Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does my situation count as a complication?

Well, you're definitely odd... :P

No, I wouldn't count you in the "complication" group -- I think you have something else going on with your body. Is the thyroid medication helping at all yet? I haven't read all the posts around here lately, sorry if that's already answered somewhere...

Hi Vines!!!

I don't know either? I don't think so. Thyroid problems can be very fickle to diagnois. Make sure your keeping a true log everyday. Sometimes we think were doing more or better than we truely are. Sometimes were not. If its any consulation I have been stuck at the same weight since October. Hopefully the meds your taking will kick in. Remember some meds can take up to 7 weeks or longer just to start effecting the body. Try & be patient if you can a little longer & give the meds a chance.

Happy Holidays Girlie! Hang in there!

I'm here for you with my big ol' heart, but since I left my zentner conversion chart at the spacelink craft center, I don't even know what you're talking about.

Hey, someone's getting their spunk back :P

Nope, Vines. Seems your band is working fine. Anyone able to live for weeks on 700 calories a day can attest to the band's ability to help in the appetite arena. Yes, you are able to eat less, you are satisfied on less food than pre-band, you are restricted, you don't have a leak, you are a great bandster. You just need to figure out how to get your body to listen to good reason. I'm hoping the thyroid meds will help. Keep us posted.

I was reading some famous person's interview who had just lost 35 pounds. I can't even remember who it was, but he said he'd been restricting his intake for a really, really long time with no results. Then suddenly he got on the scale one day and was down 35 pounds without realizing it. His comment made me think of you, "It was like my metabolism finally admitted defeat and said 'FINE ALREADY' and let go of the weight."

According to all your NSV's it seems that you are converting fat into muscle which weighs more, and then the good part is that once you have all your muscle building or rebuilding done, these are the very same critters that are going to take all that preparation and new thyroid support and burn the rest of the fat off probably faster that you could imagine (remain hopeful). And by the way, are you sleeping well? I found out that lack of the right kind of sleep can actually stress your body and not let it loose also. It amazes me to learn of all the factors that contribute to weight gain. Do you get aerobic? or does running to classes do that for you? I think you are in for a good surprise.

Girl, you have been so patient, I so admire your patience. With all of your trials and tribulations, you're still a role model to me. I wish you lived closer so I could give you a great big bear hug!

It took me all this time to figure out your question, duh. No, your situation isn't a complication in my opinion. Maybe we need a poll though. :P I'm gonna call you later.

Vines, I'm slower than most on here - I sympathize I think it should go under a new section called "frustrations" not complications - there's an idea for our site!

Anyways, I still think 31 lbs is pretty damn good and I'm so proud of you for that!!!!

oh yeah, also Vines, maybe you should change your calorie count eat day,,, I saw my surgeon for a check up today and he gave me a big lecture about how eating exactly the same amount of calories everyday (which is 1200 for me) is going to force my body into starvation mode and I wont lose. He said eat small amount 4 times per day and vary my calorie intake. i know you've probably heard this before and probably tried it before, but just telling you what my doc said.

It's a complication, I just don't think it's a lap band specific complication.

I'll be VERY interested to find out whatever it is they find out that helps you.