Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need help! What is your schedule or routine?

So I'm not sure I should say I fell off the Wagon, Im not sure I was ever on it for sure. I was on mushies until my first fill. Then a week of liquids etc. Then a week of a normal bandster diet (at least I think) and then I had a death in the family and was out of town. When I returned it was funeral wake family gatherings etc with food that was not bandster friendly, high carb, high calorie. I have not been doing well with changing my lifestyle. Depression and emotional eating are a big part of that. so today, i am puting on my big girl pants and trying to get it together. Part of my problem is I am not working and dont really have any type of schedule. I dont take my Vitamins or my Calcium like I should. Or at all really. So I am trying to get an idea of what others do to help me. Can you please teel me what your schedule or routine is like, when do you eat, exercise (something else I have not done for a week or two), take your medications and vitamins, what else helps you keep on track? I am trying to take the approach of no more whinning and what can I do to make this a better life for me. Can you help me? I know everyone is different, so I am hoping that there will be a few of you who will post what you do and what has worked for you. Thanks!

Can you please teel me what your schedule or routine is like, when do you eat, exercise (something else I have not done for a week or two), take your medications and Vitamins, what else helps you keep on track? I am trying to take the approach of no more whinning and what can I do to make this a better life for me. Can you help me? I know everyone is different, so I am hoping that there will be a few of you who will post what you do and what has worked for you. Thanks!

In general, most days this is my schedule:

6am coffee & start taking Vitamins

7am Breakfast of Overnight oatmeal with apples & 1 turkey sausage link (I have this almost every day, other meals are varied)

8am out the door to the gym

8:30 to 10am.. exercise class.. type and length of time varies depending on the day of the week.

10am .. Run errands or go home

12 to 1pm lunch Lunchtime vitamins

1pm till 4pm: housework, computer, nap (if really tired)

4pm: snack if hungry,

4:30 start supper

6pm Supper, evening vitamins

7pm clean up after supper

8pm hot tea, bedtime snack if desired

10pm bed

So I'm not sure I should say I fell off the Wagon, Im not sure I was ever on it for sure. I was on mushies until my first fill. Then a week of liquids etc. Then a week of a normal bandster diet (at least I think) and then I had a death in the family and was out of town. When I returned it was funeral wake family gatherings etc with food that was not bandster friendly, high carb, high calorie. I have not been doing well with changing my lifestyle. Depression and emotional eating are a big part of that. so today, i am puting on my big girl pants and trying to get it together. Part of my problem is I am not working and dont really have any type of schedule. I dont take my Vitamins or my Calcium like I should. Or at all really. So I am trying to get an idea of what others do to help me. Can you please teel me what your schedule or routine is like, when do you eat, exercise (something else I have not done for a week or two), take your medications and Vitamins, what else helps you keep on track? I am trying to take the approach of no more whinning and what can I do to make this a better life for me. Can you help me? I know everyone is different, so I am hoping that there will be a few of you who will post what you do and what has worked for you. Thanks!

I just got my first fill this week and am trying to adjust to bandster diet! The first few days on liquid and then mushies was easy since I felt restriction, but then I wasn't sure how to get myself onto a routine after that so yester day and today I have been eating Whatever I felt was right! I just went on Myfooddiary.com and put in what I had eaten yesterday and today just to get an idea if my instincts are right or if I really need more guidance. Seems that I need more guidance since I am eating more calories, fat and sodium than I realized I was! I think that it will be a good routine for me to log my food daily so that I can really discover my weak spots and to be conscientious enough to change my habits. On that site it you also log your daily activities and it adjusts your calories accordingly. Seems pretty cool so far! Maybe it could be a start for you too!

So I'm not sure I should say I fell off the Wagon, Im not sure I was ever on it for sure. I was on mushies until my first fill. Then a week of liquids etc. Then a week of a normal bandster diet (at least I think) and then I had a death in the family and was out of town. When I returned it was funeral wake family gatherings etc with food that was not bandster friendly, high carb, high calorie. I have not been doing well with changing my lifestyle. Depression and emotional eating are a big part of that. so today, i am puting on my big girl pants and trying to get it together. Part of my problem is I am not working and dont really have any type of schedule. I dont take my Vitamins or my Calcium like I should. Or at all really. So I am trying to get an idea of what others do to help me. Can you please teel me what your schedule or routine is like, when do you eat, exercise (something else I have not done for a week or two), take your medications and Vitamins, what else helps you keep on track? I am trying to take the approach of no more whinning and what can I do to make this a better life for me. Can you help me? I know everyone is different, so I am hoping that there will be a few of you who will post what you do and what has worked for you. Thanks!

6:00 a.m; wake up and walk on treadmill 30 minutes.

Drink 16 ounces of Water

8:00 a.m.; Breakfast (two eggs, laughing cow cheese melted in and two turkey sausage or Chobani Greek Yogurt and 1/2 banana)

9:00-11:00; drink 16 ounces of Water and take Vitamin, Actigall, Calcium chew, and Fiber Gummie

12:00; lunch (2 - 4 ounces canned tuna, chicken, shrimp, crab, refried Beans, Soup, egg salad, etc.)

1:00 - 4:00 (drink 16 ounces of water)

Between 3:00 - 4:00 (I will have a piece of string cheese if I feel hunger)

5:00; 30 minutes of yoga on the wii

6:00; dinner (chilli, crockpot meatballs, some sort of meat and small serving of vegetables

7:00 - 10:00; drink 16 ounces of water, take Vitamin, Calcium chew, and Fiber gummie

My lunch meals have to be easy and on the go so I can take them to work in a lunch box. I am trying to add variety to my dinner meals by going on this lap band website and my REALIZE band website for lap-band friendly recipe ideas. I try to prepare dinner meals (and sometimes lunch) ahead of time on Sundays and then freeze them up to use the rest of the week or later.

9:00; if I feel hunger, I will have a sugar free Jello pudding.

I have kind of a weird schedule. I also don't work much. My schedule is what works for me, but admittedly its a little strange (and sometimes it changes). I also don't eat breakfast (eating shortly after waking up makes me feel sick).

730AM: Wake up, take synthroid, drive fiance to school

830AM -11:30AM: Run errands, do housework, go to the supermarket, etc.

1145AM: Drink a Premier Protein shake

Noon: Pick up fiance

1PM: Start dinner usually

2PM: Take a 2.5 mile walk (or some other kind of exercise when its cold out) OR go to gym for cardio (1.5 hours on days without cross training class, 30-45 minutes on days with cross training)

4PM: Go to cross training class (4 times a week...the other days I do cardio at the gym on my own)

6PM: Get home from cross training class, get dinner together (including calculating all nutrition for each part of the dinner BEFORE we eat it...I usually do this before I make it so I know whether its a good thing to make in the first place)

730PM: Clean up from dinner, watch tv, hang out with the kitties, or whatever

830PM: This is when my bad snacking habits come up - sweets and other bad foods. I can generally control it but I'm seeing a therapist now to help me out with binge eating disorder.

930PM: Take chewable Vitamin and fiber gummie

10PM-11PM: Go to sleep

Around 5:30 a.m., I have a warm Protein Drink made with almond milk plus bariatric Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Co Q-10 around 9:00, I exercise, usually 3.5 mile walk, but now that it's colder, I'm heading back to the gym after exercise, I have 3-5 ounces solid protein--often I go with legumes (like, chicken-black bean chili) with a sprinkle of cheese 12:00-1:00 or so, I have 3-ish ounces of Protein with about half a cup of nonstarchy veggies dinner-same as lunch after dinner, often another 3.5 mile walk before bed-another warm protein drink, bariatric multivitamin, Co Q-10 if I need a snack, I have something like an ounce of cheese or a small salad