Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 days post op and cheated:( on holidays!!

Aren't you glad to hear about all us cheaters???? LOL

My husband and daughter try to scold me when when they can tell I am thinking about grabbing something more solid than BROTH! I tell them to try consuming no calories for nearly 2 weeks and see how they feel!

I have stolen some thin mashed potatoes yesterday and tonight I had a few bites of noodles (chewed well) and I am absolutely fine. I will still try to stick to the prescribed diet as much as possible, but if I'm not feeling well I"m going to slip in a few bites in to get through, very cautiously.

Mattie, why woudl u do that to yourself? i mean..the surgery costed money, time and sacrifce..you endengared your life..and u got it because ur not healthy at the moment..why would u sabotage yourself?? If your not feeling well..take Protein, Vitamins, cream Soups, refried Beans, sft scramble eggs, mashed avocado, chili, etc..why risk with food that can get stucked?Just trying to understand why would u go thru this procedure that risks ur life to only sabotage it yourself?please dont take my post as a mean, rude or nothng like that..its a sincere honest question that i had since getting banded

Oh no offense taken. I'm being very careful, really. The soft noodles were just a few, and I only took them because that's all that was soft enough looking in the house after my daughter drank the emergency Protein drinks!!!. I'm not "eating" only but a small amount when I am feeling overly starving or dizzy from no calories. It's definitely not my goal to cheat and the staple of my diet is still....popsicles and broth!!!! let's not forget the Jello.....

Mattie, why woudl u do that to yourself? i mean..the surgery costed money, time and sacrifce..you endengared your life..and u got it because ur not healthy at the moment..why would u sabotage yourself?? If your not feeling well..take Protein, Vitamins, cream Soups, refried Beans, sft scramble eggs, mashed avocado, chili, etc..why risk with food that can get stucked?Just trying to understand why would u go thru this procedure that risks ur life to only sabotage it yourself?please dont take my post as a mean, rude or nothng like that..its a sincere honest question that i had since getting banded

Don't beat yourself up, but do remember that you are still healing. Most likely, your surgeon folded a piece of the stomach around your band to hold it in place and this needs some time to heal. Getting stuck on food will not help that.

Not all doctors require a liquid diet postop so obviously it's not a life and death situation but you run the risk of getting stuck on something while you're still swollen.

Make sure you're getting all your Protein in. If you don't like the Protein drinks, they do make Protein 'shots' that come in various fruity flavors. You can shoot them straight or blend them with Water. I blended mine with Water and then just sipped on it all morning.

If you're still in a stage where you should be eating mushies or soft food, try thick cream based Soups. The fat in the Soup will satisfy you and help with your hunger.