Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2010 Bandsters out there?

well today i have been sooo hungry I had to call the dr and ask to go to puree... he is to call me back by 3:30..i have had a headache all day ..I know it is because I need food. all of this broth and Water juice isnt doing it for me....

so the question I have is anyone have a idea what I should put first in the blender????

thanks amy

well today i have been sooo hungry I had to call the dr and ask to go to puree... he is to call me back by 3:30..i have had a headache all day ..I know it is because I need food. all of this broth and Water juice isnt doing it for me....

so the question I have is anyone have a idea what I should put first in the blender????

thanks amy

I've lived off of pureed chili (with a dab of shredded cheese melted in). I wasn't on a pre-op diet and I only had 1 day of liquids, but the chili tastes so good compared to anything else I mushed up for the pureed stage. laugh.gif

Banded on 12/15 and had my first pureed food today, black bean Soup blended all to heck, but omg it tasted like all my wildest dreams come true! i only gave myself a half of cup, didnt even get close to finishing all that, and then put it away- something i would have never done before. I doubt its the band working right now since there is no fill in it, just mind over matter but wow, wouldnt it be amazing if i could make myself stop forever and be that 5% that never gets a fill? probably wont happen as i learned through the pre-op part i most likley was addicted to food and right now im sure in the back of my mind i stop just to make sure i dont puke b/c thats my biggest fear right now, but still...nice to dream =)

any of my other 12/15 banders out there on pureed yet or is my NUT just a true nut-job? :P

:D so I got the call from the doc and he said I could have 1 scrambled egg or 1 hard boiled egg with out the yellow av part...my mommy made me a scrambled egg and like old habits inhaled it:( well it did stay down but hurt like HELL !!!!!

my headache is gone and I am now a Happy person !!:P

thanks all for the help !

Amy

I had Turkey Chili last night with a little bit of light sour cream! It was good. I didn't need to puree it, it went down fine. It's pretty mushy anyways. Today I had tuna, that went down well too. Glad nothing is making me sick!

Whey: Yea, I'm scared I'm gonna like eat too much. My book says 1/4 cup, but that isn't filling me up at all, I've added slightly more and that does the trick and I'm satisfied, But I'm scared I'm gonna go overboard and eat too much. I'm not hungry though which is good.

Amyloveslou: Try egg salad maybe, it's easier to eat a little bit at a time, went down good for me and it has some flavor.

I was banded on December 6th in Los Angeles. I am 5' 4" and my starting weight was 191. They found a hernia while in there and did the repair ( I didn't even know that I had one). Within two weeks I have dropped 12 pounds which means I have 54 pounds to go. My goal weight is 125 pounds and I'm hoping to reach that by August of 2011.

I get to move on to soft / pureed foods starting today, although I think I'll wait until tomorrow until I get clearance from my doctor. I have my first follow up appointment with him at 11am tomorrow.

My doctor said to go onto a low carb / high Protein diet, but not Atkins by a long shot. It's healthy carbs and high low fat protein. Atkins has way too much fat and not enough carbs for proper health.

Does anyone else have a hard time chewchewchewing your food? My doctor encourages me to chew 30 times and I have to admit, I get a little sick to my stomach chewing that much. I don't like the texture! I am sure I will get used to it, but it's such a weird feeling.

I am finally starting to feel better! I was sore for a few days, but I have a twisty nine month old that I'm still breastfeeding so I definitely had more contact with my incision/port area than most. I can't believe tomorrow will be officially two weeks! I am eating scrambled eggs, but mostly sticking to my pureed Soups and juices/smoothies. I am completely off the Protein Shakes, but making sure I get an adequate amount of protein. I am looking forward to my first oatmeal tomorrow.

I am honestly a little disturbed at how many banders tend to go to an Atkins-style diet. From what I understand, that's a pretty unhealthy diet and I wouldn't want to trade one unhealthy lifestyle for another. I definitely don't begrudge anyone eating animal products as I will definitely be including fish and some dairy in my food choices, but is anyone else hesitant about the amount of animal products bandsters seem to eat?

Anyways, good luck to everyone!

Hi all! Wow, lots of us in December. It amazes me how many different experiences people have. I was banded 12/7, although told would not be hungry for 2 weeks, but in reality was beyond starving starting 12/9 to 12/17, stomach growling constantly. Supposed to be liquids week 1, pureed wks 2 through 4. Was eating 'real' food, not even pureed but chewed well at the beginning of week 2. Now suddenly yesterday and today, not hungry at all, can't stand the thought of consuming anything, and have just gotten diarhea. Fun, sitting here at work reading through this forum when started, luckily almost everyone gone, I am assigned to stay late tonight, and have had 2 'accidents' on the way to the restroom. Thank goodness noone around and am wearing black pants. And thank goodness I have you guys to share this grossness with!! Went to surgeon today for followup (before the diarhea started) I have had no trouble sleeping, but my port hurts like hell. Cannot bend over on left side at all without major pain, can barely put on shoes, or dry off after a shower. Port area still bruised and swollen, have to go back to Dr in 2 weeks for it. If not better, he is going to have to open me back up and move it, but apparently he can do that in the office, not hospital OR. I guess that is the good news. Just posting this to get more scenarios out there. I have decided that we shouldn't be surprised by anything. I just hope I don't start throwing up. I really feel for you on that Dave! I hate to throw up worse than anything, and only had dry heaves once, it was terrible.

Hang in there everyone!! United we stand!

My doctor said to go onto a low carb / high Protein diet, but not Atkins by a long shot. It's healthy carbs and high low fat protein. Atkins has way too much fat and not enough carbs for proper health.

The Atkins approach is healthy, proven by studies, however like any other plan can be done incorrectly very easily!

This is true, but most people cant stick to the Atkins diet and that's why it fails. Atkins diet relies heavily on the body moving into a state of ketosis. This is what effectively causes the weight loss. In order to maintain this state you need to adhere strictly to the diet which means limiting fruits and grains. If a person on Atkins chooses to only follow portions of the diet (ie eating lots of Protein and fat) and then slips once in a while and eats sugars and carbs they will no longer be in ketosis. At this point they are consuming all the fats without the benefits of ketosis and therefore will gain weight.

The problem with the Atkins diet is that it is an all or nothing diet. You are either in ketosis and losing weight or you are out of ketosis and eating an unhealthy balance of food and will probably gain rather than lose.

The Atkins approach is healthy, proven by studies, however like any other plan can be done incorrectly very easily!

Amy,

Are you doing Protein Shakes?

no the dr told me just clear liquid. broth 1/2 juice sf and 1/2 Water and jello.....that is all I have had in one week.

until today he said 1 scrambled egg or one hard boiled egg...hardboiled egg is too cold for me to get down.

Amy

No wonder you are hungry! Check with him again to see about Protein Shakes. Mine wasn't listed on my list of things I could have but they said it was a given that I was expected to have two a day. Poor thing! I hope you can have something to satisfy you.

Well, it could be unrelated, everyone is getting sick these days. Or food poisoning from something you ate?

Yea, I'm not really hungry at all. I'm feeling better about food not that I'm on purees. But before, my appetite was gone, probably because I didn't want any of the things I could "drink."

Hmm, my stomach gurgles and growls but it's not the hunger kind, it just makes weird noises haha. Not so much in the past few days though.

Be careful if you aren't going to stick to the diet! You have your whole life to eat real food, what's 2 weeks of mush while you are healing. It's not even bad, having chili for dinner instead of a chicken breast? I could careless, it still tastes good.