Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Symptoms ... ?

Could you have a pouch dilatation without having any symptoms?

I'm so scared that I could stretch out my pouch...I think I may be psyching myself out but you never know. I think for the most part I do good on my portion sizes and I stop eating when I'm full/satisfied. I try not to over do it but sometimes I'm just not sure. I don't have any of the symptoms that come along with a streched out pouch but I haven't lost any significant weight in a few months. I did have an unfill of 2.5ccs in October because I was too tight. I've felt "looser" ever since and I've been trying to get back some of that restriction I had before. I go back to see my doctor in a few weeks...but I just wanted to know if I could be dilated without any symptoms?

Thank You,

~*S

I had thought the same thing several months back so I went for a fill to make sure everything was okay. When I went under fluroscope,everything was fine. It really eased my mind. I think you are probably fine, too. If you're worried, though, definitely go see!

I had a dilation and believe me, you would know something was wrong! You sound like you need a tiny fill. Maybe they could give you 0.5cc's and see how it goes. By all means, get a fluroscope test if you really are anxious about it. My symptoms of dilation were: not keeping anything down, constant heartburn, coughing and chocking at night, and stomach pain. I needed to be re-operated and have a new band put in. Not fun. All from being too tight. When they took out 2.5 cc's they probably took out too much... Keep going back until you are losing 1-2 pounds a week. It's not fast, but if you are patient it stays off that way.

Good luck on your journey!

Okay, so no dilatation...and I'm still getting small fills every month. Hoping my next fill, which is in a few weeks does the trick :)

I'm 3yrs out as of 1/21. I had an in office emergency unfill, something my dr does not do. I was so afraid my band would slip I insisted. That week my insurance changed and did NOT cover my band. So I went from March 23 2011 empty. Gained 30 pounds I'm going for fluro and possible adjustment if all is ok. I'm freaking out because I am afraid I may have a stretched pouch or my band may not be where it should be or a thousand other possibilities.

Are there any symptoms I should be looking for, for any of these things other than I can eat like a horse?