Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Filled Up

Hey guys - I had my second fill on Thursday, December 22nd. According to Dr. Gonzales, I now have 3 cc's in the band. I was surprised.

I can eat just fine. I fill up. I could not finish a kids meal at Chick-fil-a. I have no perspective. I guess that is good :-)

I have avoided steak and other things that are supposed to be problematic.

I at too much at Christmas dinner and had my first PB incident. It was not too bad - just a bit - but a sure sign to knock it off.

Hope your holidays were fantastic!!!!

Your first PB ... congratulations? :) Sounds like you have some restriction now; I'm sure it will help in your ongoing weight loss. Good luck & God Bless!

yay Sherrie! Restriction is good. Take it easy and go slow till you find out how it feels for you.

Here's a tip...I was super super tight and totally not hungry the day before, of, and after Christmas. All the food, no appetite, super restricted. Oh well. I actually lost the few I had gained. No complaining, but come to find out I had a stomach bug. No nausea or vomiting, just a low-grade fever for a day, super tired, and diarrhea. Today I feel much better and I ate a horse at lunch. Okay, not the whole thing but I ate very well!!! It felt so good to eat and it's almost 7pm and I'm still not hungry. I'll have a snack later but I'm done eating for the day.

All this to say...stress and sickness can make you tight, then the next day, it's as if your restriction is gone. So don't let one day tell you how restricted you are. Take notes if needed over a week or two to get a better indication.

Good luck! See you in Jan! You making the trip down to see us?

Wow 3cc what size band do you have? Is it the lager one?

I go Jan 5 and I am sure he going to put a little more in me. Maybe .1 or .2 I don't know that I am ready to go back to 2.5 yet. YIKES....

Sounds like you are doing a great job....Hope you can make it in Jan it's the 28th and its in the university this time so not so far for you. Just a couple of exits past Concord Mills.

You do lose your perspective a bit though dont you? I keep thinking I'm pigging out by eating an ordinary bowl of Breakfast cereal! And then nothing for five hours afterwards! I'm eating at most 1/3 of what I used to and because I'm not starving I have to keep telling myself I'm doing well, not overeating. The scales are showing I'm definitely not overeating!

PB is short for productive burp. If something can't go down, it will come back up.

Thanks, and I have one more question. In looking at before and after picture I noticed that people had to have there lapband removed due to erosion. What goes on when this happens? These are things that I wil talk to my Dr. about on my next visit.

I don't know if I can give you an accurate medical description of erosion, but in my understanding the band eats into your stomach, rather than staying on the outside where it belongs.