'cha doin' on this glorious day? I know I'm missing some gals, please forgive me. Stay warm,

I am just going second everything Eileen said....going to follow Pat's lead! :-)

Eileen, I walked 2 miles today...just me my mp3 and no kids...it was awesome! You better get your butt in gear girlie!

I am struggling today with sweets...I am on the verge of starting my period and the chocolate is really singing my name. I am about to leave and hunt for a cute top in a smaller size ....try and keep my motivation going in the right direction.