Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on the 23rd

Hi, I was banded on the 23rd and so far I am doing OK. The only problem is that I have a lot of pain on my left side and my stomach looks weird!! I guess its still a bit sowllen. It hurts whenever I move or take a deep breath. I am assuming this is normal. I think I had unrealistic expecatations for after the surgery. I have had 2 C sections, and my gall bladder removed and I dont remember being in this much pain.

On the bighter side, I am not hungry, am dealing OK with the liquid diet, and I ahve lost a total of 17 lbs since the liquid diet 2 weeks ago. Once this pain goes away, I will be on my way!

Did anyone else experience this type of pain?

Totally normal! It will get better every day. My tummy looked like a basketball for a few days after surgery.

Totally normal! It will get better every day. My tummy looked like a basketball for a few days after surgery.

THanks so much for replying. Hearing from you makes me feel so much better. How do you feel? YOu are just a few weeks ahead of me. How is it eating real food?

Its fine. Getting the timing right has been a challenge. I can't drink 30 mins before of after so I'm using my iPhone timer to keep menin check. I eat 1/4 cup three times a day plus two Protein Shakes. I am avoiding sugar and just try to eat Protein first. It's not much food but I'm not hungry either. I kind of have to force myself to eat.

I feel great. My steri strips are still one but apart from that I don't even feel like I had surgery.

It gets better every day. The first few days were rough so just hang in there!

I was banded on the 23rd too. Same conditions going on here. Gas pains in the left shoulder, but not so much today. Soreness in the tummy. but again better than yesterday. Trying to drink lots of Water and Protein. So happy that the surgery is over and the new me is going to start in the new year. Yay for all of us out there. Keep me posted on your progress. Good luck and happy losing. B) From Sunny Florida

I was banded on the 23rd too. Same conditions going on here. Gas pains in the left shoulder, but not so much today. Soreness in the tummy. but again better than yesterday. Trying to drink lots of Water and Protein. So happy that the surgery is over and the new me is going to start in the new year. Yay for all of us out there. Keep me posted on your progress. Good luck and happy losing. B) From Sunny Florida

Yes, drinking a lot here too, mostly gatorade and broth. How are you getting Protein in? THe only protein I am getting is from the homemade chicken broth. The gas is not so bad, its just that one place on my tummy. Its getting better. Cant wait for the clear liquid stage to be over!

Keep me updated on your progress, looking forward to hearing how you make out! Good Luck and enjoy the sunshine in FL. ITs freezing here in CT!!

Howdy from Houston- I was banded on the 21st.. my upper abdomen it still swollen but is subsiding every day. I have found that GasX strip are my new best friend as they help with the gas, as does walking around, (that is causing the pain in your left shoulder). Jello, chicken broth and the Protein shakes are what I am on now.. I am not really hungry at all however.

Good luck.. it will get better.

Howdy from Houston- I was banded on the 21st.. my upper abdomen it still swollen but is subsiding every day. I have found that GasX strip are my new best friend as they help with the gas, as does walking around, (that is causing the pain in your left shoulder). Jello, chicken broth and the Protein shakes are what I am on now.. I am not really hungry at all however.

Good luck.. it will get better.

THanks! I am so done with the clear liquid stage. I cant look at another Jello or bowl of broth! Ihave a few more days until I can have the shakes and the creamy stuff. Looking forward to that!

I still have this pain in my upper belly on the left side. Its slowly getting better, but its not gas. It feels more muscular and sore. I am hoping its normal.

Good luck to you, and keep in touch, Woudl love to hear how your progress is going!

LORI

Ugh.. me too. And me too also on the next stage, dont think Ive ever looked so forward to a can of Tomato soup!. I went out and about today for the first time to run errands.. and am pretty exhausted now. Also, my stupid bra was causing me pain.. hahaha, Anyway. I thnk the muscular pain on the left side is normal.. I quit taking the pain meds on Saturday... and am sore there as well.. am thinking that is the general area of the port perhaps and reaidual from the incision and cut into the abdomen? But of course ask your doc if you feel worried. Plus I think I have pushed it with bending over a lot. I am not very hungry, how about you?? I found out today that I have 10cc band and it is filled about 3cc. Hope you are feeling better.. if not take some pain meds.. better living thru chemistry :) I am down 19 lbs today.. am pretty ecstatic about that! How about you?

Keep in touch.

Cheers-

Kelli

Hey Kelli,

Sorry I somehow did not see your reply until now. How are you doing on the next stage? Are you hungry? I am doing OK so far. Not very hungry...but still manage to eat!!!

I thinik its great that you are down 19 lbs. I am down 23 all together, but I havent lost anything since I started to add food back in. How about you? HAs your weight loss slowed down? I am a bit frustrated by it. I got so used to losing almost a lb a day!! I know its now realistic, but it was nice!

I hope you are doing well. Let me know how its going!

To everyone else, I hope you are all doing well and continue to have success. Keep in touch and let me know how its going...the support on this site is great and really helps!

~LORI

Hi Lori, remember me. I too was banded on the 23rd. Things are going great with me. I'm down 25 as of yesterday. I don't weigh everyday, don't want to get frustrated in anyway. LOL I'm in the mushie stage too. Not finding it as difficult to find things to eat as I thought I would. I'm counting calories and Protein and trying real hard to make good food choices so I don't gain before getting my first fill. I get that on February 1 and can't wait. I have found that I'm not looking at food the same way as I did before. How about you? Hope to hear from you soon. B) From Sunny Florida

Hey Kelli,

Sorry I somehow did not see your reply until now. How are you doing on the next stage? Are you hungry? I am doing OK so far. Not very hungry...but still manage to eat!!!

I thinik its great that you are down 19 lbs. I am down 23 all together, but I havent lost anything since I started to add food back in. How about you? HAs your weight loss slowed down? I am a bit frustrated by it. I got so used to losing almost a lb a day!! I know its now realistic, but it was nice!

I hope you are doing well. Let me know how its going!

To everyone else, I hope you are all doing well and continue to have success. Keep in touch and let me know how its going...the support on this site is great and really helps!

~LORI

Hi Lori, remember me. I too was banded on the 23rd. Things are going great with me. I'm down 25 as of yesterday. I don't weigh everyday, don't want to get frustrated in anyway. LOL I'm in the mushie stage too. Not finding it as difficult to find things to eat as I thought I would. I'm counting calories and Protein and trying real hard to make good food choices so I don't gain before getting my first fill. I get that on February 1 and can't wait. I have found that I'm not looking at food the same way as I did before. How about you? Hope to hear from you soon. B) From Sunny Florida

Hey Linnie, I remember you. We are on the same schedule. I am finishing up the mushie stage and slowly trying new food. So far there is nothing I cant eat which is scary. I too am hoping not to gain before my first fill. Its great that I lost the 23 lbs, but it was by eating NOTHING! Now that I am putting food in my diet I am afraid to gain. Looking forward to the fill so I will begin the weight loss again.

Today I went out to lunch with friends and the kids. I had some eggplant parm and no Pasta. It wasnt diificult to stay away from the Pasta, but it was nice to eat the eggplant like a normal meal.

I look forward to hearing from you, keep on losing!!

~LORI