Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! 35 years old F 280lbs of fat ready to take that step towards Lap Band after years of back and forth! Initial meeting on 1/24/11 and go from there! Any help or advice out there!! Not much support here!!

-Kim

Boston

Hello! 35 years old F 280lbs of fat ready to take that step towards Lap Band after years of back and forth! Initial meeting on 1/24/11 and go from there! Any help or advice out there!! Not much support here!!

-Kim

Boston

are u from boston MA???? I havent seen anyone else on here from MA! My name is Mandy! I began my journey with the Lap Band (first intial visit was back in April 2010.) I was banded on 12/6. I was required to lose 15 before surgery! I am down almost 40 lbs and feeling really good! I began at 270 and have not been where I am now 230's since I had my son almost 6 yrs ago! I wish you the best of luck. My blog link is below! (Ever since I began my journey in April)....

Please keep me posted!

are u from boston MA???? I havent seen anyone else on here from MA! My name is Mandy! I began my journey with the Lap Band (first intial visit was back in April 2010.) I was banded on 12/6. I was required to lose 15 before surgery! I am down almost 40 lbs and feeling really good! I began at 270 and have not been where I am now 230's since I had my son almost 6 yrs ago! I wish you the best of luck. My blog link is below! (Ever since I began my journey in April)....

Please keep me posted!

Yes! I am from north of Boston!! Nice to meet someone! Do you regret surgery? I've tried ALL the diets and I'm done. I gotta do this for ME!!

-Kim

I don't regret the band for one second. I got banded on Dec 10th. I was expecting a lot of pain and always being hungry. But that hasn't been the case. I am full after eating 4oz and very minimal if no pain. My back hurt after. But I think it was because I was on my back for so long. I'm sure that metal surgery table didn't help. I have tried so many diets without any luck. You are starting with the a good attitude that your doing it for you. Good Luck to you. Go RedSox!!!

Chad

I don't regret the band for one second. I got banded on Dec 10th. I was expecting a lot of pain and always being hungry. But that hasn't been the case. I am full after eating 4oz and very minimal if no pain. My back hurt after. But I think it was because I was on my back for so long. I'm sure that metal surgery table didn't help. I have tried so many diets without any luck. You are starting with the a good attitude that your doing it for you. Good Luck to you. Go RedSox!!!

Chad

I don't want to regret my decision after I do the deed! I hope it all goes smoothly!! Where are you?? Good luck on your journey!

-Kim

Kim,

I live in Las Vegas. You will not regret it. Its the best choice I have ever made. I hope it goes smoothly for you. You need someone to talk to i think this is the best place. If you need anything let me know.

Chad

I had to do it for ME too! I have always been big...since my I had my daughter at 19...I had tried alot of things too..and I was able to lose about 20 lbs but plateau and then gain it back out of frustration.

I am so happy about my decision for WLS. I had surgery just about 4 weeks ago and I am down almost 20 lbs... almost 5 lbs a week. I feel so GOOD! I haven't felt this good in a long time! I have so much energy! I had to quit smoking and really focus on making me healthier!

I had my surgery done in UMASS in Worcester. Great team of Dr's...and really great support! It is nice to see someone from MA on here.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer..

Hello everyone

I'm Kelly--a first time poster, also from MA. I just started this process, after attending an orientation in December for Lowell General. I have my first appointment with the nurse practitioner this coming Monday. I'm really excited., and a bit nervous.

Where is everyone from? North Central Mass here. I would love to find local support.

Happy New Year everyone.

Kelly

Chad

Sounds like you have a great attitude!! Congratulations on your success so far!! Did you have many health problems that led you to the decision to be banded? Had you tried many other weight loss programs? I have an appointment for the seminar part in the next 2 weeks. I sure hope this is going to work out for me!!

Happy New Year!

God bless,

Jaleena :)

Hello everyone

I'm Kelly--a first time poster, also from MA. I just started this process, after attending an orientation in December for Lowell General. I have my first appointment with the nurse practitioner this coming Monday. I'm really excited., and a bit nervous.

Where is everyone from? North Central Mass here. I would love to find local support.

Happy New Year everyone.

Kelly

I am North Central too! Leominster/Fitchburg Area... Outside of Worcester!!!! Good Luck Monday. You will be fine! It is a bit of a long process but each hospital is different!!! Took me 8 months. My blog is below...I was banded on 12/6...best decision of my life!

Happy New Year!

I am North Central too! Leominster/Fitchburg Area... Outside of Worcester!!!! Good Luck Monday. You will be fine! It is a bit of a long process but each hospital is different!!! Took me 8 months. My blog is below...I was banded on 12/6...best decision of my life!

Happy New Year!

North of Boston here near Salem, Ma. Anxious to get this going!! My meeting isn't until 1/24. I've been going back and for with this for years, now it's time!! Keep posting so I know how everyone is doing! Thanks for saying HI!

-Kim

Sounds like you have a great attitude!! Congratulations on your success so far!! Did you have many health problems that led you to the decision to be banded? Had you tried many other weight loss programs? I have an appointment for the seminar part in the next 2 weeks. I sure hope this is going to work out for me!!

Happy New Year!

God bless,

Jaleena :)

I have sleep apnea and borderline diabetes. I have done Jenny Craig (2), Atkins, Low Fat and many others. The main thing was a picture last Christmas. It was of me and my two nephews. It was sad to see that picture. I lost an uncle 16 years ago. It still affects me to this day. I don't want them to go through the pain I have had to deal with. I'm not getting younger and started to look into the band. Good luck to you. It will work out for you if you are ready for the journey and and have support from those that are important to you. Happy New Year!!!

Chad

Happy New Year!

Hi Mandy,

I'm also in the Leominster/Fitchburg area--we're neighbors. Congratulations on your banding. I will check out your blog. Happy New Year!