Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

soup recipes?

Sign in to follow this  

I am 2 days into my 10 day pre-op liquid diet and already jonesin for solid food. Today I tried cream of chicken and mushroom from cambells and it made me kind of queesy. Does anyone have and good recipes for the "full liquids" phase of the diet? Any advice is appreciated!

I just posted in another thread somewhere...

I am on day 3 of my diet ....

Last night I made a chicken Enchilada Soup..very high in sodium but yummy!

1 can of cream of chicken Soup (low fat)

1 can of cheddar cheese soup

1/2 of enchilada sauce

1 can of milk.

I added the whole can of enchilada sauce to mine and then added a little bit of sour cream. I was hesitant but it really was tasty.

The Black Bean puree I made tonight comes from this link:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Black-Bean-Soup-with-Cumin-and-Jalapeno-109772

Thai Broth~ This is a staple in my house for soup

coconut milk

chicken broth

ginger

garlic

soy sauce

a little sugar

But I make it with Taste of Thai coconut ginger soup base and follow the directions omitting chicken.

Gonna make a butternut squash and ginger soup this weekend too!

I just posted in another thread somewhere...

I am on day 3 of my diet ....

Last night I made a chicken Enchilada soup..very high in sodium but yummy!

1 can of cream of chicken Soup (low fat)

1 can of cheddar cheese soup

1/2 of enchilada sauce

1 can of milk.

I added the whole can of enchilada sauce to mine and then added a little bit of sour cream. I was hesitant but it really was tasty.

The Black Bean puree I made tonight comes from this link:

http://www.epicuriou...Jalapeno-109772

Thai Broth~ This is a staple in my house for soup

coconut milk

chicken broth

ginger

garlic

soy sauce

a little sugar

But I make it with Taste of Thai coconut ginger soup base and follow the directions omitting chicken.

Gonna make a butternut squash and ginger soup this weekend too!

Wow! This sounds really tasty...the Thai broth. Is this okay post op too? I'm day 5 and I'm looking for a little variety.

Thanks!! :)

Wow! This sounds really tasty...the Thai broth. Is this okay post op too? I'm day 5 and I'm looking for a little variety.

Thanks!! :)

As far as I know it is okay for post and pre op. I use a small hand blender if there are chunks in it. I won't use it for 2 days after surgery only because it isn't clear! It really is good. But don't forget to add flavors to your taste. I made this last night and added hot sauce to it!

The black Bean and Cumin Soup is amazing too! I am not sure I would like this much it was the middle of the summer but right now Soups are fabulous in these cold nights!

You can have that pre-op? Mine says no milk products or solids. Just the Protein Shakes. It's meant to clear out your bowels. Wouldn't pureed Soup essentially be food. Hmm. I'm going to my doctor today, hmm have to ask. Sounds like that stuff is ok post opp.

I'm drinking some bullion right now haha, it's actually pretty satisfying, but I'm only on day one.

You can have that pre-op? Mine says no milk products or solids. Just the Protein shakes. It's meant to clear out your bowels. Wouldn't pureed Soup essentially be food. Hmm. I'm going to my doctor today, hmm have to ask. Sounds like that stuff is ok post opp. I'm drinking some bullion right now haha, it's actually pretty satisfying, but I'm only on day one.

I am allowed all Soups. Lowfat cream based as well!

I am to drink Clear liquids the day before surgery and a day after I think! The liquid diet I believe is to shrink you liver for surgery. But all docs are different that is for sure! I can have lowfat yogurt and Jello pudding as well (sugar free).

How long are you on Clear Liquids?

For 7 days, says Protein shakes and clear liquid only

2 weeks of Soups for me! My surgery is on the 13th. So not to much longer now!