Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to the Band wagon

Hello out there, my names Angela. I will be banded some time in March, date to come soon. I am a former competitive swimmer, firefighter, nursing student now turned professional mom. I was in 2 auto accidents that have caused me to become disabled and because of that the lbs have really come on. Right now I'm at 345lbs. I have just had my second and last child in Aug. My goal weight is 170lbs, about 10lbs heavier then I was in high school. I hope to have a good time here and learn from everyone who is already banded the do's, don'ts and don't even think abouts. I have been an athlete most all my life so to go from being very active to walking around with a limp and a cane is going to be a challenge and what led me to actually make the call to have the band done.

Hello out there, my names Angela. I will be banded some time in March, date to come soon. I am a former competitive swimmer, firefighter, nursing student now turned professional mom. I was in 2 auto accidents that have caused me to become disabled and because of that the lbs have really come on. Right now I'm at 345lbs. I have just had my second and last child in Aug. My goal weight is 170lbs, about 10lbs heavier then I was in high school. I hope to have a good time here and learn from everyone who is already banded the do's, don'ts and don't even think abouts. I have been an athlete most all my life so to go from being very active to walking around with a limp and a cane is going to be a challenge and what led me to actually make the call to have the band done.

Hello and welcome! Sorry to hear about the nasty turn of events that have caused your disability and weight gain. My husband suffered a severe work injury four years ago that has left him disabled. I understand the toll that can have on someone, both physically and emotionally. I wish you luck in your journey. I'm sure March will be hear before any of us even know it. :)

I am due to be banded on December 27.

I am going to be banded December 29th-I am excited and nervous too!

I had back surgery that had some complications. I have always been heavy, but after teh surgery I put on at least 100 pounds.

I weighed 333 at the initial consultation. That has been so hard to write, say, think. It is definately my highest weight ever.

March will be here in no time, and finding this kind of support this early will be so great for you.

Blessings! Keep us posted!

Oh yes believe me March will indeed be here before you know it. I want to wish you all the luck in the world. Stick with the program and do what you need to do. You can do it and the time will fly by.

:D My sister and I started our journy in late August 2010. We had our last office visit for all the insurance requirements on Nov. 29th. True Results called us both on Dec. 8th and told us that we were both approved by our insurance co. It was a very big monment for us. You go through all the red tape for months and just pray that it will be approved and just like that it was. At this time both of us are scheduled for surgery Dec. 30th, 2010. We can't wait!

I will start off at 268 or there abouts. My goal is 125 - 130. I am so excited!