Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery a week ago today on 12/29/10...I am having severe left shoulder pain, it even hurts to breathe. Has anyone had this besides me & if so what is this & when will it go away? Thanks.

I had that kind of pain after my surgery (9/09) but I don't think it was that many days after surgery. They said it was due to being pumped full of gas for the laporscopic procedure, which may be your issue, even this many days post surgery. Call your doctor and have a nurse call you back -- they should have someone on their service after hours hopefully.

I had it so bad that a week after my surgery I went to the ER as occasionally my shoulder dislocates and I was sure that is what was wrong, but it was the gas from the surgery and after about 3 more days and a lot of gas-x strips and a lot of walking it finally went away. Man that gas they give you is a monster.

It could be gas since it's still so soon after surgery...but it could also be phrenic nerve pain from the band rubbing against the diaphragm (referred pain to the shoulder). I'm 1 year postop and still have it on and off whenever I'm lying down. Sometimes just an irritation. Sometimes, like tonight, enough to keep me awake.

I had my surgery a week ago today on 12/29/10...I am having severe left shoulder pain, it even hurts to breathe. Has anyone had this besides me & if so what is this & when will it go away? Thanks.

I was banded on 12/20 and my pain was so severe that I could not use the incentive spirometer (the pain would not let me take a deep breath) so on 12/27 I ended up in the ER with pneumonia. If a week after surgery, it is not better or it is getting worse I would call your surgeon's office see what they think. The gas x strips did not help much and the pain medicine helped a little. I have to admit I was not getting up and walking around a lot because of extreme fatigue (fibromyalgia). My pain basically went away about 12 days after surgery. Since it has been that long since your surgery I hope you are much better now. Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches