Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sinus Infections - SICK OF BEING SICK!

:sick Ok, so I've been sick for 6 weeks now with a horrible bacterial infection in my sinuses. I was put on antibiotics and after taking them for 10 days it returned worse than before. I am so sick of being sick! I have another Dr appt on Tuesday - but do any of you out there know of any other remedies outside of antibiotics? I just went to the store and got some garlic (apparently a natural antibiotic) and more Sudafed - I should by stock in the stuff! I'm also concerned with taking all these pills...have any of you had difficulty with pills getting stuck going through the band? They seem awfully large, and if I have a hard time swallowing them it seems it would be tough for them to get through the band too.

Any suggestions???:P

I feel your pain. I was sick from the middle of October through Thanksgiving with the same sort of thing. I did take antibiotics and they helped, but my cough didn't go away until I took narcotic cough medicine. Yuck!!

I don't have trouble taking pills, but I break big ones in half as a precaution anyway. Then I discovered the label on one of them (Tritussin) said to take whole--not chew--so I stopped breaking that one. It's about the size of a Tylenol caplet and went down OK. I think as long as you take them with plenty of Fluid and not right before bedtime, you'll be fine.

Drink LOTS of tea and stock up on Vitamin C. Feel better soon!!

Sorry your not feeling well. Go to your local Vitamin shop and get Olive Leaf. It is a natural antibiotic and works wonders for colds and flu. Take it at the first sign of trouble.

Roberta

Thank you both! I went to Dr and got a 2nd dose of stronger antibiotics and am feeling better again. Hopefully, it will kill this horrible mutant sinus infection that has taken over my life! :)

Go to www.sinusbuster.com and look at that product. My husband has chronic winter sinus congestion. Last year it worked into bronchitis, pneumonia and then an inflammation of the chest wall lining. I bought some of the sinus buster this year and he says it is really helping. If he goes a day or two without using it he starts to get congested. M:)

I have had chronic sinus problems for as long as I can remember. I was addicted to Afrin for years. My husband went on a hunting trip with one of his buddies & his buddy told him that when he snores at night, he sounds like he's drowning. Anyway he went on to tell him about this thing called a sinus pot. It is shaped like a genie lamp. You mix up this saline solution that comes with it & you flush your sinuses with it. It works. I am Afrin free & my husband no longer snores. I have not had a sinus infection in 2 years. You can get them in pharmacies like Walgreens or CVS.