Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couple post op questions

I am 4 days post op (banded on the 20th). Is it really bad at this stage on Clear liquids only to not be getting your Protein in? I am only getting like maybe 20 g per day. Every liquid Protein I have tried makes me want to vomit. I tried the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored and it too makes me want to vomit. It was suggested the baratric eating unflavored one does not have any taste, but uh yeah it does and it is nasty. I have been trying to have the Unjury chicken broth at least once a day, but I either am not hungry or don't want to eat. I am having like 1/2 a serving right now, but I really don't want it. Tomorrow I can try to switch to Protein shakes and I will be getting a lot more Protein, as long as I can handle them ok, so getting it now is not going to be detrimental, right?

Also I keep having an uncomforatble feeling in my throat at the back of it sometimes and sometimes like mid sternum, and it is not usually associated with eating (well drinking) something. Has anyone else had this? I did have a hiatal hernia repair too, not sure if it has to do with this.

Also gas pain, how long does it usually last, I have been taking the gas x, and it seems to have helped, I did not really notice it the first couple days, but last night and today my left shoulder has been sore, I tired a heating pad last night and it helped a little for the time being. I have been passing gas, which made me think I was getting rid of all the gas. I may go to the mall today just to walk, though it is going to be crazy crowded.

So on day 4 post op, I seem to be down another 6 lbs, which I am happy about. Actually I was happy pre surgery too, because the pre op diet got me to a number on the scale that I have not seen in probably 10 years. The thing that sucks is when I was a bit heavier than this I was wearing a smaller size, I had gained weight back and when I did it like all went to my butt and it does not seem to want to leave. Hopefully it will soon. I think I am going to go get a couple pairs of new scrubs today in the next size down and wait for the day when my ass will fit in them.

Sorry for going off on another topic, but if you can answer my questions, Thanks.

Today is 2 weeks post op for me. I also had the haital hernia repair.

As for the protien shakes I don't know if these are the best for you but they at least taste really good to me. they are like individual sized ones from costco. It's called Premier Protein. I think they taste really good!

As for the pain in the shoulder I had mine really bad also and the only thing that helped me was the gas x and laying down. But it does go away more and more each day! That's the only thing I can really tell you. I still had a little yesterday so mine even still hasn't gone away completely 2 weeks out.

Hope this helps! and congrats and good luck with everything.

Well I can't start the shakes 'til tomorrow at the earliest. The nutritionist said if I was doing ok with the liquids at 5 days I could go to full liquids. So I am going by that. I already have shakes ready to go. Got some Unjury ones and A Vitamin Shop one that is pretty good, I also have a bunch of EAS lite Cookies and cream pre made ones in the fridge.

Wow, so the gas pains could last for 2 weeks or more, that sucks.

I was banded on the 20th too. At first I was so miserable. I felt like this was a huge mistake and was wondering what the heck I was thinking. Being Christmas time with food around doesn't help lol. Anyway, I started full liquids the next day. I just started drinking carnation instant Breakfast chocolate flavor mixed with 1% milk and it's great! Makes me feel full for a while. That's the only way I've been getting in Protein bc the whey Protein shakes suck! I've also been sipping the Soup part out of chicken noodle Soup bc plain chicken broth is grossing me out lol.

As far as gas pains, mine have really died down. My fiancé and I just closed on our house yesterday so I've been doing lots of walking around and cleaning so that has prob helped tremendously. The more you walk the better you'll feel. This is coming from the girl that called her mother crying bc she was afraid she was going to die in the middle of the night lol. I'm a drama queen when it comes to pain. Speaking of, take your pain medicine!! I only take mine at night and it gives me crazy dreams but it helps.

I hate feeling bloated too. I look fatter in my stomach than I did before surgery lol. I see my surgeon for my one week check up on Monday and I'm wondering if he's going to let me go to puréed foods. I would poop butterflies to be able to eat some mashed potatoes and gravy and some applesauce lol. I hope you feel better soon and I hope I as well as everyone else newly banded feels better soon. This thing has to work right?? lol. Sorry for the novel!

Merry Christmas!

Amber the dreams are crazy!!!!i had them rwto nights in a row and wow!!!i woke up several times thinking what the hell was that lol!