Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie here

JerseyGirl80
Sign in to follow this  

Hello everyone! I'm new here and this is my first post so be gentle.. I am 10 days post op and I'm feeling great! I'm a tad nervous about Christmas, my Doc has allowed me to start mushy foods tomorrow. I'm excited to be eating again (this liquids business is for the birds, seriously). I've been starting to get a little more hungry in the last few days so anything I can chew on sounds good to me right now hehe.. Any tips for my first time eating after surgery, especially since it will be in front of a shmorgishborg of goodies?

~ Happy Holidays! ~

Stick to mushies, eat slowly and try not to be tempted to eat too much. Hope you had a good Christmas. Good luck and enjoy your journey.

Hello everyone! I'm new here and this is my first post so be gentle.. I am 10 days post op and I'm feeling great! I'm a tad nervous about Christmas, my Doc has allowed me to start mushy foods tomorrow. I'm excited to be eating again (this liquids business is for the birds, seriously). I've been starting to get a little more hungry in the last few days so anything I can chew on sounds good to me right now hehe.. Any tips for my first time eating after surgery, especially since it will be in front of a shmorgishborg of goodies?

~ Happy Holidays! ~

I am really new at lap band. I had it done on DEC 28th. I am still on liduids and getting ready to move to full liquids. Do you have any adivce on what I can drink..? I am not really hungry just craving Water. Is that normal? any suggustion...i would be greatful!

My doctor wanted me to practice drinking Protein Shakes and then waiting 30 + minutes before drinking Water. You should definately stay hydrated that is really important. FYI during full liquid phase I really liked Pacific brand Tomato and Sweet Red Pepper Soup (sometimes in the Organic section). If you drink your soup out of a coffe cup vs a mug you will have 8 oz vs a lot more in a mug. I added Mrs Dash (no salt) chicken flavor to the soup before heating. The heating process reconstitutes the onion and garlic.

quote name='JanB23' timestamp='1293448030' post='1550625']

Stick to mushies, eat slowly and try not to be tempted to eat too much. Hope you had a good Christmas. Good luck and enjoy your journey.

I did my best at not eating too much, although i was surprised at how much I was able to get down without a problem. I don't have alot of restriction but I did notice I'm not able to eat anywhere near as much as I can normally scarf down. So Christmas went pretty good aside from gaining 2lbs, but in my defense I went from liquids to my first foods on a holiday, so I wasn't too upset! Thank you for posting! I hope you are enjoying the holidays.

I am really new at lap band. I had it done on DEC 28th. I am still on liduids and getting ready to move to full liquids. Do you have any adivce on what I can drink..? I am not really hungry just craving Water. Is that normal? any suggustion...i would be greatful!

Congratulations! I hope you are doing well. At first I wanted just Water, mainly out of fear but after a few days I started to feel a little hungry so I tried a little Soup and it was filling and satisfying. For liquids I was mainly focusing on water, plain water or adding crystal light or true lemon, which I love. True lemon is just crystalized lemon flavoring incase you haven't heard of it. My other fluids were Protein shakes, low calorie gatorade, sodium free boullion (can't spell?) sugar free hot chocolate, and any kind of low fat low sodium chunk free Soups I could find.