Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LDS Support

Hello there. I noticed no one has posted since July-ish. I'm LDS and trying to get my insurance to approve banding. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who was LDS who had any insights to share.

Thanks

I am LDS and I too have wondered where everyone is. I was banded on october 22 in mexico with Dr Ortiz at the OCC. I am feeling great so far and have had no problems. Do you have any questions? I have a blog if you want to read my story so far too.

You bet! I would love to see your blog. My goal this year is to get our 3 month supply of food in order. I haven't been banded yet (hopefully before Christmas!), so I don't know what kinds of food/meals are going to be ok and what ones are going to be problems. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

PS I'm located in Phoenix, are you in Utah?

http://fatgirlontheoutside.blogspot.com/

we have started canning meat to make sure we have Protein in our food storage. I also have a bunch of canned veggies. Not a lot of wheat since I know that bread and bread type stuff does not go well with my band. I had no problems with it until I got a fill this weekend. Now I have to toast it and eat very slowly.

Loved your blog. I got approved and am getting banded on the 21st!

I'm excited, but starting to think again. I still feel like this is the right thing to do, but I'm feeling...unsure? not really. Hesitant? no...insecure?sort of.... Maybe I'm just scared about the surgery itself.

I'm ready to make a big change.

Hi Lavender and tagyourit,

Im Kim and am LDS~love that part. I will be banded 1/24/11 in TJ Mex with Dr Ortiz ~hate the TJ part. Will I get murdered in TJ? Probably not, but.............. I wish my insurance will pay for part of the band at least. Any pointers?

Me too me too!! I'm so excited to find you all. I'm LDS and getting banded in TJ with Dr. Ortiz on 1/25/11. Kim--maybe we'll run into each other! Are you from Utah? I'm scared about the Mexico thing too. How did you decide on Dr. Ortiz. I hope we can all stay in touch!

Im Kim and am LDS~love that part. I will be banded 1/24/11 in TJ Mex with Dr Ortiz ~hate the TJ part. Will I get murdered in TJ? Probably not, but.............. I wish my insurance will pay for part of the band at least. Any pointers?

Me too me too!! I'm so excited to find you all. I'm LDS and getting banded in TJ with Dr. Ortiz on 1/25/11. Kim--maybe we'll run into each other! Are you from Utah? I'm scared about the Mexico thing too. How did you decide on Dr. Ortiz. I hope we can all stay in touch!

Hi cantdecide,

It's so good to hear from you. Yes, we will be in TJ together. My surgery is 1/24/11 and I will stay overnight. contact me at happybirthday@comcast.net . I would love to hear from you.

I used DR Ortiz!!!!!! I loved the clinic and never once felt unsafe. How was the surgery??????

Hi Tagyurit,

I just got back home an hour ago. Yeah, the surgery was great. I actually fell asleep after I got my IV's and took the little ativan tablet. The tablet sent me under and I never knew I had the surgery until I awoke from this "little nap." How weird, wonderful was that! They just dragged this 200+ pound body onto the operation table and away they went. I met "undecided" there and some new friends. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I'm a trader. While in the waiting room I converted to Plication instead of lap-band. I'm not having any more children and I don't want the fills that take months to become effective. Dr. Ortiz said 30% of the patients change their mind once they get to TJ. TJ was safe, went shopping, drank broth.

Yeah Dr. Ortiz, Pharmer