Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 27th

Hi All...my name is Anne. After over a year of waiting I'm going to be banded on December 27th. I'm so excited! I'm on the first day of my preop diet and have to admit I'm scared about the remaining 13 days before surgery. I have a big family party at my house on Christmas Eve and, of course, all kinds of workplace parties, open houses, etc. which all revolve around food. I never noticed just how much my life was focused on food until starting this journey. It's actually pretty interesting.

I'm a counselor at a community college and am happily married to a very supportive guy. No children...in fact, that's the reason for all of this. I have PCOS and am unable to proceed with fertility treatment options until I lose the weight. Hopefully I won't even need to pursue those options once the excess weight comes off. My WLS Dr. told me he's had several women who "miraculously" became pregnant after being banded.

Anyhow, I'd love to hear from those of you with similar situations! Take care,

Anne

HI ANNE,

I LOVE YOUR HONESTY! LOL WELL IM NOT GETTING BANNED TIL JANUARY 2011 AND I HAVE BEEN DOING liquids AT LEAST 1 TO 2 DAYS A WEEK SO THAT WHEN I HAVE TO DO MY PRE OP liquid DIET FOR REAL, I WONT GO CRAZY!!! BUT AS FAR AS THE PARTIES GO, DONT GO!!! SERIOUSLY, WHY RISK EATING food WHEN YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED WHICH WILL POST PONE YOUR SURGERY AND YOUR DESTINY!!! THE FAMILY GATHERINGS ARE A LITTLE DIFFERENT.....ESPECIALLY IF THEY WILL BE AT YOUR OWN HOME....

BUT GET SOME ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNERS AT YOUR OWN PARTY AND TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE DIETING ( IF YOU DONT WANT TO TELL THEM ABOUT THE LAP BAND SURGERY YOU ARE GETTING ) ADVISED THEM IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ONLY DRINK liquids FOR THE NIGHT....ETC... AND MAKE SURE THAT PEOPLE TAKE food HOME.....ESPECIALLY THE STUFF THAT YOU MAY BE TEMPTED TO EAT.... ONLY LEAVE ENOUGH IN THE HOUSE SO THAT YOUR HUBBY CAN EAT,,,

GO TO GNC AND GET THEIR LEAN DIET MIX...IT COMES IN VANILLIA AND chocolate... I USE CHOCOLATE.... ALSO JULLIANE MICHAELS FROM THE BIGGEST LOSER HAS SOME LEAN MILK shake STUFF AS WELL.... ILL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU THAT YOU WILL DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO SO THAT YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DEC SURGERY DATE AND YOU CAN NOT ONLY BE HEALTHY....LOOK FAB FOR YOURSELF AND YOUR HUBBY AND LOSE THE WEIGHT THAT IS NEEDED SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE KIDS AND SPOIL THEM!!

LET THIS SURGERY BE YOUR CHRISTMAS PRESENT....... DONT LET TEMPTATIONS TAKE YOUR CHRISTMAS GIFT AWAY FROM YOURSELF!! YOU SAID YOUR HUBBY IS A BIG SUPPORTER.....SO LET HIM SUPPORT....IN ALL ASPECTS EVEN WHEN YOU GET REALLY HUNGRY AND FRUSTRATED!! LOL

BLESS YOU AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Hi Anne I am going to be banded Dec 28, I am also nervous and new to this site hope I'm doing this rite. please let me know how you do.

Hi All...my name is Anne. After over a year of waiting I'm going to be banded on December 27th. I'm so excited! I'm on the first day of my preop diet and have to admit I'm scared about the remaining 13 days before surgery. I have a big family party at my house on Christmas Eve and, of course, all kinds of workplace parties, open houses, etc. which all revolve around food. I never noticed just how much my life was focused on food until starting this journey. It's actually pretty interesting.

I'm a counselor at a community college and am happily married to a very supportive guy. No children...in fact, that's the reason for all of this. I have PCOS and am unable to proceed with fertility treatment options until I lose the weight. Hopefully I won't even need to pursue those options once the excess weight comes off. My WLS Dr. told me he's had several women who "miraculously" became pregnant after being banded.

Anyhow, I'd love to hear from those of you with similar situations! Take care,

Anne