Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I survived band removal surgery...

Shelly, you're too funny! And I probably will take an extra nip of the liquid Lortab because staying home on New Year's Eve bites!

I'm still running the fever and feeling quite poopy, but so thankful the creepy thing is out of my belly. Thanks everyone for your friendship. Happy New Year, and have a cocktail for me or a Jello shot, but don't tell anyone cause it's not like I ever did that!

Lisa- I was starting to worry but I knew you'd surface when you were ready/able.

Sorry to hear about the pain. Glad to hear you have good pain meds. To bad they actually have to kill the pain and not just be a little pick me up :-).

thanks for the update...

Megan

I wasn't going to say it, but nothing's really sacred around here anyway. I could really do without the diarrhea. Geeeeezzzz, enough already! Prolly TMI, but I know you're all dying for details, right?

I made a bad move by going on a 3 hour boat ride prior to surgery. Seasick, blah, crying on the boat, big baby. But we had 12 hours to waste, so we went on a whale watching cruise. The whales were nothing compared to the "country" of dolphin. My dad lives in Florida and has taken me dolphin watching many times, but I never saw them flying through the air in thousands, literally. Friggen amazing, even though I was quite green.

You guys didn't think DeLarla wouldn't find a way to sqeeze in at least some adventure, did you?

post-203981-13813132617641_thumb.jpg

One of my favorite dishes is Cioppino, which is really hard to find and takes too long to make. Here was Chris finishing off my "last meal." He couldn't even finish it!

post-203981-1381313261889_thumb.jpg

Those are beautiful Pics -- Wow the Dolphins are amazing Hopefully I one day will see them up close but no boat ride cause I would really turn green..

Is Chris eating 7 mares?? My husband and kids love it.. Not me to much of the sea in there. Especially the octupus and squid -- Shrimp and clams are ok..

yOu are amazing...with everything I can still imagin the smile on your face...I am so bummed that I was busy with hubby when the reunion was at your house because you would have been a great person to meet...hopefully next time...

Be well....

Hi Lisa,

I am sorry about your band. BUt I am happy that you are healthy and that the surgery is behind you. I will be thinking about you this weekend and wish you a speedy recovery. The pics are great.

Hugs,

Babs in TX

Glad you're back. Was there still infection in there that they could see? It's so hard to clear infection once it's in the body like that, and with all your port problems I'm not surprised at all that you ended up eroded. I'm sorry you had to go thru that. We'll all always be here to support you and your weight loss band or no band!

Jack, you crack me up! Chris shoved the bib back at the waitress though. He likes to marinate in his meal.

I asked for the Band, but Dr. Billy had no choice but to give it to Inamed. I don't know if there was any infection left - sure feels like there's infection even now. I feel really gross, but that's typical of me since my first band surgery.

Those pics really did turn out amazing. Chris warned me to stay off boats, but that's like telling my dog to stay away from the garbage. Fact is I had an entire day to burn with nothing but anxiety in my belly, so my goal was to stay occupied.

I’m so glad you went strait home, bummer about having to wait an hour for your meds. Thanks for calling me and taking my phone calls.

Folks when I called Lisa 18 hours after she had surgery, she sounded awful. All I could think about was Lisa should be up and walking….

Sweetheart I’m so glad everything is over and your home and I’m glad Chris went with you. He might be a knuddlehead sometimes and not always have the right thing to say but he Loves you.

Wow 2 hours without a word, that must be a record!

Great pics

I'm so glad that you are home and recovering. Know that I wish you all my best and hope you get to feeling better very soon.

Lots and lots of love to you