Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post op and made it through Christmas!

Well I'm 5 days out and made it through Christmas and it's gatherings!! I didn't cheat once and in so proud of myself! I stuck to this full liquid diet. I have my first week follow up appointment with my surgeon on Monday and I'm hoping he moves me on to mushies!! I wanted so bad to eat crab cakes, mashed potatoes, and dressing but I couldn't. What did your doctors move you to after your first week? I'm eating pudding and yogurt but I'm getting hungry between meals and I have a small fill. Like 1.5 cc. I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!

Good Job! I'm 5 days post op too. I went over my parent house today and my mom had made Soup for me, so I ate the broth, there was other stuff there and I was tempted, but I held my ground. Luckily I was at least able to move on to shakes (after being on Clear liquids since surgery), that at least filled me up a little more and I was able to get more Protein in. Not sure how your doctor works it, but I won't be able to go to mushies, until the earliest next Monday (2 weeks post op), if you are allowed lucky you. My mom had made matza ball Soup and I so wanted one, I figure when I am on mushies I can kind of blend one, so she sent me home with a box.

I go for my post op on Wednesday and have to remember to ask what size is the band and if there is anything in it. I never asked before surgery and I did not see him after surgery

Congrats to the both of you! Physicians have different patterns of how they progress you towards food. :D Remember sugar free candies have their place, but they bring no nutritional value and if eaten in the wrong amounts can also stop the weight loss. I am weak when it comes to candy and chocolate so I avoid them at all costs and do not even touch them as I can never eat one or two...Have a great holiday!

I'm 10 days post op and have stayed on track as well. I was moved to mushy foods on my 1 week post op and the dr said to eat whatever I was cooking for my family, just stick it in the food processor. So, we had ham, mashed potatoes and veggies. I processed the ham with a very tiny bit of gravy and then did the veggies seperately. I have to say, it is nice to be able to eat "normal" foods. It looks nasty, but tastes and feels like real food lol! Obviously every dr is different, but that's my experience. Good luck!

i am 5 days post op. i am on Clear Liquids and can move to full liquids with a bit of texture Tuesday. They said on Tuesday i can move to Cream of Wheat and pudding if it is soupy enough. nothing really thick. I been getting my Protein in my broth by adding my Protein Powder so that really helps. i too made it through 2 Christmas gatherings and it was tough. i had to get up and walk outside. i have been able to handle it so far but we were having spaghetti and garlic bread and i had to go. they were cooking it while we were there. but i just went and walked to get them smell out of my nose. i told my husband i was hungry when i got home. i drank me some juice and went to bed. i feel better this morning.

Hi All-

Happy holidays to everyone! I am 4 days post op and am on the liquid diet..protein shakes with Water... broth and Jello. To be honest I am not really hungry at all, and lack of calories makes me tired pretty quickly. Today the soreness has really subsided in my abdomen, and I feel great!

Next week I am allowed the 2 shakes of course along with pureed Soup and yogurt for dinner, I am a little nervous to do any "real" food as I don't want it to get "stuck", which I guess means I would throw it up. I can tell when I take too big a bite of the Jello as it feels very tight going down and get that weird pain in my left shoulder. I am down 17 lbs already as I went on pre op diet and lost 13 to start, We should all stay in contact as we are about the same time frame for our ops.

Good luck and stay in touch!