Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dear Reese's Pieces..I hate you..

I love Peanut Butter also, I still eat Peanut Butter but only a little bit at a time. I am a diabetic, and it will bring your sugar up fast plus give you the Protein to make the long haul when your sugar drops in the middle of the night. I think my weakness overall is chocolate. I do snitch but try to be strong against it.

Sandy ;)

Peanut Butter is a must have for me...i've missed it a lot over the last few months...I can't wait until I get tot he point where I can enjoy it again. I used to sit with a jar of PB and just eat it with a spoon. Have since I was a little kid :)

I LOVE Reese's Pieces, pb cups, Butterfingers, etc. If I had a bag of Reese's, they'd be gone before you could even say "Reese's". However, I have found a way I can still enjoy Peanut Butter and feel no guilt because it is a healthy treat.

If I have enough calories left over at the end of the day and still need Protein, I'll put 1/2 to 1 cup of skim milk in the blender (the amount depends on my leftover calorie allowance). I'll then add 2 packs of equal or splenda and either 1 or 2 tbsp of Simply Jiff Peanut Butter (again, depending on calorie allowance). I'll blend this up, pour in a glass and have a mock peanut butter milkshake.

I like it (my husband doesn't). I'll have it once or twice a week.

I know what you mean! It's just pure willpower to not eat that junk food. For me, if I had looked at the package in the movie theater size and saw that those Reese's Pieces had 400 calories for that box. I would be turned off, I mean I'd be upset about it, but I wouldn't want it knowing it's 400 calories.. That seems to be doing it for me lately. If I'm in doubt I read the label, that usually turns me off if it's too high haha. My lunch didn't even have 400 calories ya know?

For me at the movies I love picking up some sugar free Hershey's or Dove chocolates (they have em at like Target, Rite Aid). They are 30 calories each piece and having one or two, slowly, kicks the craving for me. Or just in general finding a low calorie version of something that is just as satisfying. Like Popchips instead of Potato chips.

I would have to put some chocolate in that. *smile*

Thats why I have been hooked on Pistachios.

They seem to satisfy that snacking mode plus, I chew each one till it is fine, so I end up not eating too many.

Sandy ;)

I know what you mean! It's just pure willpower to not eat that junk food. For me, if I had looked at the package in the movie theater size and saw that those Reese's Pieces had 400 calories for that box. I would be turned off, I mean I'd be upset about it, but I wouldn't want it knowing it's 400 calories.. That seems to be doing it for me lately. If I'm in doubt I read the label, that usually turns me off if it's too high haha. My lunch didn't even have 400 calories ya know?

For me at the movies I love picking up some sugar free Hershey's or Dove chocolates (they have em at like Target, Rite Aid). They are 30 calories each piece and having one or two, slowly, kicks the craving for me. Or just in general finding a low calorie version of something that is just as satisfying. Like Popchips instead of Potato chips.

I totally know what you mean! I love PB and used to just eat it out of the jar. It doesn't agree with my band since my last fill so I have to limit it. I will have some reese's pieces once in a while and I use it as a reward. I love popcorn too. I haven't had any problems with it and have an air popper. Its a good way to get some Fiber too. Don't be too hard on yourself.

IMO it's ok to have the occasional treat. One of the benefits of being banded vs bypass'd. Just be very ware that it's a choice, and an ok choice, to do it on occasion so you don't get down about that choice if that makes any sense? (for me if I "lapse" it's hard to get back on the wagon unless I mentally prepare myself for the choice of a splurge)

I went to see a movie recently...I seldom do this but my old love was an XL Cherry Coke and a bag of popcorn, and even sneaking in a couple Mcd's cheeseburgers. So I have been avoiding the theatre. So i got the courage to go...prepared by sneaking in a serving of granola w/ greek yogurt (my lunch) a few apple slices, some Crystal light. I was still hungry half way thru the movie so bought some chicken tenders and shared the order with my 3 yo son. Bad for me, but a better choice than a big sack of candy I suppose. Oh and I also ate about 1 cup of homemade popcorn. Next time, I'll take some raw veggie (cucumbers, carrots, celery) in rice vinegar.