Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i need help to eat right

Im eating everything I ate before operation Ive gained all my weight back and i need help. If I get another fill will this help? Or has my stomach streched to much.

When were you banded? How many fills have you had? we need more info...........

I am guessing you do not have proper restriction yet and need another fill.

Just because you can eat a lot you have to stop yourself. Measure out your portion and when it is gone that is it. Don't give up go see your Doctor soon!!

Cheri

I feel like I can eat pretty much anything as well (banded on Oct 29th 2 fills so far) but the things I am supposed to eat (protein vegs get stuck) but the things that keep me alive (or at the same weight) cottage cheese, yogurt, etc) go down fine. I am having a hard time with this-should I just eat stuff that gets stuck so I wont EAT?????? Maybe thats the way it works?

No, you should be able to eat - not just stick to slider foods. I think if you cannot eat solid Protein AT ALL that there is a problem. When you try to eat it are you being careful to eat slowly and chew chew chew? I know sometimes if I am eating out with friends or in a hurry I tend to not chew as well and then get stuck a lot more.

Also just because you have had two fills doesn't mean you will have restriction yet - some folks don't until the band is full and some never need a fill at all..it is wierd how we are all different. But if you are able to eat a cup of solid Protein and are hungry an hr or two later then you know you need a fill ---- at least this is what I have been told. BUT if you are eating all slider foods (yogurt, shakes, etc) and are getting hungry it is b/c it moves right thru the pouch and won't stay with you at all....so that could be a problem, too.

Call your doctor - be honest with them and they should be able to help you get back on track! You can do it! :)

Kim

100 Pounds you lost, Congratulations! I thought I was great with 90 pds lost and maintaining. Yes you are so right, I never had a fill and have been maintaining for the last year was banded 12/20/08. This has a LOT to do with your frame of mind, you need to change your lifestyle and your thinking about food. I do Protein first and everything else secondly. I do not get much veggies in, they get stuck without being cooked to mush, but I do use my protein in a smoothie a few times a week to insure my body is getting nutrients. Everybody is so different and it has taken this surgery and listening and talking to everybody on these forums to get the light bulb to go off in my head. It is you and you alone that will change and make this happen, the band is only a tool to help you get there. Good luck and I believe that when you make the decision to change you will succeed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• BeanitoDiego

Lost my Pup last month and struggled really hard for that first month. Stopped tracking intake and slid into old habits here and there. Also quit working out. Can't walk in the neighborhood because of all of the memories we shared. Losing my Pup is the most heartbreaking thing I've ever been through. My Pup was my world 💔
      Talked to my doc during my one year followup and they were not worried about my current status. They know, and I know, that I will get back on track.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

I'm so sorry. I lost my pup (Mr. Bitters - a chocolate Pomeranian) 2 years ago and it still makes me tear up. He was my everything - my constant companion. I understand. Do the best you can to get back on track.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches