Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

I think it's a 10cc band. I was feeling almost perfect at 6.5 cc, but 7cc is too much. I think they'll remove about .25cc and then I'll be at 6.75cc.

Let me know how it goes after your next fill. When is it scheduled?

Joan

Thanks for the reply! I'm scheduled for April 4th. Luckily I just have a $25 copay or else this last little bit of tweaking would be brutal on the pocket book!

I will definitely post the outcome. smile.gif

Great job, Chloe!!

Hello,

Heather~ I was told that the Hair loss is due to not enough Protein. How many grams are you getting each day?

Newlife~ I am only now really losing weight, about 20# since surgery on Dec 2nd. The goal is 1-2# per week and it sounds like you are ahead of that. I don't want to lose too fast because I don't want to compromise my health/nutritional status and I want my skin to shrink with my fat loss and not hang.

I am going in for a little unfill tomorrow. I have been getting stuck/vomiting daily for a week or so. I am at 7cc in my band.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Joan

I don't track daily, but I'm fairly certain I'm at 60-70g at least. I do have protein at the center of every meal. Not sure I can physically eat more!

I don't track daily, but I'm fairly certain I'm at 60-70g at least. I do have Protein at the center of every meal. Not sure I can physically eat more!

There's a thread on here somewhere about Hair loss and I remember reading that some people--no matter how much protein--still have thinning. Some suggested it was the 'shock' from surgery and anesthesia (which doesn't make sense to me because I had 3 surgeries in 2 years time before the lapband and didn't notice) and I think another suggestion was Iron? I'm not very helpful because I don't have the link to the thread, but I know I've read a couple about it. You're lucky you have thick hair, mines fine and curly and I'm starting to see more come out in teh shower. huh.gif

I know it happens with rapid weight loss as well. Because it's a shock to my system to be eating this differently.

Hello,

Chloe~ Yeah for you and your hubby! My hubby is losing weight too and I now weigh less than him.

Heather~ Are you taking a multi vit each day?

Andrea~ My copay is $30.00. My deflate today was free. : ) My chart said I had 6.5cc, not 7cc. When the Nurse Practioner put the needle in the port she said that 1cc immediately filled the syringe meaning it was under too much pressure/too tight. She took the 1cc out so I am less than before my last fill. My next fill/appt. is scheduled for April 29th. I am feeling MUCH better.

Joan

Glad you're feeling better, Joan. I haven't experienced the too tight sensation yet. Knock on wood...glad you feel better :)

Hello,

Chloe~ Yeah for you and your hubby! My hubby is losing weight too and I now weigh less than him.

Heather~ Are you taking a multi vit each day?

Andrea~ My copay is $30.00. My deflate today was free. : ) My chart said I had 6.5cc, not 7cc. When the Nurse Practioner put the needle in the port she said that 1cc immediately filled the syringe meaning it was under too much pressure/too tight. She took the 1cc out so I am less than before my last fill. My next fill/appt. is scheduled for April 29th. I am feeling MUCH better.

Joan

Yea I take a multi, and the calcium citrate + D and B12 once a week.

Hello Fellow December Bandsters!

It has been a while since I have posted anything! But for anyone who has seen my posts or knows of my name, I have an update!

I have lost 71.4 lbs and I am finally UNDER 200 LBS!

I went to the Dr on Thursday, No Adjustment for me! I still only have 2 cc's in my 11 cc band! I have great restriction and I am too tight around my period time and in the mornings.

I take a Multi-vit, Calcium w/ vit D, BeneFiber, and 2 B-12's DAILY! I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast every morning! Small lunch and dinner, and yougarts or cheese sticks for Snacks.< /p>

Dr's extremely happy with my progress and states I am doing better than MOST bypass patients! How great does that make me feel!

I was in a size 24, now I fit comfortably in a size 18, I can squeeze into a 16 and button them, but still a bit tight! I went from a size 26-28 shirt to a 16-18!!! I feel amazing!

AND....I can actually cross my legs like a lady when I sit!

Well, if you are on blogger, follow me and read up on my journey! I can follow you as well if you are new!

Take care,

Mandy

Hello Fellow December Bandsters!

It has been a while since I have posted anything! But for anyone who has seen my posts or knows of my name, I have an update!

I have lost 71.4 lbs and I am finally UNDER 200 LBS!

I went to the Dr on Thursday, No Adjustment for me! I still only have 2 cc's in my 11 cc band! I have great restriction and I am too tight around my period time and in the mornings.

I take a Multi-vit, Calcium w/ vit D, BeneFiber, and 2 B-12's DAILY! I have a Protein Shake for breakfast every morning! Small lunch and dinner, and yougarts or cheese sticks for Snacks.< /p>

Dr's extremely happy with my progress and states I am doing better than MOST bypass patients! How great does that make me feel!

I was in a size 24, now I fit comfortably in a size 18, I can squeeze into a 16 and button them, but still a bit tight! I went from a size 26-28 shirt to a 16-18!!! I feel amazing!

AND....I can actually cross my legs like a lady when I sit!

Well, if you are on blogger, follow me and read up on my journey! I can follow you as well if you are new!

Take care,

Mandy

Glad to hear you are doing so well! I'll check out your blog.

Joan

I'm excited! The scales went down again today and I feel great.

I wish my scales were accurate enough to track the recommended 1-2 lb a week. They seem to go up and down (in Kilograms) for a while and then will suddenly drop! I think I will have to invest in better ones.

I've started an exercise routine and actually liking it! My muscles haven't been this sore for a very LONG time! laugh.gif I'm doing Lotte Berk or Barre exercisers. Its amazing that in one hour you don't even work up a sweat but every muscle is worked to the max. I could hardly walk the day after. lol

I love hearing about everyone's loses. 3+ months out from surgery and we're all different looking people already. I'm enjoying the comments I'm receiving from people I don't really know too. Like the shop assistant or waiter at the cafe who have noticed my weight loss. I still feel I have a long way to go and don't see too much of a difference, but I have to buy new clothes so that's exciting.

Loved reading your blog Mandy. Its great to know that we are all not alone in this and facing similar struggles and rewards daily.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Yea I take a multi, and the calcium citrate + D and B12 once a week.

I take B12 daily lately. Is there a reason you only take it once a week or was that a typo? The sublingual tablets are the only way I can get my body to absorb B12. Do you use those?

Arg! I am so upset with my husband!!!

At the start of this journey I decided to only tell a few select people about my band - my husband, sons, mother and mother in law. He didn't understand why I wasn't comfortable with telling everyone...I'm not ashamed of doing something to improve my health but I am just a private person.

So when he gets home tonight he tells me that one of his co-workers was asking him how my weight loss was going. When I asked him why she would ask about that he says "well, they all know you had lap-band surgery".

Against my wishes, he told his entire office!!! I am so mad at him about this and he doesn't understand why I'm upset!!! To top it off, we are going to be at a function this weekend with several of the people from his office so now what was a personal experience is going to be very public since several of them couldn't keep a secret to save their lives!!!

Sorry for the long post but I needed to vent to people who are in a better position to understand where I'm coming from..

That would really annoy me. I am also a very private person and very few people know about me. One of the three people at my job who know also has the band. Today we had a meeting and pizza was ordered so I had a grandma slice and so did she. She says in front of sone people, this kind I can get down just fine, how bout you. I guess she has some issues with bread. The girl that was next to me, was like what, I'm confused. I was like just ignore her. Seriously, I think she knows that no one else knows, everyone just thinks on dieting and working out.

Oh no Vicky! I would be furious with him.

I'm the same as you and haven't told many people. My husband knows and 2 other people.

1 a work colleague as I suspected she had weight loss surgery, maybe the sleeve, and thought we had something in common. Well she denied it even though she is still on a liquid diet and will be for 3 months. That's her decision though so I'm not asking her anymore questions about it. Its also taken the heat off me at work and everyone is talking about her extreme weight loss and the fact she is not eating anything but slops. They all think she's had WLS as compared to me, I recovered so quickly from my gall bladder operation rolleyes.gif

The other person who knows is a heavy lady who I was talking about lapband surgery with a long time ago. When I started losing a lot of weight she came straight out and asked me. So I didn't lie and said yes. She was happy for me and I told her that I wanted to keep it private and hope she respects my wishes.

Now I don't know what I would do if I was in your situation Vicky. Maybe not go to the function or go and if anybody says anything tell them you don't wish to talk about it or say "Yes don't I look fantastic! Ahhh I really don't know and feel for you.

I hope he understands how you feel that he has betrayed you and I wish you all the best for the function on the weekend.

Hugs!