Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas on handling Christmas while on Pre-Op diet

I just found out yesterday that I'm having my band done on Dec 27th. I was told to start my Pre-Op diet on Monday ~ only Clear Liquids. Needless to say... I was pretty surprised. I was under going some additional medical tests ~ they came back OK and the next thing I know I'm getting banded in a week. I guess I wasn't getting my hopes up and came to terms that I'd probably have to wait til Jan.

WOW... I just have to wrap my brain around the whole thing. I'm hostessing Christmas and I guess I was already thinking that Christmas was going to be "NORMAL". I wasn't going to tell ANYONE about being banded expect my husband, so now my plan is to tell them the dr. put me on a very STRICT diet because on Monday, he wants to repair my hiatal hernia (which is also true).

Anyone have any ideas on how they are going to hand the Christmas dinner thing?? Also, please share some of the things you're "eating" on your Pre-Op liquid diets.

we just had our family Christmas dinner at my mothers. i am not going to say it was not tough. i just had me a juice and Protein and said to myself it will be okay and you will get through it. now everyone tried very hard not to eat dessert in front of me, but i did not ask them too. i say during the dinner while everyone ate fish , since i dont eat fish that did not bother me, but the Desserts was a bit tougher. you have to keep your eye on the goal and now it is best for you not to endulge. Good Luck!

So funny but i'm hostessing Christmas dinner as well. I get banded Tuesday so I will be recovering then, but I told my family the same thing, hernia repair. None of them can understand why I'm having this repaired before Christmas.

I am being banded on Dec 30 so I am on day 4 of my pre op diet. My husband and I hosted our family Christmas party at our house today, and it really wasn't that bad. I kept busy and just enjoyed a nice cup of coffee as everyone was eating. I'm not going to say that it was easy by any means, but I also know that I have a goal and I made this decision. I prepared a couple things for the buffet table that I like (deviled eggs and a mexican layered dip) it was hard to not taste the deviled egg mixture to make sure it was just right, but I made it through.

It sure is easier when I am working 8 hours a day, but....10 more days til surgery....I can do it, and so can you!

Stay strong and keep your eye on the prize! Merry Christmas and Happy Banding!! ho ho ho

Buckle down and do it! It's worth it. You don't want your surgery cancelled because you didn't do what you were told. Don't give yourself a choice - I think that's when I have failed before the band. If I told myself no way, as I do now with my band, then I'm fine.

I think saying the hernia being repaired is a great explanation for your family.

Keep us posted! You're going to do great!

I'm on day 11th day of a 2 week fast. It hasn't been easy at times but I have not cheated once and feel darn proud of it. I can hold my head up high and tell not only myself I didn't cheat but my doctor when he will ask me the day of surgery how have you done on the pre op diet. Just think how that will feel. And better than that just think how much easity the doctor will have during surgery. I want nothing but the best for myself and that's what I stay focused on. Last week at work there were luncheons that I didn't attend, breakfasts I didn't attend., Cookies and chocolate I didn't eat and believe me it was not easy. But that has all passed as this holiday will and we will all be better because we believed in ourselves and our journey to a better life. Hang in there and remember this too shall pass and the other side is well worth the effort. Merry Christmas to everyone and much success in 2011. My surgery is this Tuesday or Thursday and I'm nervous but excited for a newer, healthier, and certainly more sexier lady to come. B) From Florida With Love!!!

Congratulations Linnielady!

I am now on day 5 and it is NOT easy with all the holiday parties, but I knew this going into it during the holiday season.

And, I know me....if it wasn't Christmas...it would be 4th of July....Labor Day...Memorial Day...my Birthday....Monday....next week...etc.

And I would never get this started, just like all the other diets I've started and had a reason to "cheat". I am not going to cheat on this one.

I have too much emotionally and physically invested into this and it's only a couple weeks. I can do this!

One party down at work...all the treats...Christmas party at our home yesterday...and one today...one more to go on Christmas Eve and then surgery on Dec 30.

I'll be so much happier with myself next summer when I don't have to hide behind my clothes.

Congratulations on your surgery and keep your eye on the prize!

I'm on day 11th day of a 2 week fast. It hasn't been easy at times but I have not cheated once and feel darn proud of it. I can hold my head up high and tell not only myself I didn't cheat but my doctor when he will ask me the day of surgery how have you done on the pre op diet. Just think how that will feel. And better than that just think how much easity the doctor will have during surgery. I want nothing but the best for myself and that's what I stay focused on. Last week at work there were luncheons that I didn't attend, breakfasts I didn't attend., Cookies and chocolate I didn't eat and believe me it was not easy. But that has all passed as this holiday will and we will all be better because we believed in ourselves and our journey to a better life. Hang in there and remember this too shall pass and the other side is well worth the effort. Merry Christmas to everyone and much success in 2011. My surgery is this Tuesday or Thursday and I'm nervous but excited for a newer, healthier, and certainly more sexier lady to come. B) From Florida With Love!!!

Thank You imagine and best wishes to you on you journey.

Praying that your surgery goes as smooth as possible along

with your recovery.

Congratulations Linnielady!

I am now on day 5 and it is NOT easy with all the holiday parties, but I knew this going into it during the holiday season.

And, I know me....if it wasn't Christmas...it would be 4th of July....Labor Day...Memorial Day...my Birthday....Monday....next week...etc.

And I would never get this started, just like all the other diets I've started and had a reason to "cheat". I am not going to cheat on this one.

I have too much emotionally and physically invested into this and it's only a couple weeks. I can do this!

One party down at work...all the treats...Christmas party at our home yesterday...and one today...one more to go on Christmas Eve and then surgery on Dec 30.

I'll be so much happier with myself next summer when I don't have to hide behind my clothes.

Congratulations on your surgery and keep your eye on the prize!