Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January's Chat

Good Afternoon!

Well, the interview went really good, I know they were impressed because several times they told me they were!:D :D :D They also told me that my resume would go to several departments so it could be a while before I heard anything and in the meantime I might get called for more interviews.:) Right before I left to go to my interview, I got a call from a different place that I applied to yesterday and I have an appointment with them on Monday. Then right after I got home I got a call from a gal wanting me to send her my resume. Maybe things will start looking up!:) :)

Beanie - It was so nice to see your post here!:) I really miss it when you are gone! Don't worry, I'll let you know when the Mav's are playing the championship game!;)

Eileen - So, when are you going to tell us how easy that fill was? I know it was a lot easier than you thought it was going to be. How was the weight loss?

Cindy - Talk about a great game, I loved it! Us ladies just know how to work those men don't we?:) :) :) Have fun at Starbucks but watch out for those fattening drinks!;)

Patty - You crack me up! I love the tricks you play on XDH! It sure sounds like he is trying to hide something from someone huh? Maybe the return address will give you a hint! Glad to hear you are doing better today! Now, walk carefully to do those errands, no rushing allowed!:)

Anne - I had a slight unfill once, the doctor didn't like it that I ask for it, in fact he got a little upset with me, but I am not doing the sliming thing everytime I eat. Nope, not me! He took out .2 and it was great. Good luck!

Dianne - Good luck with the fill! I am not familia with yodels, except the ones that make the sounds!;)

Sherry - I think you are right, everything tastes better when someone else cooks it.

Pat - How did the babysitting go the other day? You didn't pinch that baby did you? ;)

Well, got to get something done around here today. I have been primping all morning so now it is time to work. UGH!

Howdy Everyone ;)

Well the fill was a breeze...didn't feel a thing.... wanna know why?

I didn't get one, nope, my doc said no ;) ;) I got on their scale and closed my eyes b/c of all the eating I did over Christmas and I nearly fell over... I lost almost 6 lbs since my last visit. Don't ask me where I lost it b/c folks I kid you not when I say I can eat. My doc was happy with the weight loss so far and said nope, no fill. I told him how I'm struggling and he said maybe next time. I know he's right, and I know its healthier but I guess I just don't want to feel hunger. Right now I'm hungry every 2 hours. I'm very happy I lost, don't get me wrong... I did do the happy dance in his office its just that I thought it would be less of a struggle with the band and a fill. Mixed emotions today for sure. But I'll press on :) Tomorrow morning I'll weigh myself and see if I need to change my ticker... something doesn't seem right... we'll see.

Its good to see you all ;)

Betty who wouldn't be tickled to have you work for them. Hope an offer comes quick GOOD LUCK !!!!!!

Patty welcome home !!! hope you feel better, thats some fall you took. I could feel it all the way here in jersey. Your lucky you didn't break something girl.

Pat, you out cruzing in your new car lookin all purdy and such?

Cindy and Starbucks...that has a nice ring to it. My nephew works at a Starbuck here in jersey and he makes about 200 bucks a week on tips and thats just a part time kid. Can you imagine !!!

Dianne, good luck with your fill..... and no more yodells for you missy. ROFL !!! burp!

Beanie a yodell is just like a ding dong except different shaped. They used to be so good (so I remember). Remember when we had our chat at the Japanese rest...and I said if I came to Texas to visit you I was bringing the yodells..... uh huh !!! haaaaaaa.

Anne I'm glad your getting a wee unfill. Like my doc said today, everyone is different. He said that banders should not try to keep up with RYN patients as far as weight loss is consern (I know your not trying, I'm just saying what he told me). Good luck tomorrow and feel better.

Sherry I soooo agree with you. When my mom makes Soup its the BEST!! she made me home made broth when I first had my surgery and I'm telling you it saved me from chewing the walls. The canned stuff tasted like crap..but Thank GOD !!! for my Mom. I was 2 weeks on Clear liquids and that was hard but Mom's Soup really got me thru. You might want to have her make you some and freeze it (depending on what your doc said you have to do postsurgery).

Gosh I hope I didn't forget anyone.... love you all !!

Hi all you New Jersey girls.....

Just wanted to check in... still enjoy hearing about your days!

I am plugging along. Making lists of what to pack and buy for when I return from surgery. The doctor called from Mexico today to go over everything... It makes it really REAL.

Have a great weekend....

d:Bunny

Eileen...I"m sorry you were disappointed on your fill. I remember thinking it would be easier, too...but I've had periods of struggle throughout. Not long, and not excrutiating, but enough that I had to actually think about what I was doing and what I was eating. Hopefully posting our meals will hlep you out that way. If you are still really struggling after a couple of weeks, ask him again. On the other hand, it sounds like he is truly looking after your best interests; so that ought to be reassuring.

Betty, I'm sitting here crossing my fingers for you and that job search! HOpefully, the companies have their new budget for 2006 and there's enough money for you!

Doc, you just hang in there, girl. You're getting closer everyday! Be sure to buy sugar-free popsicles! But don't pack them because they'll melt!

Patty, that package thing is fishy. I'm very envious that you have annual passes to anywhere Disney!

I forgot to tell you all a cool NSV. Yesterday, I needed a brown shirt to go under a vest...and hanging in the closet was an XL. IT FIT! Not all XL's fit, but that even one in the universe did, well, that's an NSV, I don't care who you are! (Okay, I stole that last part from Larry the Cable Guy). It was so cool.

Just got back from Sam's and bought my big supply of Zone Perfect Fudge Graham bars...they are so good I feel like I'm eating something that's not good for me! That's why I like them. Even if I pig out and eat 2 of them (not often, but I've done it), at least I'm getting 16g of Protein in each one.

Pat, I guess Wednesday's are pretty tiring...I just figured you were in you new car, jamming out on the stereo!

OH Eileen - I'm not working for Starbucks...I just went to a meeting there! Although the tips do sound pretty good.....I had Peppermint Mocha, non-fat, no whip...so it wasn't great, but it wasn't damning!

More later, check in everyone! Cindy

Mmmmmmm Yodels, Starbucks... MMMMMMMM

OK, it must be time for me to get my butt home and go to the gym. All this talk of food is making me HUNNERY!!

OOOOO Ira & Anne are both on-line... Maybe I will have to come back later and edit or re-post.

Anne - how did your un-fill go? Did your doc give you any guff? Did you have him look at your band on Barium? Fill us in... (no pun intended)

Cindy - The short week has me all weird. I had actually forgotten it was Friday until a co-worker wished me a good weekend. Truly forgotten. I swear it's early Alzheimers. How many wage-slaves forget FRIDAY?!? And thank you for the lovely compliments. I might have been a great teacher - but I have enjoyed working in the crazy mortgage business, too - and the money is good. :]

Patty - did you call your PCP on the diabetes thing? What's up with that? And the box is VERY suspicious. Is he ordering presents for his new girlfriend and having them delivered to your house? (Does he have a new wife that he is hiding stuff from?) Of course, putting the best possible spin on it - he had a package delivered there because it is a surprise for you &/or the kids. I would be totally DYING of curiosity.

Betty - Rock On!! Get that job! Hopefully they will offer you the best possible option with a good salary!! (and I am assuming you didn't walk in on the interviewer in the Men's!! lol!) So nice to hear that folks are impressed with you, isn't it? I always enjoy that, too!

Eileen - if you come visit - I forbid the import of Yodels into Texas... I have enough difficulty resisting my old favorites without having NEW ones... Sorry about the fill thing. I know you were really wanting it - but if you are still losing weight, even AFTER the holiday spree - well, you can probably wait. Better a little loose than over-filled and in danger of erosion. God knows we have had WAY more than enought of that around here. Your doc sounds like he is taking a real interest and looking out for you. If you get too tortured from hunger, you can always slug him until he gives you a fill! lol! (get one of those cousins over there...)

Doc, you must be SOOOOO excited. I am just still waiting to hear from the State of CA. Since the original "We have your request for Independent Review" letter, there has been not one thing... I guess nothing is due until the early part of February - but DANG it! I wish they would hurry up, already! It seems like centuries! (yeah, yeah, I know. It's only been a couple of weeks. But Dang it!!!)

Well my Darlings... I am off to home. I have decided that I won't procrastinate - I will drag DH out to the gym tonight, so I can Veg-Out tomorrow. I do so love my Slug-fest weekends.

Take Care!!

And, IRA? Don't you love us any more? I can see you checking up on us. Let us know how you are doing, ok? We miss you.

Renebean, I was sorta here while you were posting, but I made the mistake of trying to type a long post while the kids were in the bathtub. Let's just say, it didn't go well!

I dropped my DS off at kindergarden and headed off to the hospital for my appointment this morning. They did a complete unfill (NOT fun - looks like my port is tipped a little bit. They're going to use Fluro for my next fill to find out). They wanted to take my entire fill out but they could only get 1/2 cc (I had 1cc). I'm already able to eat more, which is a relief and scary at the same time. We're going to see how it goes and I'll come in for a fill in a month if I need one. They were worried about the level of restriction so they had me do a barium swallow. Everything looked good, so no slippage (whew!).

Eileen, I'm sorry that you didn't get a fill! I know this sounds weird coming from me since I just needed an unfill, but I don't understand why he wouldn't give you a tiny fill if you're hungry all the time. Congratulations on that 6 lb loss though! If you can lose weight over the holidays you're doing something right! ;)

Betty, good luck getting the new job! It sounds like you have it in the bag. It's nice to know that they recognize your talent. I must admit, I'm a little envious... I've been home with the kids for 5 years and every now and then I think I'll go crazy if I don't get a job outside of the house. I started to go back to school for accounting but I dropped out when I hurt my back. One of these days I'll figure out what I want to be when I grow up... ;) For now I'm grateful (most of the time - I swear, lol) that I can stay home.

Cindy, congrats on fitting into an XL!! Isn't it fun discovering "new" clothes in the closet? I hope they carry Zone bars at costco (a Sam's type place up in MI). I need to find a good Protein bar for Breakfast. I'm lucky if I can find the coffee maker in the morning, so I need something simple. You're a teacher, so you'll love this... My sister was at her eye doctor's today making chit chat during her exam when the optometrist, for no apparent reason, started ripping on how he thinks teachers are OVER paid!!!! Needless to say, she ripped him a new one. What a moron.

Patty, I have to admit, you're a better person than I... I think my exacto knife would have "slipped" and opened that package, lol.

Doc, good luck with your surgery! Less than one week to go! ;)

Beanie, I hope you had a good workout tonight! The first thing I did when I got home from the hospital today was jump on the treadmill. I think getting that unfill scared me straight, lol.

Have a great weekend everybody! ;)

Good Morning ;)

How is everyone today, got any exciting plans for the weekend?

Aunt Flo arrived this morning and I feel like I could hurl. Nice last vacation days huh lol. Plus I have a cold. I'm very alergic to dust and the other day I decided to dust my ceiling fans. The one has so much dust on it and it came down in my face...wahlah! allergies turned cold. I should have worn a mask but didn't think...duh!!! my fault.

I agree with my doc about the no fill, its just that when you've been waiting for this for a month, you feel out of control and your anticipating the procedure it kinda throws you for a loop mentally when they say no. OY! lolol.

Today I am heading off to the cheese Cake Factory (yeah just what I need) for a birthday party. Then its home to clean out my car. You'd think I had 10 kids in there, thats how dirty / messy it is.

Tomorrow is cooking day (I cook for the week, dinners that is). Not sure what I'm cooking, maybe a meat loaf and chicken (alternate meals).

I could go back to bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Cindy I know you dont wanna work at starbucks, I was just telling you about my nephew and his rich customers lol. Although !!! when you retire its a good way to bring home cash and work little hours lolol.

Anne, I hope your unfill goes well, and I can totally understand about it being scary. Hang in there !!! hugs.

Beanie babe, I think Ira hit goal too and is off and enjoying life. Gee I hope when the rest of the folks here hit goal they don't leave ;) What are you doing this weekend anything fun? How's work? Hope you got to the gym yesterday, I'm glad your going.

Well I'm outta here for a bit.... TTYL

Hugs and Kisses

Good morning! Well, I hit the clutter first thing this morning, and it feels like all I've done is clear out 6 square inches! I am just working on this big mess one little job at a time, and at least that makes me feel like i can eventually do it. Now, I'm hanging out here, reading everything and spreading my (????) wisdom around, which means I'm probably hacking off several people! LOL!

Anne, you shake your sister's hand for me, and tell her "Job well done!" Teachers need to educate people on what the job is like these days. The schools of our past are gone, and so are the leaders. The teacher organizations are more about political lobbying (in arenas other than education) so we don't even have that anymore. I promise, I know there are some bad teachers out there, but I do believe that at least 90%, maybe more, are working hard to do what they can with their hands tied behind their backs, and the other side has a 16 year head start! Still, I love kids and that's what keep me going...probably other teachers feel the same way. Way to go, Sis!

Eileen, keep your spirits up, girl! You are doing so well, and you can check again in a few weeks. We're here for you!

Beanie...you ARE busy if you forgot it was Friday! You are the kind of person who can do whatever you put your mind to! More power to you, and hope you hear soon on the progress of your appeal! Did you ever check JQPublic's threads? He hasn't had the band, either, and has done so well.

I hope I didn't forget anyone...Pat, whatcha doin'? Betty, I bet you are out riding today...it's just beautiful. We are gonna be so sad when winter show back up!

Have a great day, everyone!

Cindy

I hope you all don't mind that I don't do the personal stuff all the time. I do read everyones posts. It's just my brain, maybe the radon from living in High Bridge so many years..lol...It would take me an hour and a half to do it! I'm old and slow what can I say.

Patty-I would get the knief out and rip open that box if I were you!!!

I went for my fill on Thursday. How many days do you have to wait to eat? I am on liquids for 48 hours then mushies for 48 hours. How can you tell a differece when your just drinking?

I now have 2cc I go back in 3 weeks for more if I need it.

Well we are off to Columbia SC to see the in-laws it's an hour and a half ride there, we say hi have a drink and then go eat, come back to the house talk for 10 minutes and drive home. 3 hours in the car and 2 hours with them. It's wonderful having them closer than Florida, but 90 miles away is a drag.

Have a good day.

di

Hey everybody!

Yup Cindy, I have been out riding all day! It is so beautiful. In fact, I think my face is burned and so are my arms! It just felt so good! Then we ended up at Chili's and got supper. I behaved myself though and had a chicken salad, ended up just eating the chicken off of it mostly! What a great day it has been!:) :)

Eileen - That is neat that you cook for a week in one day. Heck, if I did that DH would have half of it ate before the end of the week! That man of mine sure loves to eat! I think it is great that you didn't need a fill yet, too many times a doctor gives a fill just because the time is up. I have to pay $200.00 a crack for fills, I want as few of them as I can get. I had to pay him $200.00 to get .2 taken out too! That did upset me a little bit!

Well, my neighbor just came over so I better go talk with him. Catch you later!

Good Morning :)

Happy Sonday everyone. You know I still have not cleaned out my car lol, so today I have to or else tomorrow when I'm driving to work I'll be mad at myself heheh. DD needs her bath this morning and its off to a birthday party.

I'm going to make a huge batch of tuna salad for lunches/dinner, and probably a meatloaf, some noodles. Usually I don't make side dishes and we just eat meat and veggies.

Betty if I don't cook on Sundays, we wind up eating Cereal for dinners during the week. DH works to hard physically, I'd feel guilty that he isn't getting a hot meal, plus its a load off my shoulders knowing dinner is 90% done at night. And I have little time at night b/c DD has homework (yep, in pre-k they give homework) and baths, plus cleaning the kitchen after dinner. And NOW I'm gonna try to fit in some walking on the dreadmill when i get home. If weather is nice, I'll try to do it at lunch time but I'm usually to lazy or I don't want to get sweaty and sit at work ya know ick. lol.

How is everyone today? whats everyone doing?

Good Morning everyone,

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday.....that means laundry, food shopping, more laundry, cleaning bathrooms (MY least favorite chore UGH) and I'm hoping to clean a closet. Hmmm been trying to get there mentally to do that one hahaha. See...we moved to this house in March 2005 after being in the previous house for 11 years. Ohhhh the accumulation of "stuff". Anyway, I still have a closet full of boxes I never unpacked (maybe that's where my Cereal bowls and my calculator are lol) and there is a storage room down stairs FULL of stuff that needs to be put somewhere. Yeap....moved in March and things still aren't completely unpacked. Something tells me it won't be done by this March either hahaha. OH well....one step at a time.

Cooking on Sunday for the week sounds like a great idea. It's like packing my lunch the night before. Why is it I just don't do it? Would save me alot of hassle during the week and the next day but, something in my brain says you really should get that done and the little lazy devil on my shoulder says Nah, put it off until you need it lol. Probably the same devil that says you don't need to eat your green Beans save room for the cookie. I need to knock that devil to the curb heh heh. I'm working on it! After Feb 13th, his butt will be beaten good :)

Hugs all...have a great Sunday!

Good Morning!

It's going to be another beautiful day here, in the 80's. I think we will probably spend a lot of it riding today. I have some work to get done too, so I best get busy!:)

Eileen - I need to get my car cleaned up too! I have been saying that for a while now, I don't have junk in it, it is just dirty and needs to be washed!:)

Sherry - I know what you are going through, I still have some boxes of stuff in the garage that I have never unpacked. Most of it is DH stuff though! I guess by now if I haven't missed it, I can throw it away! Our problem was we left most of our stuff in our old house when we moved here because we had some buyer for it. We came here and rented an apartment until we sold our house. Well, the buyer fell through, so we ended up buying a bunch of stuff to live with in the apartment. Then the house sold, and we had all the stuff from both places, plus a lot we bought for the new house. I don't ever want to move again!:eek

Well, I have to get off here and get some work done. The neighbor is coming over some time this morning and bringing me some stuff to download into my computer. I at least want to have the bed made!:laugh :laugh :laugh

Good morning to all of you that haven't posted! Catch you later!:)