Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

wine anyone?

Wow? Down to 4 a week? Well I don't know what your previous consumption was, but if you're cutting down to 4 a week, it was probably pretty robust.

I'm the Bandster exception I guess. I look to the European Bandsters since they have been banding there for decades with great success.

Euro Bandsters drink quite regularly and still lose well. Of course moderation is key, but I never missed a Friday Happy Hour during my banding (except for the 2 Fridays after my TT - ouch!) and I lost fine.

In fact I think that most of the light social drinker Bandsters I know seem to have lost a bit more some of that didn't drink. Doesn't make sense but it's true. (And the Bandsters' unofficial fave liquor is vodka - from coast to coast. Don't know why but it is.) Anyway, that's completely unscientific but bottom line is that I was never a beer drinker but those who do drink it say that the carbonation isn't easy to tolerate in larger quantities. I believe it.

Two or three drinks a week will probably not slow anyone down from weight loss - if they account for those 'empty' cals or carbs elsewhere. No one got this band to make their lives miserable, I bet. I think I lot of us chose this option to help us make good choices and maintain our weight over a lifetime. It's not a reason to eliminate things that we enjoy - the band is suppose to help us moderate our intake of those things, and that might well include alcohol. (I can't drink as much as I did before banding, basically because I eat so much less. It's simple. I'm a cheaper date now! )

So for that reason it's important to find a way to incorporate the band into our lives - not to make our lives dry (so to speak). ;) Let's be banded and live our lives to the fullest - I'll tip my martini glass to that!

I like your attitude -- I guess because I share it! :) :Banane34:

I may be a "slow loser," too but since I won't be suffering, I won't mind the wait. ;)

God Bless ya for the reply and I totally share your sentiments! You are right, we shouldn't be punishing ourselves right? I just wonder how much is to much? Vodka huh? I've never had it but I understand it comes in flavors that are just wonderful. I would like some at after work but I'm afraid of the consequences. I love wine and would perfer that to vodka or anything else for that matter. Good wine, not the cheap stuff so in that regard I'm not such a cheap date!!! Not that I have even been asked on a date or pursued that avenue just yet. Divorced 4 years ago and still can't seem to get over it you know what I mean? I have about 40lbs to lose yet and believe me as part of the mommy make-over (I have 5 children) I'm going to get a Tummy Tuck AND possibly a boob job when the doctor allows. Thanks for listening and I look forward to your reply. Love your zip and zest for life!

se

Wow? Down to 4 a week? Well I don't know what your previous consumption was, but if you're cutting down to 4 a week, it was probably pretty robust.

I'm the Bandster exception I guess. I look to the European Bandsters since they have been banding there for decades with great success.

Euro Bandsters drink quite regularly and still lose well. Of course moderation is key, but I never missed a Friday Happy Hour during my banding (except for the 2 Fridays after my TT - ouch!) and I lost fine.

In fact I think that most of the light social drinker Bandsters I know seem to have lost a bit more some of that didn't drink. Doesn't make sense but it's true. (And the Bandsters' unofficial fave liquor is vodka - from coast to coast. Don't know why but it is.) Anyway, that's completely unscientific but bottom line is that I was never a beer drinker but those who do drink it say that the carbonation isn't easy to tolerate in larger quantities. I believe it.

Two or three drinks a week will probably not slow anyone down from weight loss - if they account for those 'empty' cals or carbs elsewhere. No one got this band to make their lives miserable, I bet. I think I lot of us chose this option to help us make good choices and maintain our weight over a lifetime. It's not a reason to eliminate things that we enjoy - the band is suppose to help us moderate our intake of those things, and that might well include alcohol. (I can't drink as much as I did before banding, basically because I eat so much less. It's simple. I'm a cheaper date now! )

So for that reason it's important to find a way to incorporate the band into our lives - not to make our lives dry (so to speak). :eek: Let's be banded and live our lives to the fullest - I'll tip my martini glass to that!

I love your attitude and totally agree!