Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's Chat

Hey Patty....my surgery is set for 2/13 so it would be great if all of us were at the same time :) Thanks for the tip on the Hershey's kisses. I've actually tried the different Sugar Free Chocolates when I was doing Atkins at one point and thought they were good. I'm actually trying to wean off of that stuff and stick to healthy stuff. I'm almost there...tomorrow NO chocolate kisses for me :) When I want something chocolate I'll drink a Protein type hotchocolate or choc Protein Shake. See how long I can make this last :confused: Post again tomorrow folks. HUGSSS

You know how hard it is to read your comments to me and not have teary eyes LOL !! I'm such a blubbering idiot !!

I'm better today but not 100%... I'll get stronger as time goes on.

I've been here for 8 years (this company) same job. Worked my way up to a #5 rating which is the highest you can get. Even with no boss, I get a rating of a 4 from the VP. They all know me and my work and how much effort I put into every little thing I do.

Last year I got a new boss... Drill Sargent !!! He has given me TONs more work along with the rest of the staff... do I complain NO, I just do it and keep my mouth shut. I've never had any problems with people, co-workers and my new boss even said how he admires me for the fact that I can relate and get along with anyone (thats b/c I don't think I'm better than anyone and I don't have that stinkin attitude like some do)... anyway.... He gave me my review yesterday and rated me as a 3 which means I am doing my job. Now mind you, I have responsibilities that no other people at my level has b/c my previous boss felt that I was able to do the job better than someone with a degree. A *F-in* 3.... I cried right in front of him and I don't think his military brain realized just how crushed I was until then. There so much more but you get the jest. My co-workers are floored, they are crushed like I am.

Today's a new day, I'm feeling better but still misty if you know what I mean so any little thing can set me off HAAAAAA!! SAP !!! or is it sucker?

I am now actively looking with in the company for another position and I notified my old boss (from this department) that I need help. She still works here and will help me in a heart beat. She is now working with the CEO so she's got clout :) :) :confused:

Rant over !!!

I'm sorry I haven't read up on you all... I will do so tomorrow morning while I'm sitting in my lazy boy sipping coffee hehehehee.

Life is good and I'm so glad I have you all. Thanks for giving me your shoulder today, I really needed it.

(corporate world is not for the soft hearted...beware lol).

Anne, don't worry I didn't get offended or down at your comment, actually if was very funny lol. Love yah !!!

Oh, Eileen,

I'm so glad that your troubles weren't about DH or DD. I had forgotten about the review..... your rating wasn't fair. Keep a clear head and you get a "high five" for going to your old boss. Mr. Drill sargent needs to understand that in order to make his department look good, he needs to surround himself with strong workers that will defend him. Bide your time and look around. This review and how your are feeling to it wasn't an accident and the Good Lord will reveal his plan in due time. I sent up a prayer and we're glad that we have a weekend to refocus our energies -- Hugs darling.

Well, I'm up.... just washed my hair and will get all my monkeys up for school. Todays my first official day as a permanent employee of the Westminster School District.... and no butterflies!? I think I'm ready. I get this one day of training; I think mostly to learn which kids have meds that they take at school and how their computer system works. The gal thats training me wants to head off to her new postition. I need to find out why she is leaving.... just to see if I didn't sign on to a pandora's box. Anyway, feeling good and positive.

Yesterday our family had an add-on. My Niece Tammy had a baby Boy and they named him Caleb Jordan Stremcha :biggrin1: All went well and Mom and baby will be going home on Saturday. Well thats it folks, I'll check in later.

I wonder if I can get LBT from work.. I'll find out.

Morning kiddies!

Eileen, don't let that BOZO get you down...I been there too, thinking I was doing to best job I could do and when it come down to a review...told I was only just doing my job....grrr...you are doing to right thing...get those feelers out there and something will surely come about. *huggs*

Dutchgirl..have to admire you...I could never be a teacher..I can barely stand to be around my own two chitlins...I am teasing of course..I love me kids...most of the time. ;-)

Sherry...keep up the great work...you are doing it the right way on the choclate...I am right there with you sister..they need a 12 step program of chocoholics anonymous.

Bene...can I be Eilleen's assistant...i mean she is going to be busy makeing all your arraingments...she is surely going to need somebody to keep her straight! :-)

I know I left some off, but the boss is walking around and I gotta go look busy...ya'll have a good day and huggs and gropes to all! :-)

Eileen, I totally understand. We get reviews every year. They are supposed to be "objective" because they use numbers, like yours. Like you have found out, if someone doesn't like you, like Mr. Drill Sargeant, he can choose #3 instead of #4, and it's easy to justify. I have the same exact problem. In my 28 years, I have been "Clearly Outstanding" and then "Proficient" (doing my job). The principal I have now doesn't really get anything about alternative schools...yet, he rates me as "proficient". It doesn't matter how many students write to me, come to see me after they graduate, that ALL my students passed the state exams, etc....it doesn't matter. Fortunately, our reviews are not tied to our pay. Is yours? When you hear teachers objecting to merit pay, I hope ya'll will understand why that is. It is interesting to hear this kind of story from the corporate world...I thought the managers had just lost their minds in the education world! So, Eileen, I'd tell ya to blow it off, because it's good advice, but I know you won't, just like I don't. We are proud of our work, and don't like seeing hacks evaluate it, and demean it. I'm glad you cried in front of him...he'll think twice about repeating that little number, won't he? Crying is a great defense; most men hate it. And on top of that, they think it means you're weak....HA! Now, get your revenge: get yourself a promotion, and be HIS supervisor!

I am so sorry...I'm mad for you!

Well it happened again. I was writting most of you a personal with heartfelt thoughts to all of you and I got kicked off!!

So Congrats on the new jobs!!!

Eileen- That really sucks! I'm glad that you have a good relationship with your old boss. GL

Zan-Panthers should be everyone's team, because they kicked the...who was that that showed up on Sunday, oh yeah the Giants butts! NO they are really a nice team. We are very personal with our Panthers down here and there are so many good men on that team, thats why I like them.

Pink eye stinks I hope it's better Cindy.

Patty I'm thinking of you today, hope all goes well

Sherry I want to tattoo my right hand with what you said!

Keri- smaller sizes are the best! WTG

Irene-Do you ever travel to Charlotte?

Ok I'm down today. I know it's the head mental thing going on. I know it's more the head than the mental. I hate negative stuff on here, so I'm trying to be positive, but I'm getting a bit depressed about this so I'm going to tell you. I got filled last week. My doc who I love and who is great and I would recommend him to anyone said that I may have a leak. I should be 2cc's he wasn't able to get much out from my last fill. He said it's just a wait and see thing and I go into floro on the 26th. So my ? is am I hungrier because this is on my mind? I know that this is one of the things and I'm really fine with it, well sort of, so if I need it replaced (the port) I need it replaced. I felt satisfied up until yesterday. The scale said I've gained 3 pounds since Monday. I haven't been supper fantastic with eating, but I haven't been horrible. I hate the scale and I have really been good with staying off of it until last week and this week. So my New Week resolution is to stay off of it until my next ANYTHING negative about the band. I really feel that I will not have a leak and everything will be fine.

have a good day.

Hello to you all,

new to your thread. You can now add Nevada to your list of participanting states.

I can totally understand your frustration with bosses that don't appreciate all the hard work and extas you put into your job. :clap2: Mine is retiring in 23 days and I told him I was his offical count down reminder. I can hardly wait until Feb 4. :faint: I will throw a party for those who have Survived his WRATH!!:confused: I will have Protein Bars and shakes for Everyone!!!

I will keep you all in my prayers and I will pray that Dianne will not have a leaky band or port. :)

I have joined Delarla's weight loss challenge :hungry: and I feel I am off to a good start and I signed up to participate in the Valentine's Day gift exchange. Hope to see you all there.:)

Hey Y'All...

Another day in the salt mines... Friday before the three day weekend!! Yee Haw!! I am so ready for three days off.

Sherry - do you have a date scheduled, yet? I can't say for certain what my date will be - I guess I should go to my pre-op consult, first, before I get too excited... Good job in stopping after 1 Kiss! I have little or no resistance against the evil chocolate.

Hey Pat!! How are you? So, if this is REALLY my year, maybe I will win the lottery, too... If everybody here thinks good thoughts about THAT, it might work as well as the insurance thing did... :]

Patty! So when will you know for sure about when your date will be? Congrats on the loan. How was your first day? Have you got it all figured out, yet?

Eileenie - the problem is that you have to BRAGG whenever you do ANYTHING - so they know you are there. It totally goes against the grain for me - and probably for you too... but you have to learn to Toot your own horn... just a little. It's a Squeeky Wheel thing. Only it's more positive because you are saying good things.

But the best revenge would be to get a transfer and then let somebody else try to "do your job" as well as you have been!! New bosses suck!! Maybe it's just time for you to try another position. Sometimes, change is good.

Keri - how do you feel about cats? I have two that will need a nanny... another exciting job opportunity if Irene win's the "big one". Job requirements: 1) functioning finger to open canned food. 2) willingness to be walked on, rubbed against and stared at.

Cindy - "objective" Yeah. Right. Sadly, it seems the whole world has lost it's mind, corporate, educational and everything else. But, I am having a hard time buying "Ruthless" as a description of you.

Dianne - sorry you keep having computer issues... I copy frequently - just in case. And scales are evil. I know if I had one in my house, I would obsess over it - so I keep avoiding the whole issue by not buying one! Of course, it's excruciating to have to wait to visit my PCP or my surgeon to find out what I weigh - but I swear that has to be better than freaking out every time I am retaining Water (and I so would). Buck up Lil' Buckaroo... I hope you don't have a leak. Alas, I only travel for work to our NY office - because that is where they have our Due Diligence file review. In real life, I don't travel much. I've never been to Charlotte.

Tina!! Howdy! Welcome. Feel free to stop by any time. We'll be cheering you on in the Challenge! And don't forget to invite US to your ByeByeBadBoss party! :]

Well, this evening, I will continue the battle with the Evil Eliptical and begin preparations for my trip to NY. I have to do a little laundry - and tomorrow, a little shopping.

Hugs for Everybody!!

:angel: :whoo: WAHOOOO I did it! One day without chocolate! Not one little kiss! Whew.

Rene my surgery date is 2/13/05...that is 30 days and 13 hours away. Umm not that I'm counting heh heh.

Man, I just can't reply to everyone because when I click reply to post POOF it's all gone lol. Oh well I love ya all and definately read it all.

Glad you're feeling a bit better NJ. It's definately tough when bosses don't appreciate the work you do. That's why I make it a point to let my staff know I'd be nothing without them and their hard work. Just yesterday I told them I'm the luckiest supervisor in the company...my staff has no problems, they all get along and they all work hard without me having to say a word. They are AWESOME!

Any big plans for the weekend peeps? Nothing here...hopign to tackle a closet or two.

Hugs

Sherry

Good Morning :rofl:

Thanks everyone !!! my pitty party is over...time to get pissed :angry hehehe. All negative thoughts behind me.

Whats everyone doing this weekend? its foggy and raining here, looks like its night time.

Today I promised myself I will get on my treadmill and get my Water in. Its hard to get my Water in at work (so I'm finding) so I must devise a plan. I must start my caloire counting again. I'm nibbling here and there and making excuses for it... NOT GOOD !!! I gotta remember my band is a tool not a cure and that it won't work unless I put some effort behind it.

My goal for this month is to be down 5 lbs and I only have 2 weeks left so I must get cracking.

How about you guys? where are you with your WL ? are you moving along, stuck, or like me.... excuse city? :guess

Tina WELOME !!

Dianne, good luck with your band, I'll be praying for you girlie.

Hello Everyone....

Glad to hear you're doing better NJ....I'm going to jump on your bandwagon and use my mom's treadmill today and I'll try to get my Water in as well. SOUNDS like a "day" Challenge doesn't it? COME ON FOLKS LETS DO IT!!!! Post again later and let us know how you're doing. We'll all work it together!

Just pumped myself up hahaha