Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did your Dr stop meds gradually?

I know that some of us can go without some medication after we have lost some weight. I am on blood pressure meds......did your Dr tell you to try stopping(controlled) or were tests done and he went by results? How was it done with you?

Sorry I thought I was in the post op before when I wrote this question!:o (in pre-op)

I was on meds for GERD (GastroEsophagealRefluxDisease). My hiatal hernia was repaired when I was banded and my surgeon stopped the 2 meds I was on for that then. He also stopped my arthritis meds because it's a NSAID and can cause stomach problems. I monitored my blood pressure at home and when it dropped I called my primary care physician. He had my take half the dose, then a few days later cut that in half then discontinued it. I just have to monitor it occasionally. I am also now off my asthma meds.

Good luck!

That's great! You were helped with meds right away ..wow. I am taking 4 bp meds! Beside having to pay for them I can't wait to see if I can live without them!!:lol: Glad you had such a change for the better already.

I also had my bp meds cut in half and then discontinued. I was thrilled. Once you loose some weight (maybe 30 pounds or so,)- and hopefully start excersising- I would make an appt. with your primary. Good luck!

That's good to hear! I won't have to make an appt....he's in my business ALL the time!! lol He'll make sure I see him and we get started when it's time. After I started seeing him he cut some of my meds(for seizures) in half(little by little) and I'm doing well on them. He thought I was on way too much! In fact I have an appt in two weeks.

I also had my bp meds cut in half and then discontinued. I was thrilled. Once you loose some weight (maybe 30 pounds or so,)- and hopefully start excersising- I would make an appt. with your primary. Good luck!

Hi Southern Leo

Hope your surgery went well! I am post op 10 days and I finally get to start mushies tomorrow (I think)

I had a small hiatial hernia repaired and was told that I shouldn't need my Nexium at all after the surgery. I also take a bp pill and anti depressant. I haven't been real good at remembering to take my meds since surgery. Normally if I would have forgotten my Nexium I would have been awful sick with heartburn by 3pm and I haven't had any problem with it at all! I go to my PCP on Tuesday and I hope that I can cut back on my bp. I am currently 35+ lbs down so I hope I don't need them at all. I would so love to have NO meds that I have to take! Imagine the copays I would save!

Best wishes on your journey!

Hi! Looks like you're doing well! Wow, you're post op diet is one that seems to last...... I just got started on a full diet. But I'm being careful still. I would like a nice steak on the grill but have been hesitant. I want to make sure I get a good one for that!! I have a feeling I will be using my pressure cooker and crock pot more now!! Have you been able to get into the exercising alot yet? I'm even slow on that and began getting tired out quickly. My dog loves to walk but he waits for me! I hope to get on my wii later today and get in some yoga to strenthen my muscles. Which means I should get off the laptop and get something done!! Take care....Linda

My exercise is walking. I walk as much as I can. I park far away from the stores and walk for at least 10 minutes on the treadmill. I know it's not high intensity, but it feels good to do it.

I'm looking forward to CHEWING, I don't mind the liquids that much, but I'd really like to bite into something. Or, just some different flavors will do.

I never thought about a pressure cooker, I'll have to check into one.

Hi! Looks like you're doing well! Wow, you're post op diet is one that seems to last...... I just got started on a full diet. But I'm being careful still. I would like a nice steak on the grill but have been hesitant. I want to make sure I get a good one for that!! I have a feeling I will be using my pressure cooker and crock pot more now!! Have you been able to get into the exercising alot yet? I'm even slow on that and began getting tired out quickly. My dog loves to walk but he waits for me! I hope to get on my wii later today and get in some yoga to strenthen my muscles. Which means I should get off the laptop and get something done!! Take care....Linda