Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

Hard to believe but the numbers on the scale are going down.....it's just so weird to me. I must have troubling processing it all! I'm 10 days out & have lost about 10lbs. still in mushies stage & do 1 or 2 Protein shakes a day.

Thank goodness to Vitalady.com who offers samples of so many Protein powders. Still looking for the one I want to commit to for an entire jug. hehe

Happy New Year, December Divas!!!! Just think where we'll be next year.....

chloe

Hello! I am trying to figure out this forum and how it all works so bear with me! I was banded Friday, Dec. 3rd and have about 85 lbs. to lose. Diabetes runs in my family and I felt like a time bomb and have never been able to keep the weight off. It just crept up and up. I am very active and want to be able to exercise without the aches and pains. I am 5' 10" and 55 years old. I would like to stay in touch with those of a similar situation.

I had a great experience so far and had my band done as an out pt. procedure. I was out at SAM's the very next morning and haven't had alot of pain. Today I did laundry and walked at the mall. I plan to return towork for awhile on Monday. I was fortunate to also have had it done laproscopically and had a great surgeon, Dr. David Provost. All I can say is so far so good!

hello, like you i just had my lapband done. My surgery was Dec. 13,2010. I had my first visit with the surgeon on Wen. this week. I have lost 12lbs. since surgery.

I have a friend at work who also went thru surgery, so she has helped me with all my questions. Iam a little hungry,i mainly just have soft foods, and very little of it. I do drink 2 Protein shakes a day trying to get my 45 grams of protien a day.

I have been heavy my entire life and i have just had enough. I am 58 years old. I try and walk daily and i am joining a gym with a friend (my lap band buddy).

I wish you success with your journey,you and i know it took a while to get to this point so i don't want to give up!!!!!

hi i'm Lauren and i was banded on dec. 27th. I am doing well, still currently on the Clear Liquids diet and eagerly awaiting the full liquids diet i can start on monday. have started to see some weight loss already although not so much on the scale. am still bloated and very gassy so i believe that is effecting the numbers. i am looking smaller and clothes are fitting better. can't wait to really start to lose.

Hi new bandsters! :)

It's so weird to be losing weight so quickly haha, I tried some pants on today that were too big, I actually couldn't wear them! haha.

Soft foods are going good! Trying different things. Trying to figure out what is the most filling. I'm starting to like crackers more than I should, not sure I'm going to buy more of those haha, or I need to find a lower calorie one. It's just nice to have some crunch with my meals.

I see my doctor for the first time next week since my surgery on the 13th. I don't know if I'm getting a fill or not. I think it's just my post op, because the holidays pushed it off.

Hi Everyone, I was banded 12/30 and am experiencing that "typical" shoulder pain and so I figured I'd get up and read. =) I am 5'3 with a weight of 248. I am a teacher and will be back to work on 1/3 and was wondering what good suggestions for other pain killers might be? ie liquid tylenol? It's great to hear all your successes thus far. =)

Hey everyone! I was banded on Tuesday 12/28/2010-surgery went well, but afterwards, I was on a morphine pump, and that made me terribly sick. Everytime I used the pump, about five or ten minutes later, I would be dry heaving...This went on ALL day long...I finally asked if there was something else that I could get for pain, and they started giving me Lortab liquid.

My question is, I have been very sore. Is this from actual surgery-is everyone else really sore?-or is this from all the dry heaving?? Also, I was on a 3 day liquid diet before surgery, and continue that after surgery. Protein drinks, broth or bouillion, SF popsicles, SF Jello, thats all I am allowed. My surgery day I weighed 296, now today, 4 days later, I am down around 12 pounds, dont get me wrong, I absolutely love it, but is that normal???

Good luck to everyone!

Melissa

My question is, I have been very sore. Is this from actual surgery-is everyone else really sore?-or is this from all the dry heaving??

I can't speak for others but I felt like I had done about 100 stomach crunches too many right after my surgery. I'm just over a week out and I still have moments of soreness every once in a while. Right now I'm fighting the constipation/diarrhea battle, but that will pass (no pun intended).

Hope you feel better soon!

More new bandsters for Dec- Yeah and welcome!

I've been away on holidays and a fantastic time relaxing on the beach and then taking the kids to see the snow (indoor ski centre). That's the closest we get to snow here in the Middle East :)

I was very pleased with myself as I didn't overeat, even thought the buffet breakfasts were amazing. I was full very quickly and made good food choices and have to continued to lose- which is amazing. I'm loving the fact that I can get back into all my old clothes and now can't wait for them not to fit rolleyes.gif

Yes Melissa its normal to feel very sore. It probably hasn't helped that you were dry heaving as it would put more strain on your stomach muscles. I hate morphine. They gave that to me for my 2 c-section and I was a mess. When I saw the anesthetist this time, I said please DO NOT give me morphine. I don't know what pain relief I was given in hospital but it was great and I left with a packet of Paracetamol in the tablet form and took them for about 3-4 days after surgery. Congratulations on your weight loss and the pain will go away and you'll feel back to your normal self very soon.

Happy New Year Everyone! Just think, this time next year we'll all be different looking people rolleyes.gif

hi everyone...i was banded on 12/21/10...am feeling pretty good and have been doing a little bit of walking...ive tried a few diff foods as my doc wants us to gain a lb or two before they will do a fill...they want to make sure we are eating a normal diet...i just try to make sure i chew really well...some things havent went down too easy...others have...its mostly trial and error...so if anyone has any ideas they can give me i would be most appreciative...its nice to have a place to go for some support...good luck everyone and happy new year

I was banded on 12/27. I felt fantastic after surgery - I wasn't even really sore and they controlled the nausea and dry heaves really well (and I get super sick on any kind of ride).

Unfortunately, I wasn't getting enough fluids at home I guess and ended up in the ER last night (great New Year's!). After some IV fluids and meds for dizzyness/nausea, I felt well enough to go home. I am making sure I am drinking enough today. I really can't wait to get off the liquid diet - if I never see broth again, it will be too soon. 8 more days!

I thought I would have the hardest time getting over wanting to drink a Coke Zero, but I can't believe I have't even craved one. I am proud of myself for that.

Miz, and Purple--thanks so much for the info!! I actually am feeling a lot better today!!! So good to have a place to go to voice your concerns and other people know what you are talking about!! Glad to have everyone here!!!

Good luck to girlbythebeach and newlifekp!! Congratulations on being December's!!! Good luck on your weight loss journey!

Miz, and Purple--thanks so much for the info!! I actually am feeling a lot better today!!! So good to have a place to go to voice your concerns and other people know what you are talking about!! Glad to have everyone here!!!

Good luck to girlbythebeach and newlifekp!! Congratulations on being December's!!! Good luck on your weight loss journey!

My surgeon gave me a prescription for hydrocodone liquid. I used that for a few days after.. but yea I'm sure liquid tylenol is fine, I took that for a headache the other day.

The shoulder pain is apparently gas though! Which is weird.. I think I got the most relief from a heating pad. Or they sell those Thermacare heat Patches could try that. Regardless it should go away in a few days.

My surgeon gave me a prescription for hydrocodone liquid. I used that for a few days after.. but yea I'm sure liquid tylenol is fine, I took that for a headache the other day.

The shoulder pain is apparently gas though! Which is weird.. I think I got the most relief from a heating pad. Or they sell those Thermacare heat Patches could try that. Regardless it should go away in a few days.

good morning everyone...its a rainy day here in Delaware...i am so ready to go back to work tomorrow!!...im just wondering if it is normal to still be swollen in the belly area...and it always feels like i have something stuck in my throat..even tho i dont...will be happy to go to 2wk follow up on tuesday...maybe i just worry too much...good luck to all today and have a fabulous Sunday!!