Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Just can't say THANK YOU enough to EVERYONE who has commented!

I am very inpatient, and I really thought the band wasn't working.

Does anyone know, when you get your first fill, will you eat less from it? Less hungry?

I just had my first fill this past Friday. Unfortunately, I feel no restriction. I am just as hungry as I was pre-surgery. Hang in there and keep your eye on the prize! YOU CAN DO THIS!!

I too have been stalled since one week after surgery, actually up a few pound once I started Protein Shakes. I have been on the elliptical 4 times the past week. I started eating ground/chopped food today and have started again tracking with my livestrong iPhone app. Personally I think my stalling is due to to few calories. I had this stalling in the past when I ate to few calories, then I upped it and started losing again. I think I will start losing again soon

Oh Fran! Thank you! Your words were inspirational!!! (Made me laugh a few times too!)

I will concentrate on the: changing your eating habits, getting more exercise and staying hydrated!!

Three things I need to work on anyway!!!

Thank you!

Well, I can tell you that with my first fill I felt absolutely NO restriction. I am impatient too so I was anxiously awaiting my next fill which was 2 weeks away. I will say that as soon as I was on solid foods post op I started cutting back. Just little things like only a sandwich for lunch, no chips and Water was my beverage. Then I cut it down to 1/2 sandwich for lunch, etc. Now that I have proper restriction (which came 7 months after surgery) I don't eat sandwhiches at all -- bread gives me too much trouble and makes it hard to get enough Protein per meal. At 18 months out my diet has changed tremendously, but it was a gradual change. I was never a physical hunger person so I cannot speak to your being hungry all the time. My issue is head hunger and, with the band, I cannot binge to any degree ... it will come back up if I do.

The good news is that there are people on this forum who have experienced restriction with their first fill. Not many, but I have read about them here on this forum. Perhaps you will be one of the lucky ones too. If not, do not despair ... patience is a virtue (and I used to say "not one of mine"), and developing patience while waiting for your tool to work is an interesting experience. I suggest that you not conentrate on what you want to happen, but that you concentrate on the things within your control (i.e., changing your eating habits, getting more exercise and staying hydrated). You can do this! Just don't stress yourself, and let your body heal.

All the best to you on your journey!

~fran

I wish there was a "LIKE" button on here!

Thank you!

I am so sorry that you are going through this. You are in the well known "bandsters hell". I was banded on November 22nd and had my first fill this past Friday. Unfortunately, I am still in "bandsters hell" after a fill of 2.4cc.

Once the swelling from surgery goes away, you no longer have restriction. So, you get hungry. From what I have read, it can take 3 or more fills before you ever feel any good restriction. Until you have adequate restriction, you have to lean on your own will power.

Hang in there and know that you are not alone! Best of luck to you.

I am the least patient person EVER. I really did not see any ongoing restriction until my fifth fill. My doctor requires at least 2 weeks between fill; as it can take that long for the fill to settle. So sometimes you get initial restriction which goes away; or it will take 2 weeks to hit. It's been 2 weeks today since my last fill and I do think it has settled somewhat but I have some restriction. I am going to call and see if they will fill me if I can get an score a cancellation. I have lost about 6 pounds since my last fill so they may not let me have a fill. Did I mention I'm impatient? I have been a slow loser until now; which is why I am anxious to reach the green zone.

Find out how much time your doctor requires between fills. If it's 2-3 weeks call the office and see if you can go in for a fill the next time they have a cancelation. If your schedule is flexible.