Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap band 12/31/2010

Hello,

I had my lap band put on yesterday (12/31/2010) and it feels weird. I am drinking broth, crystal light, Water and eating some Jello. My stomach feels so empty that when I drink I SWEAR I can feel and hear it it going down from the small pouch into my larger stomach. I don't feel nauseous at all, but my stomach sure is painful. My muscles hurt getting out of bed and out of a chair. And lastly I cannot tell from the pain in my stomach if its gas or its just sore from being manipulated. Anyone sharing these issues with me?

You are experiencing normal things. Where ever your port was put will hurt the worse and yes you can hear your stomach doing all sorts of things that you never heard before. Banding changes your bodies digestive system to perform in its normal state so being gasy may last forever and having a loud stomach may last forever however the pain you are feeling when getting up is the surgery. My port site hurt for about three months before it finally stopped. You will learn over time your body and what its doing. I had my first fill after a year and its causing me to salivate more that too shall pass I suppose. Its all a learning process.

Hello,

I had my lap band put on yesterday (12/31/2010) and it feels weird. I am drinking broth, crystal light, Water and eating some Jello. My stomach feels so empty that when I drink I SWEAR I can feel and hear it it going down from the small pouch into my larger stomach. I don't feel nauseous at all, but my stomach sure is painful. My muscles hurt getting out of bed and out of a chair. And lastly I cannot tell from the pain in my stomach if its gas or its just sore from being manipulated. Anyone sharing these issues with me?

I was banded on the 29 th and I went through the samething. It will get better the first two days were bad but today I woke up and I'm feeling so much better. Walking helped me out a lot.

I was banded on 12/28/2010. It was supposed to be same day surgery but the doctor discovered a small hernia during surgery and repaired it. I was in so much pain when I woke up that they decided to keep me overnight. I am still having a great deal of pain on my right side just below my right breast. If it were not for this pain I would be doing fantastic. I am very thankful that I was able to have the surgery. I was just not prepared for the amount of pain I would experience. Occasionally the pain subsides but not often and at times it takes my breath away, as though there is a gas bubble in my stomach that needs to come up and I try to make that happen but it usually does not and then the sharp pain subsides. I have no idea if this is normal or not but after 4 days it is starting to concern me. I am very excited that I am finally loosing weight. I even went through all of my summer clothes today and threw out all of my 22/24 shorts from last summer. I just pray that this pain is temporary and passes soon.