Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SOS

BetsyJen
Sign in to follow this  

has anyone had the surgery and done well in the beginning, but once they fell off could NOT get back on? that is me, i am doing horrid!

i would love any suggestions!

I'm having a hard time getting back on track but I'm taking it one step at a time. First step--cut out the chocolate milk. That means keeping the Water in the fridge and not in the garage. Once I have that step worked out it's on to #2. Two is to make sure I log everything I eat in a journal whether I want to or not. It's what keeps me from eating too much since I'm a grazer. One website I go to frequently has a 12 Healthy Habits blog. They are working to change habits one month at a time such as January's is to eat 3 servings of fruits and vegetables. Next month's goal is to exercise more. That's how I'm doing it. One month at a time. Plus I'm going to go back over the paperwork with the diet plans the doctor's office gave me. I'm not going to let this get me down. Whenever I get depressed, I eat more, work out less and gain weight. That in turn gets me more depressed and it turns into a vicious cycle wherein I give up. I've lost 40 pounds since last March so I know I can do this. Just take it one bad habit at a time. If one month seems too long, take it one week at a time.

has anyone had the surgery and done well in the beginning, but once they fell off could NOT get back on? that is me, i am doing horrid!

i would love any suggestions!

I have no suggestions, but I am doing bad too. I lost 40 lbs very quickly, but for several months, I havent lost anything, and have gained some. I can eat way too much. I am afraid to go back to the dr. He told me last time, that I had to do better. But I want to eat all time, and I can eat lots more than I should. Help.

I have no suggestions, but I am doing bad too. I lost 40 lbs very quickly, but for several months, I havent lost anything, and have gained some. I can eat way too much. I am afraid to go back to the dr. He told me last time, that I had to do better. But I want to eat all time, and I can eat lots more than I should. Help.

I havent been back to the doctor in MONTHS..possibly almost a year! i absolutely am doing the SAME as you. I can eat whatever I want! To say I am frustrated is an understatment!

I think the first step would be to go back to the doctor to check to see if you need a fill. I know how it feels to go to the doctor and haven't lost a pound and you have to see the look of disappointment in the eyes. But, just take it as a grain of salt and get your fill. Go home thinking this is the last time I will ever go back to the doctor and feel this bad!

I havent been back to the doctor in MONTHS..possibly almost a year! i absolutely am doing the SAME as you. I can eat whatever I want! To say I am frustrated is an understatment!

Me too. I am trying hard today. I did the elipital for 5min. Great huh? I am going to do a little at a time, because I have a bad hip and back. That also hinders me. What are we going to do? I think my eating is in my head not my stomach. I am going to really try but I go back to Dr. Pinson Mon. I am scared, but I guess I will tell him my story and see what he says. My band fill help for a few days, but then I can eat everything again. I don't know why. I hate to talk to him because he intimidates me. But I guess I will try. I hope. I wish you a good day.

I don't understand the fear of going back to the doctor. Is it your doctor makes you feel like you can't go to him for an adjustment or is it some sort of guilt thing in your own mind? Part of having the band is keeping up with adjustments and diet. If you are eating too much or gaining weight don't feel bad, just go get and adjustment. If you don't use your band as it was intended you can't be as successful.

I think the first step would be to go back to the doctor to check to see if you need a fill. I know how it feels to go to the doctor and haven't lost a pound and you have to see the look of disappointment in the eyes. But, just take it as a grain of salt and get your fill. Go home thinking this is the last time I will ever go back to the doctor and feel this bad!

I don't know why, but this made me cry...thanks for the inspriation!

I don't understand the fear of going back to the doctor. Is it your doctor makes you feel like you can't go to him for an adjustment or is it some sort of guilt thing in your own mind? Part of having the band is keeping up with adjustments and diet. If you are eating too much or gaining weight don't feel bad, just go get and adjustment. If you don't use your band as it was intended you can't be as successful.

I read your statistics! Great job on reaching your goal!

Me too. I am trying hard today. I did the elipital for 5min. Great huh? I am going to do a little at a time, because I have a bad hip and back. That also hinders me. What are we going to do? I think my eating is in my head not my stomach. I am going to really try but I go back to Dr. Pinson Mon. I am scared, but I guess I will tell him my story and see what he says. My band fill help for a few days, but then I can eat everything again. I don't know why. I hate to talk to him because he intimidates me. But I guess I will try. I hope. I wish you a good day.

Same thing happens with me and the band fills...they help for just a few days! Good job on the eliptical.! I do hope your appt with your doc goes well!

Good day to you too!

I have a standing everymonth apointment with my dr. Sometimes I loose 12 pounds, last month I lost 2. But they really, really encourage me to come and see them. I would be really pissed if my dr. made me feel like I couldn't come see them. They are doing you a service, you are the customer, don't be ashamed. There are lots of reasons you may not be losing weight, the dr. office is the best place to figure out why. Hardest part is being honest with them and yourself. When they wanted to know what was going on with me last month I replied "no exercise... and....cookies!) Use your support groups. My clinic has several different classes dealing with exercise, nutrition, behavior modification and support group. If you think it is your habits and not the fact that you need an adjustment, you should look into it and see if there is other help out there for you. You're worth it, don't let the dr. make you feel like you are failing! Good Luck!

I have a standing everymonth apointment with my dr. Sometimes I loose 12 pounds, last month I lost 2. But they really, really encourage me to come and see them. I would be really pissed if my dr. made me feel like I couldn't come see them. They are doing you a service, you are the customer, don't be ashamed. There are lots of reasons you may not be losing weight, the dr. office is the best place to figure out why. Hardest part is being honest with them and yourself. When they wanted to know what was going on with me last month I replied "no exercise... and....cookies!) Use your support groups. My clinic has several different classes dealing with exercise, nutrition, behavior modification and support group. If you think it is your habits and not the fact that you need an adjustment, you should look into it and see if there is other help out there for you. You're worth it, don't let the dr. make you feel like you are failing! Good Luck!

I would say it is more me feeling guilty than the doctor not being nice about it! In the beginning I went lots...but the last year or so I slacked off!

You are doing well with your progress! Keep up the good work!

I don't know why, but this made me cry...thanks for the inspriation!

Sorry, didn't want to make you cry! But, I cried at the last appointment I went to with my old doctor, lol! I was so ashamed! While, I was making my next appointment I was standing at the window with tears just falling down my face like a big old fat baby!!!!!!!! That's when I joined the gym and changed doctor's! NEVER again! I am glad you doctor is encouraging though.

Why do you want to feel that way. Your doctor is there to help you. Go see him and get back on track sometimes you think you are hungry but my rule of thumb is if my stomach is not growling and just feels empty then I am not hungry. If you are just feeling empty drink a shake and dont eat.