Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any suggestions..please

mushsbat
Sign in to follow this  

I posted this on someone else's post. After rereading it I realized I had my own issues and maybe I needed my own thread.

I feel like a failure. My long story as short as I can. I was banded 12/09 I received fills very slowly due to a hernia just above the band which I was told they would fix during surgery. They did not and then couldn't give me fills very fast due to reflux which I never felt but the could see under fluro.

Most of my weight loss has been just after fills. Which is 45 pounds in just over a year. :( I have I think 5.25 ccs and I'm not sure how much it holds b/c I've always been told that does not matter restriction does. At my last fill I received .25 ccs and was told that would probably be all that I would get for a long time. After the fill which has been over a month I feel less restriction than I did before. This does confuse me.

Anyway, I can only eat mushies for Breakfast. I eat high Protein. Usually egg and cottage cheese warmed. I know all the rules and follow them. I can eat a healthy lunch. By supper time I am starving. I can usually eat 1 1/2 -2 cups of food. I always eat high Protein low carb! I have been slack with exercise in the last month. I am now back on the treadmill doing 20 minutes and will build back up. So why am I a slow looser? I was up to a walk/jog for 30 mins with this same eating pattern before and still not loosing.

I can't get satisfied at night. I can't eat solids in the morning and can't eat really dense meat so I know I have restriction. Plus the doctor shows me I do under fluro.

Like the previous poster said I am trying to focus on eating pure protein every 2-3 hours and working out. Hopefully something will start working for me soon b/c I feel like a total failure lately

Have you tried speaking to your Nutritionist to see if it was what you are eating not how mcuh? Just a thought

Have you tried speaking to your Nutritionist to see if it was what you are eating not how mcuh? Just a thought

I haven't been to see her in a while b/c I follow the rules she gave me the last time I saw her. High Protein low carb. Maybe I need to go see her again. It has been a while.

I haven't been to see her in a while b/c I follow the rules she gave me the last time I saw her. High Protein low carb. Maybe I need to go see her again. It has been a while.

A few suggestions..but mostly I am doing doing everything right. Only time will tell. :(

45lbs is great success, congratulations. It sounds like you have hit a plateau and that can be so frustrating when you are working so hard. You might want to try interval training on your treamill workouts (if you're not not doing that already) That can sometimes break a plateau and get the scale heading down again. I also remember a period right about 50lbs lost that my weight loss stopped..but I lost inches. Kind of like my body was catching up or something...I don't know, it's a strange phenomenon but it happens. Maybe that's whats happening for you.

You said you can't get satisfied at night. I have always been "night eater"..having intense cravings for food in the evening and it is tough to break that habit. That just might be a trigger time for you and a good time to plan some distractions for when you feel like overeating in the evening.

Feeling like a failure can also make you want to over eat...and when you do, it then causes you to feel like more of a failure. It's a viscious cycle. I doubt that anyone here would share your opinion that you are a failure. When you're feeling like you've failed, it might help to remind yourself of your successes and that you are not carrying around 45 lbs that you were before!

Katsuri

Suggestions

#1 log your food - count your calories - you maybe eating more than you think.

#2 I too am most hungriest at night - I budget my calories for this.. I did thru my whole weight loss phase and it worked for me - I kept my calories at 800-1200 varied them daily - normally ate 150-200 for bf - same for lunch - dinner 300ish and kept 300 for Snacks at night - which consist of sf puddings - sf fudgecicles - 100 cal snack pack popcorn

#3 Exercise - you just have to do it - again during weight loss phase - I exercised 5 - 6 times a week - I exercise 4 x a week today