Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Taking New Years Day Reality Check Pictures

SpecialK
Sign in to follow this  

Well I am almost three years out on my lapband journey and had lost a total of 140 of the 200 total pounds I want to lose and I just hit a wall in 2010 with some very eventful, stressful things in life and I reverted to some old bad behavior of thinking okay, I can eat now and get through this stress, and then lose the weight if I can something later. Just get through the stress. Whoa! Was that really me thinking that -- I want to lose this last 60 lbs. I want to see the scale go below 199 for the first time in years and years. I want to finally lose the rest of my weight so that I can go ahead with my Tummy Tuck or whatever surgery I need to be able to accept what my body looks like when I am done. So, for all that history...on to a new year!

I took both pictures with front, back, side views today and its not so pretty! What was I thinking being so proud of my 140 lb loss and thinking I was just too cute in those smaller sizes and jeans! I want to get to even smaller sizes and smaller jeans!

Anybody else want to be accountable in 2011 and take photos today and then a year from now take photos again and see if we really meant our commitments? The only person I am really committing to is ME! Forget this thing that I let get back in my head that if I were to lose weight I'd finally find my dream man. I did find someone in 2010 and then just as I was getting brave enough to show my feelings, I lost my job where we were working together and he started dating someone else we worked with. Darn!

Okay, without posting ugly pictures here, I'm wearing Size L to XL Tshirts now and Size 18 in dress pants and Size 20 in jeans as of today. Can't wait to see where this new year of commitment takes me.

I don't think you meant to be mean spirited in your post. I do wish however that people who have lost a lot of weight would'nt talk about the "huge sized they wore before or how awful I looked at X weight". I know you are trying to motivate yourself and perhaps others but it can be demoralizing to people at the start of their journey. While I know I've lost a lot of weight (well over 110, I never had a scale before so it's hard to tell) it is frustrating to think that I still have a hundred to go.

I know I will probably get flamed for the above statement but if I feel this way I'd bet there are a lot of others who do as well.

I'm not saying people should'nt Celebrate their victories since it's good to hear success stories. I just think we all should be sensitive to how our statement could be taken by others.

Okay off my soap box.

All I can say is in time we will all be where we want to be. It takes time to get off of years we have put on. Thinking of being thinner and wanting to see yourself there is good but it can also be depressing when your not reaching your goal. One day or should I say one moment at a time.

SpecialK,

You have done so well and I love your attitude about the new year!!!

i think thats a great idea and i plan to take pics tonight...just for myself. i dont think i will wait a year but maybe 3 months just to see what the difference is. thanks