Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having a really difficult time here! I started on protiens (Solid Food) does not have to be mushy, but soft and small enough that it won't get stuck!

I am only eating about 2 1/2 to 3 oz. I can't eat anymore than that!

Well today is day 4 of constipation! I called Dr office today b/c now I am at the point I CAN'T eat! I don't want to drink. I feel so sick to my stomach with pains. Past few days I have take a stool softner in the morning and Milk of Mag at night...(AND NOTHING)!! So, Dr told me to take Mirolax.

Anyone else have this trouble! I am 3 weeks post op and miserable. I am feeling good on the weight loss...just miserable inside!

Anyone else taken Mirolax before. I used to never have any problems with Constipation and I am not sure what to expect with this medication!

Ever heard the expression "Full of Sh*t" That is me at the moment! LOL

I am having a really difficult time here! I started on protiens (Solid Food) does not have to be mushy, but soft and small enough that it won't get stuck!

Well today is day 4 of constipation! I called Dr office today b/c now I am at the point I CAN'T eat! I don't want to drink. I feel so sick to my stomach with pains. Past few days I have take a stool softner in the morning and Milk of Mag at night...(AND NOTHING)!! So, Dr told me to take Mirolax.

Anyone else have this trouble! I am 3 weeks post op and miserable. I am feeling good on the weight loss...just miserable inside!

Anyone else taken Mirolax before. I used to never have any problems with Constipation and I am not sure what to expect with this medication!

Yes I had the same problem, and still do to some degree. I took 2 tabs of Senokot, then the next day I took two more. I had some impaction, and literally had to "dig" it out. Sorry for being gross. I was told that it take awhile to get your bowels moving again, and that we are also eating less food. I had surgery in Sep, and have gotten stuck 3 times. I'm trying to drink more Water, and take maybe a total of two Senokot a week, it seems to be helping. I know how you feel, and it is miserable. I have not taken Mirolax before, let me know how it works for you. And good luck.

I have had to do the exact same thing as missjoany, so even tho gross I know where you are coming from. I also was banded in Sept., and only had the one impaction, and from that day on I take 2 stool softeners every night since and have had no trouble. It does seem to take a while to get things moving like they should, but eventually it does happen and everything gets back to normal. If you have to - use a suppository, they usually work immediately. Good Luck!

I have the same problem!!!! I took Milk of Mag last night and OMG I was up every 5 min, and even lost 4 lbs. Maybe you need to take a little more of it, I take 3 tbls and drink a glass of Water, in about 2 hours you better be close to a bathroom lol.

I am not at that point. I am still on liquids. But prior to surgery I was always constipated and I took Miralax 5 times a week to keep me going. I also took fiber gummies and was eating fiber one bars (not sure if I will be able to eat those when I get to real food, I hope so). But the miralax works well, and I was told taking that daily is a lot better than taking stool softeners daily, they can lead to liver problems with continued use.

My bowel movements have definitely changed after this surgery! Not even the morning cup of coffee does it for me anymore! I have started to take chewable fiber tablets and do everything I can to keep hydrated throughout the day. I also have added a significant amount of Beans to my diet to help too.

I am having a huge problem with Constipation. I was banded on Dec. 6th and I needed to take a laxative three times already....several days in a row. I have used Mirolax but it was very slow to work so I tried Dulcolax......that was a mistake!!!!! It made me go and go and go all night long.

Well I took 2 doses of Mirolax last night (1 about 5:30pm and again about 9pm) Still nothing, so more this morning with a cup of coffee and STILL NOTHING! This is awful! I really need my fruits and veggies to help! But can't have those for another week! AHHHHH!!!!

I am just glad to know I AM NOT ALONE!!! LOL

After you get this Constipation problem solved with stronger stuff start eating 1 or 2 fiber gummies every day. It has been a life saver for me. I use the vitafusion brand from Target. They are very easy to chew up , sugar free and taste great.

You may need to use a suppository to get things to soften up from that end.