Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov. 22nd Bandsters, how are you doing?

Hello bandsters. How are you doing on your weight loss journey? Have you gone back to work and gotten back into a routine?

I went for my post-op visit yesterday and have lost 29 lbs. since my journey began the first of November.(I can't remember my pin number to update my ticker.) I had dropped 8 lbs. since surgery day, so that was very exciting! My nutritionist told me I could move on to solid foods on Friday.

Today, I am heading back to work. It is exciting and a bit dreadful at the same time in that I am ready to get back to my routine, but I am not sure that I am ready for the 20 questions I am going to get from people!

Have a wonderful day my friends!

I was banded on the 24 of November, Is that close enough so I can play? hee hee. Went back to work on Monday, and feel good. A little bloaty by the end of the day and tired, but nothing I can't handle. Have my one week post op appt today at 11 and am hoping to be cleared for mushies. Will see what the Dr/nurse say. My first fill is scheduled for December 17...so hopefully, I can avoid a bit of bandster hell. Right now, I'm in bandster Honeymoon. Not super hungry, and a Protein Shake taken slowly fills me up.

Best to all,

Laura

Well, I'm a week and a day out from surgery and I'm eating like a cow! Taco meat, salmon salad, cheese, ice cream. (sigh) This is not good. I feel no restriction whatsoever and wonder if this was worth it at all. I hope they can fill me tomorrow on my first follow-up and give me the green light to do serious cardio. Really upset that this may not work for me. The doctor tried to talk me into bypass instead, but I went the LapBand route.

Hello fellow November bansters. I was banded on November 15th. I have lost 12 lbs. since the surgery, 18 total. I went back to work 8 days after being banded, but it was only for a day and a half because we were off for Thanksgiving. The first two weeks were worse than I thought they would be, in a sense of pain and discomfort. Week 3 (now), I'm feeling no pain. I still have to bend over slowly and cannot sleep on my left side for more than 30 minutes though. I'm on soft/mushy until next week and then I can start on solids. I'm scheduled for my first fill on 12/9/10. So far, I have stayed satisfied with Protein Shakes and 4 oz. of mushy food. I had my 2 week appointment yesterday and the surgeon said I will start getting hungry soon because the swelling will be gone. He seems to be more agressive with fills to help prevent any weight gain. I'm nervous about having my first fill next Thursday. I hope it all goes smoothly! Good luck to all of you and Congrats on your weight loss so far!

Hello Hello :-)

I was banded Nov 21st and feel amazing at the moment :-) Took the week off from work and got back this past Monday and it was starting yesterday I start

food has been good, but since i can't stomach pureed meats, aside from tuna, I've been reduced to Protein shakes, cottage cheese, yogurt, silken tofu, pudding and Jello...but stillupbeat about the prospect of being healthier :-)

Weighed myself on my home digital scale and am down 12 lbs. already, although can't see really tell since I'm still swollen from the surgery :-)

Hope all of November banders are recovering well!!!

11/19 - I was banded on a Friday and went back to work on Tuesday. Thanksgiving was day 6 and hell on earth! But since then I feel great, no pain. I feel like I could eat anything I wanted but of course I haven't. I'm starting to get hungry. I am not supposed to be on mushies for 2 more days but I had pudding last night and cottage cheese today. I go for my post-op in 5 days. I hope I can get a fill ASAP. I'm afraid I am going to go overboard with my food choices. I've lost 18lbs so far. Good luck to my fellow November bandsters!

I was banded on 11/22. . Felt horrible for 2 1/2 days after banding and wondered if this was worth it. The last 4 days I never felt better. since eating right, the aches and pains are gone. I guess its true you are what you eat and I was eating horrible. Now I am eating reasonable portions and walking. When I feel full I stop. Lost 13 lbs first week.

I went back to work Monday and was a little tired at first. I have been so busy at work that I have a hard time getting Snacks in. I also feel better since I am off of sugar and diet coke. I can't stand the texture of pureed meat so I have been eating some egg salad pureed and a lot of protien smoothies. I go for my first appt tomorrow but don't have a fill until 12-20. I am down 16 pounds total. Yay!

schis- i really questioned my decision for about 3 days and then started to feel human again! Since the swelling has gone down, it is harder to remember to eat slowly.

Great job Everyone! I'm down 18 lbs total! I'm excited! I went back to work and I feel great. No problems whatsoever. Trying to do the pureed thing but my apetite definitely wants mushies already so I've tried eggs. They were awesome! I agree Wakeup- I forget to eat slowly but haven't had any real problems. Its just so much to remember. I chopped 8 inches off my hair because I decided if I had to take so much time to measure my food - my hair needed to be easy peasy! I'm proud of you 11/22ers! And others. We're really doing it!

Like Dizzy, I am so proud of us all too! We have all traveled a long road just to begin this journey, so we all deserve a big pat on the back. It is nice to see that everyone is doing well and feeling much better now.

Yesterday was my first day back to work, and I have to say that it wore me out! I was ready to go back home by 9:30..lol! For some reason, I was hot, dizzy, light headed, and a bit nauseated all day long. This morning, I feel better. Maybe it was the shock of going back to work, or work anxiety as my husband says. Too bad there's not a pill for that!

I wish everyone a great day today!!

Hi! I was banded on Nov. 23. I lost 8 lbs in the first 8 days, but have hit a plateau over the past 3 days. Is this normal? I do drink Crystal Lite throughout the day, and have about 2 Protein Shakes a day. My first fill is another 3 weeks out, so I'm getting a little bit concerned. I tried working out, but the port area still hurts too much. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!