Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know the gas pain is normal and my surgery was just ysterday, but i'd feel like a million bucks if the gas pain would subside... Has anyone gotten any other advise besides walk??Its much better then yesterday, i thought i would die, but my shoulder blades still kill and when i take a deep breathe. Just wondering.. Thanks

It is really awful! But walking, walking, walking was the best for me and most of us. I used GasX, more than was recommended and that helped too. As well as a heating pad in my shoulder area, especially at night.

I know the gas pain is normal and my surgery was just ysterday, but i'd feel like a million bucks if the gas pain would subside... Has anyone gotten any other advise besides walk??Its much better then yesterday, i thought i would die, but my shoulder blades still kill and when i take a deep breathe. Just wondering.. Thanks

Have you tried gas-x strips? They helped me get some of the gas out easier. If that doesn't or hasn't worked for you I'd ask your Doc if there was anything else you could take. But the best is walking around or maybe moving your arms around in pin-wheels (sounds silly) but it can get things moving.

The gas is the worst, I'm sorry you're feeling it right now, but it'll be gone before you know it! Feel better soon!

Guest pancakes4life

Gas X strips yes. And if you can bend over without pain do that.

Standing, bend over and touch your toes a few times.

Another thing you can try is kneeling on your bed, bend at the waist like you were going to do a yoga pose arms stretched out in front of you, butt up in the air.

Laying on your back, bicycle...bring one leg up to your chest, then your other one.

Also i SWEAR SWEAR by peppermint tea.

A heating pad really helped me with gas pains after surgery. The Gas X strips also helped a bit as did peppermint tea. I walked and used a heating pad constantly on my 2nd day post-op and it helped tremendously.

Guest pancakes4life

What finally worked for you?

THANK YOU ALLL

I had my surgery Monday as well and gas is my biggest issue, too! I'd be fine if it'd go away; haven't even taken any pain meds today. Gas x has helped me when lying down but whenever I stand up or my stomach gets jostled it starts all over again. Wish I had a deflate button on my side; that would be heaven lol.

Based on my personal observations (no "gas" pains post-op) and the many posts on this forum, I seriously doubt that pain in the shoulder is gas. If it were, why do I get it only after a fill? I'm not the only one this happens to, either. From what I can tell, again, based on others' posts - and after speaking with my doc - the band, at least for a few days to a week after installation - and sometimes fills - applies pressure to the phrenic nerve, which causes the shoulder pain.

For additional information, Google "phrenic nerve gastric band".

Thanks everyone.. Nothing has helped yet but maybe it is the Phrenic nerve.. I will have to check into that.. Also even after a few sips of something i feel totally bloated.. I have a call into my dr bc i havent been drinking much but maybe just the gas.. We shall see..

I had my surgery Monday as well and gas is my biggest issue, too! I'd be fine if it'd go away; haven't even taken any pain meds today. Gas x has helped me when lying down but whenever I stand up or my stomach gets jostled it starts all over again. Wish I had a deflate button on my side; that would be heaven lol.

Thanks everyone.. Nothing has helped yet but maybe it is the Phrenic nerve.. I will have to check into that.. Also even after a few sips of something i feel totally bloated.. I have a call into my dr bc i havent been drinking much but maybe just the gas.. We shall see..

I'm only on day 2 after surgery, but I'm experiencing the same thing. The gas is awful, and depending on laying or sitting up, it just shifts around in my body. It's super uncomfortable. And I do feel like I'm bloated when I'm sipping anything, but I wonder if that's just getting used to the band, too? I feel like I'm hyper-aware of everything going on in my body right now, and that most of it is pretty painful at the moment. But this too shall pass, right? :) And then we'll be banded and happy and ready to take on the world! (Lol, even though I don't feel ready to take on my driveway yet, hehe).

LOL I hear ya Sarah.... Still struggling with gas.. Ugh day 4 post-op.... i called office yesterday, they told me the gas x wouldnt work bc the gas isnt like normal gas or in the normal place I guess this gas is from them putting it in there around my stomach not in my stomach so i dont know.. Just want it to go away

I'm only on day 2 after surgery, but I'm experiencing the same thing. The gas is awful, and depending on laying or sitting up, it just shifts around in my body. It's super uncomfortable. And I do feel like I'm bloated when I'm sipping anything, but I wonder if that's just getting used to the band, too? I feel like I'm hyper-aware of everything going on in my body right now, and that most of it is pretty painful at the moment. But this too shall pass, right? :) And then we'll be banded and happy and ready to take on the world! (Lol, even though I don't feel ready to take on my driveway yet, hehe).

I had bad gas the day of my surery wed and a bit yesterday but most of my pain is the 2 insisions by my belly button and then when I drink it feels like I get burps stuck under my band in my bigger tummy and lots of gurgling gas in my lower tummy/intestines. Have had no problem laying down to sleep as long as I'm on my right side and having a heating pad on my tummy over my insisions has really really helped with the muscle pain by my port. My thing is I am on a clear liquid diet till next tues and already starting to get hungry. I seriously am tired aka can't stand broth any more lol.