Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dinner Help

Can anyone give me some advice on what to eat tonight for dinner. I'm on Stage 2, purred, but can start adding soft things in. I want a quick break from stuff Protein shakes and yogurt. I want something that is a little food like.

I'll be honest. I've been craving Mexican like, though that may not be possible.

What works besides babyfood, yogurt and cottage cheese.

Please help. Any recipes???

I made a Italian bake: cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, shredded parmesian. Mixed together put in a small baking dish, layer with a smooth jarred spagetti sauce. Baked in the oven.

Also I made egg whites in a frying pan at the very end added fat free cottage cheese with chives 1/8 cup. Makes a nice cheesy sauce for the eggs.

Sweet potato baked in the microwave. Scoop out the potato mash with fork, sprinkle with cinnamon, spritz with butter spray (maybe add some Splendra).

Canned chicken mixed with low fat laughing cow cheese (there are lots of flavors).

Some people get fat free refried Beans. I would avoid most mexican foods as they are unlikely to be soft or mushie.

why don't you try a albondigas Soup, black bean soup or pazole. Just whirl it in the blender a bit and you're set.

i was craving mexican too. i took the ff refried Beans and put a can rotel tomatoes with it. heated it up and added a bit of cheese. i have an emersion wand so i pureed it up and enjoyed the best beans of my life. it took me a couple of days to finish it off. but i enjoyed it. 1/4 cup at a time. i made some taco Soup for my family and i pureed it up also and added some Protein Powder to it and was in heaven. granted and i say again it was 1/4 cup at a time. i was full and satisfied. just be careful corn does not puree really well so i had to take it out. but i pureed everything my family ate. i have begun cooking on the light and low fat side. they dont know it and eat it up. Good luck on satisfying your cravings! :D

Can anyone give me some advice on what to eat tonight for dinner. I'm on Stage 2, purred, but can start adding soft things in. I want a quick break from stuff Protein shakes and yogurt. I want something that is a little food like.

I'll be honest. I've been craving Mexican like, though that may not be possible.

What works besides babyfood, yogurt and cottage cheese.

Please help. Any recipes???

Hey Newbie, if you've been craving Mexican food you may be able to handle some fat free refried Beans microwaved with a little shredded light cheese on top..mmmmm can be pinto Beans or black beans, but chew them thoroughly. what do you think?

If you would like some ideas on how to work your new tool to achieve maximum success with it you may want to join our Free call tomorrow night- Wednesday, January 5 . For more information or to regoster go to The 10 Lessons of Successful Lap Band Patients

Sounds amazing. Thank You!

I made a Italian bake: cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, shredded parmesian. Mixed together put in a small baking dish, layer with a smooth jarred spagetti sauce. Baked in the oven.

Also I made egg whites in a frying pan at the very end added fat free cottage cheese with chives 1/8 cup. Makes a nice cheesy sauce for the eggs.

Sweet potato baked in the microwave. Scoop out the potato mash with fork, sprinkle with cinnamon, spritz with butter spray (maybe add some Splendra).

Canned chicken mixed with low fat laughing cow cheese (there are lots of flavors).

Some people get fat free refried Beans. I would avoid most mexican foods as they are unlikely to be soft or mushie.

Thanks everybody. Lots of great responses. I will take them all. Boy do I need help. I'm a decent cook, but have no experience in this area at all. I'll have to re-learn everything.