Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying to get back in the groove

Since the holidays I have become increasingly noncompliant with the diet, I started sneaking in old bad food behaviors and because I didnt have any negative results I ate more. I have been eating more, more frequesntly and the wrong foods. I have gained 2 pounds, I am depressed, discouraged and have lost my focus. I wish I knew someone else who has had the band, I feel very isolated and unsupported. Has anyone else lost thier way? How do you get back on track? Everyday I say this is it, "Today I am eating right" etc and I "sneak" and eat wrong. I'ts my lifelong behavior pattern and I'm so disgusted with myself. I cant fail with the band like I failed my whole life.

I think it's common to get off track during the holidays. There is so much temptation. I know I ate some things I normally stay away from. Don't beat yourself up about it, it's in the past. Focus on the future. Everyday is a new day to do the right things. Every time you eat is an opportunity to feed your body what it needs for good health. I suggest you do a few things-

get all the junk out of the house

start journaling what your eating

get your 60gms of protien.

drink at least 64 oz of Water a day

Excersise at least 3 times a week,

Best of luck to you- you can do it!

Since the holidays I have become increasingly noncompliant with the diet, I started sneaking in old bad food behaviors and because I didnt have any negative results I ate more. I have been eating more, more frequesntly and the wrong foods. I have gained 2 pounds, I am depressed, discouraged and have lost my focus. I wish I knew someone else who has had the band, I feel very isolated and unsupported. Has anyone else lost thier way? How do you get back on track? Everyday I say this is it, "Today I am eating right" etc and I "sneak" and eat wrong. I'ts my lifelong behavior pattern and I'm so disgusted with myself. I cant fail with the band like I failed my whole life.

there is a Jan challage you should jump in it... i found it to be Very helpful !!!!

Amy

I was the same way....I was off work and on vacation for 2 weeks and I didnt hit the gym at all and eat whatever...I ended up gaining 3lbs...than I felt lazy and didnt feel like doing this anymore...by this I mean just the whole constant watching what I eat...working out...etc. but this past week I just said I to talk myself back into it..I looked at pictures of myself before being banded than looked at some I had taken after I lost 40lbs and I knew I didnt want to go back there again..I reminded myself of how bad I felt and that I paid all this money and made this big life decision I coulnt go back to yet giving up again just after 5 months...so I committed to going to the gym at least 2x last week ( I started kinda low so that it sounded better to myself..lol) and that I would start drinking all my Water again...so I just gradually got back into again and Im really glad I forced myself cause now Im getting back in the groove again..its so easy to get off track and really hard to get back on...you just have to remind yourself of how you were before and why you did this to begin with and force yourself to do something better.even if its just 1 committment per day.

Thank you all. I feel a little more hopeful. I'm going to do your suggestions including the January challenge.