Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cooking Like a Mad Woman!!

Ever since I began my pre-op diet on November 8, I have been cooking like a mad woman! Before that, I hated to cook. I'm wondering if this is some therapeutic way of me dealing with not being able to eat like I once did. Today, I have baked about 6 dozen Cookies. I have a turkey meatloaf in the oven and some chicken in the crock pot!! No one in this house will eat the meatloaf and chicken but me! See, cooking like a mad woman!! Has this happened to you?!?!?

Ever since I began my pre-op diet on November 8, I have been cooking like a mad woman! Before that, I hated to cook. I'm wondering if this is some therapeutic way of me dealing with not being able to eat like I once did. Today, I have baked about 6 dozen Cookies. I have a turkey meatloaf in the oven and some chicken in the crock pot!! No one in this house will eat the meatloaf and chicken but me! See, cooking like a mad woman!! Has this happened to you?!?!?

Well ... kind of ... I hated to cook before banding. But, because 1) I hate wasting money buying fast food that I cannot eat (and don't want the leftovers); 2) It is important to me now to have "clean" food ... food that isn't full of fat and preservatives; 3) I LOVE the Foodnetwork and Bravo for their cooking contest shows; and 4) I really want to lose the weight and the best way for me to do that is to eat healthier. So, I cook virtually ALL my meals. I love to bake (thanks to "Top Chef Just Desserts"). I give the things I bake to family and friends mostly -- I do have a cookie or cupcake, won't lie about that. But I really love experimenting with the recipes. I now make THE BEST red velvet cupcakes! Ask my family! LOLLL!

But, yes, I do cook a lot more now than I ever did. When I eat chicken it MUST be boneless and skinless ... NEVER imagined THAT would happen. I eat more veggies than I ever have. And, the kicker is that I am enjoying it! Who knew! YAY BAND!

Happy Holidays!

~Fran

I have been cooking alot too! Today I made a lazy lasagna (no pasta).. I made a roast dinner the other day, along with a nice boiled dinner last week. We made christmas Cookies and decorated them. I have also been home now 3 weeks! I am bored out of my mind, so I need something to do! I am going back to work next Monday, I can't wait!!!!

I just started eating solids (2 1/2 weeks post surgery now)..So even though I am cooking ( I couldn't eat it)! But today I did have some lazy lasagna for lunch! It was delish!

I know what you mean mandyb about being bored. I am a college student and full time mother and wife and we are on break. I feel like I am bored out of my mind , I also like to cook more now, I have always enjoyed cooking, but was too lazy to do it. I now have more energy and cooking and walking give me something to do :)

I too am a mother of 3, and I work full time as a Case Manager for Adults with developmental disabilities! I am usually on my feet, busy busy busy! I have never been home for a long period of time! (NEVER 3 weeks). I take days off here and there, but not weeks at a time!

Anyways lazy lasagna, 1 lg can spagetti sauce, 1/2 lb ground beef, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese (Handful), parm cheese1/4 Cup, and 1 can red Beans (I know sounds weird, but full of protein).

Cook up beef- use spices to your preference (I use Adobo and garlic salt and italian seasoning) when cooked mix in the Beans and warm them up.... Mix Ricotta, Mozzrella and Parm cheese together.

I don't like the beans (So I blend the beef and beans and a little sauce so its mushy and moist and I can't see the beans...LOL) .

Make up your sauce any way you like.

Layer meat, sauce, ricotta mix, meat, sauce, ricotta mix, sauce, and sprinkle mozzarella on top! Bake 325 about a hour or until bubbling.. Enjoy. It made alot so I plan to freeze it for next week too!

Yes! I don't understand it either, I figure it's because I'm still having a love affair with food but I can't eat it right now. During my pre-op liquid diet and these four weeks of liquid after, I have been cooking up a storm and freezing. I could be a caterer at this point. I've filled two freezers with food for two Christmas parties. My family has had cooked breakfasts every day and I go out to the store to buy ingredients just to rush home and make dinner. No-one is complaining although I find it an interesting phenomenon.

OMG I'm cooking soooo much now that I've been banded. I'm having a blast. I'm still on soft foods for another two weeks, but I'm having so much fun creating recipes that my family will like and that I can adjust to my diet.

I got super-into cooking, and cooking shows, while I was on my pre-op diet too. I couldn't figure it out. Now post-op I am enjoying finding things I can cook that are good for me and please my family also.

I think my family and friends love when I am on a "diet" or eating healthy because I love to bake and cook more. It helps me avoid eating bad things because I get to make it and smell it and thats good enough for me :)