Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New at this ...

Hello,

My name is Jaleena and I live along the coast of NC. Like most of the postings I've read, I am trying to make a decision regarding lapband surgery. At almost 50, my options for weight loss seems to be running out and my doctor has suggested this route. I've stumbled across this forum by googling - hoping that this might answer some of the questions I have.

I've had a weight problem for all of my adult life - both of my parents were obese and I know that I use food as a stress reliever. I have 2 grown children and just recently became a grandmother! As a Christian, I struggle with viewing my weight issues as faith issues and see it as another failure in my life.

So, talk is good and I have never been afraid to talk and I do plan on listening - or reading - any ideas of where to start? Had my first visit to the cardiologist for EKG and an appointment for a stress test on the 30th of this month - what a way to head into 2011. I covet your prayers.

God bless,

Jaleena

weight.png

Hello,

My name is Jaleena and I live along the coast of NC. Like most of the postings I've read, I am trying to make a decision regarding lapband surgery. At almost 50, my options for weight loss seems to be running out and my doctor has suggested this route. I've stumbled across this forum by googling - hoping that this might answer some of the questions I have.

I've had a weight problem for all of my adult life - both of my parents were obese and I know that I use food as a stress reliever. I have 2 grown children and just recently became a grandmother! As a Christian, I struggle with viewing my weight issues as faith issues and see it as another failure in my life.

So, talk is good and I have never been afraid to talk and I do plan on listening - or reading - any ideas of where to start? Had my first visit to the cardiologist for EKG and an appointment for a stress test on the 30th of this month - what a way to head into 2011. I covet your prayers.

God bless,

Jaleena

weight.png

Just got the date for the seminar I have to attend before I can proceed. I'm looking forward to hearing all the information as I hope it will answer my questions. I've added the ticker - feel like it's another step to becoming a healthier person.

God bless,

Jaleena

So glad to hear u got the seminar info. That is the first step. I pray that things go good for you. I am getting banded on Jan. 11th.

God Bless.

Hello my new friend, I am 38 years old and have been overweight my whole life and as a kid I was "big boned" haha. I truly understand how you feel. I struggle with failure issues. I have posted scriptures in hopes to get it into my thick skull but honestly I think God is leading me to this. As long as we live in these imperfect conditions and bodies we will struggle (some of us more than others). My mom is overweight also and unfortunately I got some eating habits from her (emotional eating, stress eating). She was born and raised in Germany, very poor and food makes her happy. She is now very unhealthy (actually in hospital as i write this). She has asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes and anxiety disorder. I am headed for same if I dont get my weight under control. Thanks for listening. I have my initial dr appt 1/11 with my primary to discuss Lap Band. I pray she is on board with me. Take care and I will pray for us every night ....................now if only I could learn how to do the ticker thingy

Hello my new friend, I am 38 years old and have been overweight my whole life and as a kid I was "big boned" haha. I truly understand how you feel. I struggle with failure issues. I have posted scriptures in hopes to get it into my thick skull but honestly I think God is leading me to this. As long as we live in these imperfect conditions and bodies we will struggle (some of us more than others). My mom is overweight also and unfortunately I got some eating habits from her (emotional eating, stress eating). She was born and raised in Germany, very poor and food makes her happy. She is now very unhealthy (actually in hospital as i write this). She has asthma, high blood pressure, diabetes and anxiety disorder. I am headed for same if I dont get my weight under control. Thanks for listening. I have my initial dr appt 1/11 with my primary to discuss Lap Band. I pray she is on board with me. Take care and I will pray for us every night ....................now if only I could learn how to do the ticker thingy

Good morning from NC!!

We still have snow on the ground...yeah snow...something that never happens here but it started snowing Christmas night and snowed all day the next and temps are just now getting warm enough for some of it to melt!! Goodbye snow is all I can say!! It's beautiful but one day is enough!! :D

Yep, I've always been told that I'm big boned and that I carry my weight so well.....what people don't know is that for the most part - the carrying it has been in pain. My knees give me troubles constantly, I also have RLS and have torn calf muscle, and so many other issues that are all from my weight. I can't wait to be pain free one day. I grew up with my mom constantly hurting and I watched the pain begin to show in her walk about 10 years before she passed. My husband told me the other night that he sees me beginning to walk like her. (sad part is that I noticed it a few weeks ago myself.)

So with that said, sounds like we have to look to HIM for our strength. I am so blessed the my primary care doctor is an awesome Christian man and he quotes scripture to me each time I see him. I even asked the clinic that I called yesterday for the seminar appointment if any of their doctors were Christian. The lady on the phone said she understood why I asked and that she was sure I would know that answer when I read the information she was sending me.

So first step check!!

Hope you have an awesome day!

God bless,

Jaleena

So glad to hear u got the seminar info. That is the first step. I pray that things go good for you. I am getting banded on Jan. 11th.

God Bless.

Jessica,

Thanks for the encouragement. Wow, looks like you are doing good before the surgery - you've lost a lot of weight already! Did you have to do it in order to have the surgery? I've read different reports and was just wondering!!

I am really looking forward to this adventure and hope that I will remember to give all of the glory to the Lord!

God bless and keep in touch!

Jaleena :)

oh...the ticker thing - just right click on someone's and it will take you to the page where you can make your own. It took me a while too! I or go to www.tickerfactory.com and click on the weightloss link about midway the page and set up your own. Then you have to copy and paste the code into the page you're on. Hope this helps!