Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugg my husband Ugg...

Uggg! is right. I'd be frustrated too.

I was actually the one who compared myself to others during my first year. Fortunately, my husband has to much of a sense of self-preservation to make any weight loss comments to me. :lol:

I wondered why some people lost 100 pounds in 6 months and at 14 months I'm just hitting 80 pounds (my goal is to lose 120). I asked my doc about this at about the 10 months mark. He said that 4 to 6 pounds a month was safe, effective, & easy on the body and that I was doing great. He also reminded me that "You don't know what those other people are doing." Those were his exact words. He suggested that they may be eating nothing, vomiting everything they eat or in general just doing things that aren't healthy. He said everyone was different and to not compare myself to other's progress. And he assured me that "low and slow" was just fine as long as the weight kept coming off and I was getting proper nutrition time would be on my side. We also joked that I'd owe him less money because I probably wouldn't need a Tummy Tuck if I took it slow.

So tell your hubby to go eat a cookie and enjoy the view as you get skinnier because until you've walked a mile in someone else's 'Layne Bryants' you havn't earned the right to comment. :D

I've driven in TJ for years and it's busy, but that never bothered me that much. Its the hours long wait to cross the border that pisses me off. Why don't you just park or take the trolley to San Ysidro and walk across then just take a taxi.

You can't let yourself get dehydrated if you are throwing up everything. Take it from me, I lost 4 1/2 pounds in 4 days by being too tight. When my doctor saw that on the scale he was surprised then said he wouldn't even record it because he knew I was dehydrated. He pulled out 2cc's and made me drink a huge glass of Water before slowing putting back some of the Fluid just so I could get something in me. The past week my goal has been to pee clear! Sad, but true!

So tell your hubby to go eat a cookie and enjoy the view as you get skinnier because until you've walked a mile in someone else's 'Layne Bryants' you havn't earned the right to comment. :D

Amen!!! I love this.

Cindy

You brought up a very good question as to why I couldn't go by my self...I have never been there by myself and am afraid I would get lost. If you have ever driven In TJ you would remember how difficult it can be and they have these crazy round about things you have to drive around and it's SCARY....but if worse comes to worse I will go by myself....

Do they not have fill centers near you that you can get a slight unfill? They have them all around me between Arizona and Las Vegas, I thought they were all around the country? Don't let this go too long, I would not want to see anything happen to you or your band. We are told here in Arizona to keep out of Mexico because of the murders going on a daily basis. Please don't risk your life for the band, if you can, get it done locally and as soon as possible. Thinking good thoughts for you.