Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just need to vent..

I'm reading all the posts here and I am crying. I need this surgery so bad and everything for me always goes so wrong. I'm feeling lonely and sad, I feel confused. My emotions are a roller coaster right now and I'm not sure why. The past few years have been pure hell for me. I don't even know where I would begin. I came here to this site all excited, I dove right in to commenting and posting,,trying to make friends for support. Just thinking, I'm going to learn so much about lapband..I'm going to be so sure that this is the right thing to do since I've tried everything else under the sun for my entire life. So excited that finally after years of horrible health that I just might have a chance at being happy and healthy and feel good about myself, that I would show them all and start getting respect. It's bad enough that I have to resort to surgery to get healthy but I can't believe I've let myself get to this. I've been having some problems with my bowels, passing alot of blood so I had to go to my gastro today, looks like I may be having surgery again..yeah, not my first surgery. I've had several and it's caused alot of adhesions in my abdomen so it appears my bowels are being tangled by the scar tissue. I've been in alot of pain, passing blood, irregular bm's, nausea, heart burn. We talked about the lapband, he thinks it's definitely for me but thinks I need to take care of this surgery on my bowels so I'm sure it'll be a while for me now..again. I wanted the surgery earlier last year but was having problems, ended up with my gallbladder being taken out. How long do I have to wait? I haven't even made it to the seminar yet! Has anyone here had surgery for whatever reason but still able to go on with the lapband and if not, how long will I have to wait after a surgery? It will be pretty invasive. I know they will do a scope to check it out then they'll probably go into the same incision where I had my csection and my hysterectomy, disect my organs and remove all the adhesions they can. Oh gosh, I hate even thinking about it. I'm so upset and so disappointed. I'm sorry to go on so much. I'm having a big pity party I guess. Thanks for letting me have this blank space to just lay it all out there.

Sorry you are having such a rough time. I really hope you are able to get some relief soon. I'll pray everything goes well for you with this surgery and you don't have to wait too long before your able to do the lap band surgery.

Bless your heart, peacequeen. You have been through so much and still going through. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

I do have a suggestion ... while you are recovering from this surgery why not seek counseling. Many insurances require a single session of counseling before lapband surgery. Lapband is not an "easy fix" AND it takes a while before you reach proper restriction. You can avoid a lot of frustration by seeing an obesity therapist that will give you tools to deal with each stage of weight loss after surgery. Add to that, you would have a place to vent, someone that will truly listen to you and how you are feeling, and by the time you are ready for lapband you will be relaxed and well informed and ready to succeed. I started counseling 8 months before my lapband surgery and continue to see my obesity therapist even now. It has been a tremedous help in understanding why I desire to eat when I am not hungry.

I started out a "slow loser" which, when you spend time on the post-op forum and see how many people lose 100 lbs in 7 months while you struggle, can mess with your head if you let it. I had to learn that this is a very personal journey and not to compare myself to anyone else. I started this journey with surgery on June 15, 2009 at a size 26. Today I wear a size 14/16 and still losing. I believe that I would still be struggling if I did not give myself the gift of therapy ... someone that was there just for me. Just a suggestion.

I hope everything works out well for you. Come here to "vent" any time. We are here to support you.

~Fran

Thanks to all of you. I'm feeling better now. I actually re read what I posted and am a little embarrassed of my ranting tantrum. I went to the seminar tonight and the surgeon informed me I would be a good candidate despite an autoimmune diesease I suffer from so that was one hurdle. I then asked the nurse about the surgery I may be having and how long it would hold up lapband and she said it wouldn't be long, maybe a month..2nd hurdle. I was told that I had to go through a 6 month pre diet program, that my insurance required it. I found that odd because I called the insurance company prior to going to the seminar and was told what the criteria was and that was not mentioned..hmmm Oh well, guess I'll have to do what I have to do.