Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Failed AGAIN.....in Denton, TX!

I really thought that I would be able to succeed with my band. I was banded in June 2009, by Dr. Fox in Dallas. I lost 50 lbs. I hit a plateau about a year ago and stopped losing. My old habits crept in...and I have gained 10 lbs. I have made an appt. with my aftercare, that will be Jan. 11. I really need to get rid of my "stinkin' thinkin" and pull up my "big girl" panties (pun intended..LOL) and get with the program!! I know the only thing that will help me is EXERCISE! I hate that word! I'm a mom of 3 who homeschools during the week and I work as an x-ray tech on the weekends! I feel like I'm on my feet all the time! Now that everyone has heard my "pity party", I will CHOOSE to change. I just need a good butt kickin' every once in awhile...any takers??

~Karen

Karen, I don't know that I want to do any butt kickin seems like you are doing a pretty darn good job of it all by yourself! You know what you've been doing wrong and you know what you're facing while correcting the problem, also you know that you want to correct it.

Get off the pity pot and get going! I too hate exercise, ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!!! however, because of my slightly deviant personality, I exercise every day and if I miss a day I double up the next, just to keep me focused and so that I can't make excuses for myself as to why it is ok to skip. I do exercise every day because if I don't tomorrow will never come for me. Even with the endorphins which make me feel good....I hate to exercise.

If I can do it so can you! Time to start taking some of that butt kickin attitude and lets get going! Wishing you the best of luck!

Go Karen, Go Karen!:o

I really thought that I would be able to succeed with my band. I was banded in June 2009, by Dr. Fox in Dallas. I lost 50 lbs. I hit a plateau about a year ago and stopped losing. My old habits crept in...and I have gained 10 lbs. I have made an appt. with my aftercare, that will be Jan. 11. I really need to get rid of my "stinkin' thinkin" and pull up my "big girl" panties (pun intended..LOL) and get with the program!! I know the only thing that will help me is EXERCISE! I hate that word! I'm a mom of 3 who homeschools during the week and I work as an x-ray tech on the weekends! I feel like I'm on my feet all the time! Now that everyone has heard my "pity party", I will CHOOSE to change. I just need a good butt kickin' every once in awhile...any takers??

~Karen

I dunno about butt-kicking either, but I can offer some suggestions:

1) Quit putting the words exercise and hate in the same sentence. Semantics yes, but words have great power. You can say I really dislike exercise or exercise is not my favorite activity, but quit telling yourself you hate it.

2) Find something that moves your body that you enjoy. Bike riding (with your kids?), Walking, Swimming (Denton is sure to have some indoor pools). Have you explored Zumba? The motto for Zumba is "Ditch the workout, join the party". I really enjoy Body Pump at my gym (it's for shaping and toning, not body building). I also do RPM (aka Spin aka Stationary Bike classes) which I don't really like, but I do it for the cardio and it's not too stressful on the joints.

3) not into group classes? Look at Leslie Sansone's "Walk away the pounds" DVD's. They're awesome. She's got a freebie session starting through ivillage.com soon. There are plenty of other DVD's of this type. Or if you have a Wii, try Wii Fit or I hear that Dance Dance Revolution is fun.

4) Look into behavior modification. I like Judith Beck's "Beck Diet Solution". It's not a diet per se, it's a book teaching how to get rid of negative thinking. While she focuses on food issues, there's no reason it couldn't be translated to exercise.

Proud of you that you see the need to change and that you're taking steps in that direction. You go girl!!

I dunno about butt-kicking either, but I can offer some suggestions:

1) Quit putting the words exercise and hate in the same sentence. Semantics yes, but words have great power. You can say I really dislike exercise or exercise is not my favorite activity, but quit telling yourself you hate it.

2) Find something that moves your body that you enjoy. Bike riding (with your kids?), Walking, Swimming (Denton is sure to have some indoor pools). Have you explored Zumba? The motto for Zumba is "Ditch the workout, join the party". I really enjoy Body Pump at my gym (it's for shaping and toning, not body building). I also do RPM (aka Spin aka Stationary Bike classes) which I don't really like, but I do it for the cardio and it's not too stressful on the joints.

3) not into group classes? Look at Leslie Sansone's "Walk away the pounds" DVD's. They're awesome. She's got a freebie session starting through ivillage.com soon. There are plenty of other DVD's of this type. Or if you have a Wii, try Wii Fit or I hear that Dance Dance Revolution is fun.

4) Look into behavior modification. I like Judith Beck's "Beck Diet Solution". It's not a diet per se, it's a book teaching how to get rid of negative thinking. While she focuses on food issues, there's no reason it couldn't be translated to exercise.

Proud of you that you see the need to change and that you're taking steps in that direction. You go girl!!

Great advice !!!!

Karen,

I am from Keller,Tx. My wife was banded nov a year ago. I was banded in oct. If u need someone to help u can always call on me.

Chris